• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    ...and if you have a fever, COVID 19 or otherwise, unless it's serious enough to go to the hospital (or there's a tendency for seizures), lay off the fever reducer.

Fevers are there for a reason.
    Yes, unless it's over a 101.5. My Dr told me that at that point your body is using so much energy that it becomes counter productive.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Reasons for taking self-isolation and social distancing seriously...

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2020/03/16/80-of-COVID-19-spreads-from-people-who-dont-know-they-are-sick/7771584372104/

Using data from China -- where the COVID-19 outbreak originated -- epidemiologists developed a mathematical model of infectious disease spread. The model estimates nearly 80 percent of confirmed cases of the disease originated from so-called "undocumented" cases, or those who experienced mild, limited or no symptoms and went undiagnosed as a result.The researchers believe the findings help explain the rapid global spread of the virus.

"When someone experiences mild symptoms, and most of us can relate to this, we still go about our day and send the kids to school and go to work and might have a headache or slight fever and maybe take ibuprofen and go out and go shopping and whatnot," study co-author Jeffrey Shaman, professor of environmental health at Columbia University, said at a press briefing Monday. "It is that continued contact with people that allows the transmission of many respiratory viruses."

According to Ira Longini Jr., a professor of biostatistics at the University of Florida, the findings suggest that one of every seven cases of COVID-19 presents with severe enough symptoms to allow for confirmed diagnosis -- because only those with severe symptoms pursue treatment.

"If you were to project that number globally, given we have 150,000 confirmed cases, we are approaching close to one million infections," said Longini, who was not part of the research team. "We could argue or dispute what the specific number is -- and might be one in 10 in some societies, versus one in five and others."

This translates to the 3,500 confirmed cases in the United States potentially being as many as 35,000 infections, Longini said.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/201...gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html

Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases.The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.*

• Fever
    • Cough
    • Shortness of breath

*This is based on what has been seen previously as the incubation period of MERS-CoV viruses.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    They (PD) frame this by saying they won’t arrest people for “nonviolent” crimes. Fine, so it’s open season on those who have what others might want… unless of course, they resist, which usually leads to violence… So we’re looking at an increase in violence unless people just submit to criminals (on the premise they’ll be arrested later, because they might catch something in jail). Anybody think the word won’t get around among the criminal element?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Everything is moving very quickly. One step at a time so it appears kind of normal and nobody panics. I expect we haven't seen the half of it. I suggest buying cans and a new opener, keeping cash on hand, and stock up on toilet paper.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I wondered about where they draw the line on restaurants as here in the GSF there are a lot of gas stations that halfway function as restaurants but I'm sure the bulk of the revenue comes from fuel sales.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just sold an AR15 pistol config to a neighbor. The guy never thought about AR's before.....

I just found a bunch of commercial (read non-corrosive) 7.92x57 ammo that I've been saving for my FN49. AR-15. Pfft!

Plenty of Garand enbloc clips loaded up (get off my lawn!)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom