• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Earlier today I was walking around Chesterton Indiana with a hand-draw picture of Ron Paul. There is a local festival going on, and the streets have been designated for foot traffic only. There are vendors set up on the street and whatnot. Elephant ears and hoagies. A pretty low key event. For the record, I do occasionally get out of my mom's basement and put my money where my mouth is.

I put on my favorite Ron Paul shirt and picked up my hand-drawn picture of Ron Paul. I just casually walked around Broadway, not bothering anybody. People would come up to talk to me if interested, give me a thumbs up, whatever. Its a free country right? My tax dollars paved and maintain this street. So here I am to peacefully enjoy it.

I got away with my free speech up until the final hour of the festival on its second day. Then the police sniffed me out and told me to take my politics to a Free Speech Zone where they belong. That is not an exact quote, but it is the exact message I received. I was told to leave or be arrested.

This is the piece of cardboard that is illegal to hold in my hands on Broadway. This country doesn't need a blessing, it needs an exorcism.

293965_10150284026496507_537371506_8261178_1451156990_n.jpg

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Just out of curiousity where was the "zone?" I might have said, I though the USA was a "free speech zone." Is there as zoning permit for free speech now?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Interesting. Did you report the officers to their superiors? File a formal complaint? Write a letter to THE TIMES or the POST TRIBUNE editorial pages? Recording?
    It happened about 90 minutes ago and I'm still warming up from standing in the rain. Yes, I am that dedicated.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    What a load of horse ****.

Not that I would have handled it differently, but if you know you weren't doing anything illegal, you should have let them arrest you...Could have possible made some money.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Just out of curiousity where was the "zone?" I might have said, I though the USA was a "free speech zone." Is there as zoning permit for free speech now?
    Outside the sawhorses that block vehicular traffic. Outside the festival, away from the crowd.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Were you OC'ing? :D

The question I have is if it was "leave or be arrested", did you ask them to cite the law you were breaking?

Added: Did you ask where they get their jack boots?

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Being called a "Free speech zone" I would have told them to shove it because it's America. Then I would have gotten my neck broken by their boots stomping on it, I would have sued and then used the money for the cause.

Rambone, you really gotta think these things out. :D

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Does it cease to be a personal attack if you use asterisks? You aren't here for a discussion. You are here to openly troll. Its pretty hilarious that you rip on me for posting on the same forum that you visit.

It's OK. I wouldn't want to answer either.

It's serious question. Were you a libertarian warrior or not? If you were a libertarian warrior and told the JBTs to go to hell, you got rep coming.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Were you OC'ing? :D
    CC

The question I have is if it was "leave or be arrested", did you ask them to cite the law you were breaking?
    All they cited was that political speech isn't allowed at the festival. Yes the festival has private sponsors and people pay to set up booths. But the street shouldn't cease to be public just because vendors are present.

The festival was closing in 20 minutes and I decided to let it go. I was cold, wet, and about to snap. I walked away.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's OK. I wouldn't want to answer either.

It's serious question. Were you a libertarian warrior or a punk (deleted expletive)? If you were a libertarian warrior and told the JBTs to go to hell, you got rep coming.

Do you really need to be THAT guy? :n00b:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    CC

All they cited was that political speech isn't allowed at the festival. Yes the festival has private sponsors and people pay to set up booths. But the street shouldn't cease to be public just because vendors are present.

The festival was closing in 20 minutes and I decided to let it go. I was cold, wet, and about to snap. I walked away.
    Don't know that I blame you for just walking away. We all sit here in front of our computers talking about what we would do, but in real life it feels a whole lot different than what is played out in our minds.

At least you were out attempting to get your message out to others, how many of us here can say the same thing?

Top Bottom