• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Its been over a year since i bought some primers. (LPP) and i remember i paid $3 per 100 or $30 per 1000.(what every local shop price was) What are they going for now? I dont get out much, and need to restock.

uncmrkhd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    The prices have gone up but they still are on sale some times . Get the cabelas email and watch for sales. I got a couple 1000 for $27 and last month for $25 a 1000 . Reloading can be cheap if ya watch for the sales

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Welcome to an election year. You're not going to find them for $28 at the next 1500.

I order them for Grafs.com pricing at the monthly hazmat orders. Stock up, last election made primers a ghost for 2 years.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Aszerigan makes a good point and I will probably be contacting him for a bulk order of components in the next few months.

2008 and 2009 were frustrating years to be a reloader, or a shooter, period. When things finally settled back down a buddy and I ordered 7,000 primers and 12lbs of powder from one of the online sites. Now that I know a local dealer I can order through, before prices and availability get ridiculous again, I'll be ordering through him.

If, by some stunning slight of hand by the libtards and the media backing them, Obama gets another run at screwing up this country, I fully expect him to mess with our 2nd Amendment rights. I won't make the mistake of waiting to find out and THEN go looking for components I need to keep enjoying my hobbies.

noylj

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2011
    Go to PowderValley (or one of the mail-order companies like Graf and Sons, MIdSouth, or Natchez when they have a "free" HazMat sale) and buy at least a couple of sleeves (5000 primers). Stock up on what you like or what ever is cheapest. Right now, Tula is probably the cheapest, and, for all I know, they are the cheapest for a reason (besides being Russian). Primers last a LONG time so stock up.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    I saw $41 and $47 at 2 gun stores near Ft. Wayne($30-$35 at the show). A range in South Bend is up to $31 for Winchester(was $26 in the Summer and $28 in the Fall.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I remember when the cost of primers was so low, I didn't even factor it into the reloading equation, when I was calculating how much it cost for each round. :(

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Applied Ballistics has CCI and WIN primers for $34.95 per 1000. If you are only buying 1000 or two, it takes some creativity so get much below that. If you order you have hazmat and shipping, if you go to a gun show, you have transportation and entry fee, and maybe only save $5 per box. If you can order 20,000 at a time, the shipping and Haz mat per box goes down and you can save some money.

Last edited:

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Check grafs, wideners, powder valley, and natchezSS. They have great deals. I love the tula primers and you can get them for between $15-$20 per 1k. That's a smoking price. Ask around, post on here, etc and get 4-5 guys to go in with you on a monster order to save on hazmat and shipping. I try to do that a couple of times a year and it's always worth it.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    $24.99 Gander Mountain FW

I just paid $24.99 for LR, SP or LP primers. Gander honors other ads. Took in a copy of the ad from Fin, Fur and feather Outfitters over in OH. GM honored it every time. Pays to shop around.

WLW

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Welcome to an election year. You're not going to find them for $28 at the next 1500.

I order them for Grafs.com pricing at the monthly hazmat orders. Stock up, last election made primers a ghost for 2 years.

^^^^
    Very good advice. I think I'll be contacting you for your Feb. order then.

Top Bottom