• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've trained under guys some hate and others guys seem to love. I certainly don't mean this in a derogatory way, but only one trainer was able to teach me something different; I mean in applying what I've learned. The others seemed to just re-teach the same lessons and basic skills. But, that is okay with me. I don't expect a class to always "teach" me something, but use the opportunity to have another person evaluate and put his finger on what I can do differently to improve. All of my trainers have done this. Also, I don't go into a class expecting a former SEAL to make me into a SEAL. This seems to be what most people are after when talking about resumes.

Well now you need to name names! Whomever that was deserves some credit, even if it's someone I don't like. I might learn to like them enough to train with them.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Honestly, I'm bummed either way. I was wanting to take a basic class from them. Now they don't have a range to use for business purposes. I did see that HSP moved from their range to Hillside Shooting in Roanoke for the classes next month that were supposed to be at their range.

If you can learn something, or take something away from an instructor, put all the bull**** aside and try to better yourself. That's the entire purpose of training and practicing right?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    **** yeah! I love james yeager and always have and that other guy is cool as **** too. It's been shown Corey said false stuff but I agree with what was said in this video. That once you get successful people get jeoulous and try to tear you down and it's more true I the gun community than anywhere else. And I've seen it first hand.
    But there's also good ****ing people that would give you the tight shirt off their backs like yeager!
    I think it's a true friend that sticks by your side.
    also on the training thing. Everyone take pieces from other instructors and like yeager said "if you pay me to take my class you bought the information, it's not stealing!"
    very true.
    id train with Corey and Erica.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well now you need to name names! Whomever that was deserves some credit, even if it's someone I don't like. I might learn to like them enough to train with them.

That's fair. I got a couple of PMs about this and I'm glad no one took it the wrong way... so far.

For me, my only formal training was in the Army. All of that training was team-focused. I realized that my proficiency with firearms was adequate, but I needed more practical training, especially with a handgun. After a couple of "Pistol 101 and 102" trainings, I noticed that everything was very similar.

After er being bugged, pestered, and insulted (all in fun) by Shay, I took his Force-on-force class. I got my butt kicked, trying to operate as a team, but without a team. I learned to be selfish and to understand what personal defense is really about and that is me getting home. I was able to apply what I learned in my classes and see what I would do wrong. That for me was a turning point. Still, I would not suggest FoF as a monthly training, but it is very effective.

Now, I'm not saying that I didn't learn from all the instruction I've taken. I'm simply pointing out there are only so any ways to teach someone to draw a gun and shoot it. We can keep searching for that super LEO/SF instructor to position our hand three degrees forward for a faster draw or something, but the bottom line is, the book is pretty complete.

BTW, I'm not dissing basic pistol training. I take a basic course every year.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That's fair. I got a couple of PMs about this and I'm glad no one took it the wrong way... so far.

For me, my only formal training was in the Army. All of that training was team-focused. I realized that my proficiency with firearms was adequate, but I needed more practical training, especially with a handgun. After a couple of "Pistol 101 and 102" trainings, I noticed that everything was very similar.

After er being bugged, pestered, and insulted (all in fun) by Shay, I took his Force-on-force class. I got my butt kicked, trying to operate as a team, but without a team. I learned to be selfish and to understand what personal defense is really about and that is me getting home. I was able to apply what I learned in my classes and see what I would do wrong. That for me was a turning point. Still, I would not suggest FoF as a monthly training, but it is very effective.

Now, I'm not saying that I didn't learn from all the instruction I've taken. I'm simply pointing out there are only so any ways to teach someone to draw a gun and shoot it. We can keep searching for that super LEO/SF instructor to position our hand three degrees forward for a faster draw or something, but the bottom line is, the book is pretty complete.

BTW, I'm not dissing basic pistol training. I take a basic course every year.

Thanks!

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    Everyone likes to dish it out, but no one likes to be on the receiving end of it. It is times like these when you find out quickly who your friends are... All too often I see us turning our back on one another.

I don't see many people putting themselves out there and making a YouTube video or starting a firearm related business (even though they are passionate about firearms.) I have bumped into countless people in the firearms community that aren't even members of a pro gun organization, yet they have a safe full of guns and cry about having to deal with ridiculous gun laws.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I am not going to bash a guy for making a mistake or telling a lie especially since I too am human and have made mistakes. If he purposely stole or hurt someone that would be another story entirely. Give the guy a break and let him clear the air.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Everyone likes to dish it out, but no one likes to be on the receiving end of it. It is times like these when you find out quickly who your friends are... All too often I see us turning our back on one another.

I don't see many people putting themselves out there and making a YouTube video or starting a firearm related business (even though they are passionate about firearms.) I have bumped into countless people in the firearms community that aren't even members of a pro gun organization, yet they have a safe full of guns and cry about having to deal with ridiculous gun laws.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I am not going to bash a guy for making a mistake or telling a lie especially since I too am human and have made mistakes. If he purposely stole or hurt someone that would be another story entirely. Give the guy a break and let him clear the air.
    A.) just because we have a common interest (guns) does not make us friends.
    B.) Cory has the platform (YouTube) to set the record straight and has not done so yet.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I don't see many people putting themselves out there and making a YouTube video or starting a firearm related business (even though they are passionate about firearms.)

How is that relevant? People with DD-214s with HONORABLE in Box 24 earned that distinction. Making a YouTube video or starting a business is not like joining the military or becoming a LEO.

Last edited:

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Part of being a decent human being to me is owning up to mistakes, whatever they may be, another part is forgiving those that made them. Each person has to choose for themselves if something like this is critical enough to change their lives and get worked up about. People hate Yeager and I'm still trying to figure out what's really behind it because to me he's an honest hard working American, sure he's passionate and emotional and sometimes let's those qualities dictate his actions but that's who he is and I for one appreciate his candidness and his loyalty. The SOE guy I was on the fence about for a while because it doesn't seem to me that he needs to brag about how good his life is to make a point, he doesn't need to throw things in people's faces because of perceived wrongs. He makes a great product with a great warranty at a great price but if personality matters to you, he doesn't seem to be the moral high road type. Despite that, kudos to him for standing up for his friends. As for Cory, I've still not seen physical proof of wrong doing, did he come out and actually admit to the community he did wrong? I've seen others put words in his mouth and I've seen digital documents which can be faked a little too easily. I for one have made mistakes in my life, without the support of friends, family, and the forgiveness and understanding of others I would not be who and where I am today. I am not appointed by peers to judge anyone and I can't see that it's my place to judge Cory anyways like so many have. Either you're going to do business with him or you're not, most people's relationship to this ends and begins there.

I won't be weighing in again on any of this, because it really does not change my life as I've never met Cory and would still train with him, depending on the value of his services, I choose to not live a life filled with hostility and I accept we all make mistakes, both accused and accuser.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Part of being a decent human being to me is owning up to mistakes, whatever they may be, another part is forgiving those that made them. Each person has to choose for themselves if something like this is critical enough to change their lives and get worked up about. People hate Yeager and I'm still trying to figure out what's really behind it because to me he's an honest hard working American, sure he's passionate and emotional and sometimes let's those qualities dictate his actions but that's who he is and I for one appreciate his candidness and his loyalty. The SOE guy I was on the fence about for a while because it doesn't seem to me that he needs to brag about how good his life is to make a point, he doesn't need to throw things in people's faces because of perceived wrongs. He makes a great product with a great warranty at a great price but if personality matters to you, he doesn't seem to be the moral high road type. Despite that, kudos to him for standing up for his friends. As for Cory, I've still not seen physical proof of wrong doing, did he come out and actually admit to the community he did wrong? I've seen others put words in his mouth and I've seen digital documents which can be faked a little too easily. I for one have made mistakes in my life, without the support of friends, family, and the forgiveness and understanding of others I would not be who and where I am today. I am not appointed by peers to judge anyone and I can't see that it's my place to judge Cory anyways like so many have. Either you're going to do business with him or you're not, most people's relationship to this ends and begins there.

I won't be weighing in again on any of this, because it really does not change my life as I've never met Cory and would still train with him, depending on the value of his services, I choose to not live a life filled with hostility and I accept we all make mistakes, both accused and accuser.

:+1:

That is pretty much my philosophy. I've learned to look past people's failings because, no matter how noble or principled we think we are, we've all failed to act nobly and principled at one time or other. If Cory embellished his military involvement, that's not an example of principled behavior and he needs to own up to it. But if he did lie about it, either way I'm not going to look down my nose at him and ridicule and root for his demise. That's not principled behavior either.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    **** yeah! I love james yeager and always have and that other guy is cool as **** too. It's been shown Corey said false stuff but I agree with what was said in this video. That once you get successful people get jeoulous and try to tear you down and it's more true I the gun community than anywhere else. And I've seen it first hand.
    But there's also good ****ing people that would give you the tight shirt off their backs like yeager!
    I think it's a true friend that sticks by your side.
    also on the training thing. Everyone take pieces from other instructors and like yeager said "if you pay me to take my class you bought the information, it's not stealing!"
    very true.
    id train with Corey and Erica.

When it comes to the military , to me it's about honor and respect .

Honor , goes hand in hand with candor and telling the truth .

Respect is about the contributions , sacrifices and blood , willfully given by those who've served .

Embellishment about one's service is one thing , but this ****tard has no service to embellish , YET has clearly ran his mouth about his "MOS" and "service" .

To me he's no different than the Sgt . Maj . SF/MP idiot in Florida on YT .

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    A pair of quotes by Winston Churchill, if I may:

"It is a fine thing to be honest, but it is also very important to be right."

"The only guide to a man is his conscience; the only shield to his memory is the rectitude and sincerity of his actions. It is very imprudent to walk through life without this shield, because we are so often mocked by the failure of our hopes; but with this shield, however fate may play, we march always in the ranks of honor."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When it comes to the military , to me it's about honor and respect .

Honor , goes hand in hand with candor and telling the truth .

Respect is about the contributions , sacrifices and blood , willfully given by those who've served .

Embellishment about one's service is one thing , but this ****tard has no service to embellish , YET has clearly ran his mouth about his "MOS" and "service" .

To me he's no different than the Sgt . Maj . SF/MP idiot in Florida on YT .

Seems like you're projecting your sense of ethos onto others. It's okay. You're human too. That's forgivable. People do that and get their panties twisted all up almost as often as people lie about their status.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The fact that John Willis (of all people) and Yeager are the ones coming to his defense (while ignoring the overwhelming evidence presented) speaks volumes. On a dark street at 2 A.M., I would rather be beaten and robbed than have any help from John Willis.
    Bit the bullet and watched the video. All I got out of it is 'We don't know all the particulars but we don't give a ****ing ****"

Most of the time Willis's input was "**** and ****" <Go off on a tangent then back to more> "**** this **** and **** that ****"

It doesn't matter. In the end Cory needs to take care of his own business and move on.

I'm done.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    no, he just has a sense of decency

It seems you're implying that I don't. But I do.

Personally I might post some facts that contradict some story someone tells, and let people draw their own conclusions, and leave it at that. And if it's a pretty big deal I would certainly vet those facts accordingly. But I would not take it further than that and try to use it to ruin people on the internet, no matter what they did.

To me it seems honorable to bring it to light and present the facts, but dishonorable to engage in the level of ridicule that's gone on here. But that's me. I'll not project my ethos on you and hold you to my standards.

Top Bottom