• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    This is my XM21 build on a 1980 dated SAI M1A rifle. The scope is a Leatherwood scope put together by Iron Sight Inc. in Tulsa, OK from NOS Leatherwood parts. The M14 walnut stock came from the internet. Now here is the cool part. I purchased this rifle at auction only to discover that it had never been sent back to have the bolt replaced by SAI from a !987 recall! I then contacted SAI and was told that, Yes it had to come back. I decided to replace the barrel with a NM SAI barrel since they would have it anyway. Long story short, I called SAI on Tuesday, received a return authorization 15 minutes later, packed it up and shipped it to Genesco, IL 2:30 p.m. that day, they received it at 8.21 a.m. Wednesday. SAI called Friday and said the rifle would ship Monday, and I had it in my hands 2 p.m. Tuesday. I call that great service from SAI and great good fortune on my part. Oh, and Merry Christmas.

23923694676_001dc3be32_c.jpg

23867267961_7b2e9bd3e8_c.jpg

23322999533_a015a8157b_c.jpg

23654117240_9ac3dbbae7_b.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I hate you. I have wanted one since I first fired the XM 21 in !976. Does it have the Springfield factory glass bedding?

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Beautiful rifle and a great story to match. I bought a "Loaded" model from a member here about 3 years ago, had nothing with it but one mag. I had never owned an M1A, so I called Springfield and the Customer service rep informed me of their warranty (which I have never needed) it follows the rifle not the person that owns it. And she mailed me out nothing short of a care package for it, I called wanting a manual, and a few days later I received all the paperwork they include with a new rifle, plus some Springfield swag as well. I have nothing but good things to say about Springfield Armory.

Last edited:

LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    I hate you. I have wanted one since I first fired the XM 21 in !976. Does it have the Springfield factory glass bedding?

It is not glass bedded. I want to shoot it and sort it out, then maybe I will go with bedding it. Heck, I might try to bed it myself, maybe even a threesome with the wife...wait you were talking about something else weren't you? :xmad:

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Beautiful!

I lucked into a 3 digit this year. Ray Saltzman has it right now for a "tune up". :)

I've had Ray do some 1911 work for me, why did you pick him for a M1A ? May I ask what you are having him do ?
    He is a well respected Smith, its just not a name that I have " matched " with M14 / M1A work .. Thanks

Top Bottom