• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    On a thread in the long gun section, the discussion kinda veered toward gun safety. I made the comment on it that I carried condition 3 and used the Israeli draw method (which I practice a lot). I posted a video of some guy on YouTube demonstrating the method...I don't want to debate condition 1 and condition 3, I just wanted to post this cool old 1970's sales promotion video I have on my computer. It's a video for a Israeli made Kareen. It's a Hi Power clone. On the video they have what I would guess are some Israeli Army or special forces guys demonstrating Israeli gunfighting techniques. This video is in quicktime format so I had to add it to photobucket to share it....If I don't get some rep for having a video like this on my computer something is wrong. LOL!...I mean, there's being a gun junky, and then there's being THIS kinda gun junky :rockwoot:

Here it is

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    That Kareen looks impressive. I wiki'd the Kareen and did not find anything, but it sure looks alot like a Jericho 941. Those pistols based on the CZ-75 design sure feel great in the hand.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    That Kareen looks impressive. I wiki'd the Kareen and did not find anything, but it sure looks alot like a Jericho 941. Those pistols based on the CZ-75 design sure feel great in the hand.

Looks like a Browning HP copy to me. The Israelis used a lot of HPs for Special Forces and Police work I believe. There were quite a dew for sale on the auction sites not to long ago. I remember seeing that video years ago. guy is good.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    It took 5 years of development to COPY a Browning HP? Wow, I don't think it took JMB that long to design it from scratch. Still, some retro-cool stuff. Thanks for sharing.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Looks like a Browning HP copy to me. The Israelis used a lot of HPs for Special Forces and Police work I believe. There were quite a dew for sale on the auction sites not to long ago. I remember seeing that video years ago. guy is good.

It's a licensed copy of the Hi Power. Argentina manufactured a licensed copy as well. As an historical sidenote the Falklands Conflict is the only conflict where both sides were using the same two weapons, battle rifle and sidearm as each other. Both sides had FN FAL's as their main battle rifle and the hi power as their sidearm. I believe the Argentines FN FAL was full auto though and rumor is some of the Royal Marines picked up some and used them during the battle. They came to the conclusion that a full auto .308 is not the ideal shoulder weapon for the average soldier.

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    Are these anygood? Looks pretty good in the video. Think I saw 1 on gunbroker for like $230. Wouldnt be bad if all they said was true about the abuse it can take.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom