• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Today I took the family to the gun range. I instructed my wife on the proper handling of her SR9c (I recently bought a CZ75 and traded for a Glock 17) and all of the gun safety rules, because today would be her first time shooting. We went over a few drills and made sure she understood how to load and unload the gun.....even made her load her own magazines :D. She actually shot very well considering it was her first time ever firing a gun, let alone a handgun. She's awaiting her LTCH ....hopefully any day now!
    Then I broke out the 10/22 and went over the same stuff with my daughter (8) and she shot it like a pro! She had 3 bullseyes @ 50ft out of 5 shots on one round...lol. She loved every minute of it.
    My son (6) had a high of 4 out 5 bullseyes...it wasn't his first time shooting and he made me promise to take him to the outdoor range this weekend so he could shoot at a target a little bit further away...lol.
    I got to shoot my new (to me) Glock 17. It was pretty awesome- but I have to adjust the sites...it was shooting left by about 3 inches @50 ft. I was really impressed with it.
    Afterwards, we went to Big Boy....and I was glad I took the Glock, because the waitress tipped her tray; and spilled tea all over me and the gun (OC)...lol. I may have cried if it happened to my CZ, but I knew the Glock would be good to go.
    All in all....it was a cool day.

brian.derby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Aww, the sounds of children gleefully laughing as they punch holes in paper, mom cooking away on the range, and dad, just as proud as a pup with a new toy. Got to love it.

Top Bottom