• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    I am about to take a new job doing private security for a veteran owned and staffed company. I am in need of a duty pistol for this job. I have access to a Walther PPQ but have a hard time seeing it as a good "Duty" pistol so am looking towards a Glock, M&P, or XD. My trouble is I don' t have the ability to just go out and buy a gun right now and the normal layaway terms are 60 days or less which i don't think i can swing either.
    Does anyone know of any shops that offer longer layaway plans in central Indiana (i live near the Indy Airport)? To save the time on typing for some i can't go out and get a loan either as i am rebuilding credit at the moment.

Any help or advice would be of great help.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Personally I would use the Walther.
    I believe 99% that Crackshot in Anderson does 90 days on new firearms.

Hey, The Astonia Police and Border Patrol use it, how could you go wrong.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    From your posts, it doesn't sound like you have any options other than the Walther. I assume you have to carry something from day 1 and that is the only gun available to you.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Absolutely nothing wrong with the PPQ. Fantastic gun. Yes, it has less accessories available than Glock or Smith and Wesson, but there are plenty of choices out there. I advise hitting the Walther Forums if you don't get any good answers here. WaltherForums. They have plenty of info out there about holsters and accessories.

The other thing I'll mention is that if the PPQ is yours, why don't you sell it? Used they sell for $450 - $500 or so, or you could swap it for a Glock or Smith and Wesson M&P series. Those are the best options for service weapons if you're looking for easy to use, reliable and the most accessories. There are others as well, but those are the two options that are the least expensive.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Step 1: Start with your current gun.
    Step 2: empty a jar.
    Step 3: start putting your extra $$ into the jar.
    Step4: when "full" (aka you have enough for your gun and holsters), empty the jar and buy your gun and accessories.

The only way I would use Layaway is if a shop has a really good price on a gun you cant find anywhere (used, police trade, etc) . What if you were 2/3 of the way through the layway and you no longer wanted/needed the new gun for work? I think several gun shop layaways are non-refundable or at least the 10% down is non refundable. (I could be wrong)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    HiPoint?

Seriously though, PhotoApe gives some good advice in the above post. In the past, I've even opened a separate checking account and had a set amount of money put in automatically from my check. Once I reached the amount I needed, I pulled the cash out.

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    ultimately not much. The PPq is a great gun by all standards from everything i can read. My biggest issue as selfish as it might sound is that it currently belongs to my father who bought the only one available in the state at the time a day before I was going to buy it. I would have it eventually through his will but due to me needing a sidearm for the job i am getting he wants me to buy it from him on payments. Payments being my only option financially right now leaves me little choice. Just kinda sucks having to buy a gun you would have been given one day anyhow. Not that i blame him though lol

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    ultimately not much. The PPq is a great gun by all standards from everything i can read. My biggest issue as selfish as it might sound is that it currently belongs to my father who bought the only one available in the state at the time a day before I was going to buy it. I would have it eventually through his will but due to me needing a sidearm for the job i am getting he wants me to buy it from him on payments. Payments being my only option financially right now leaves me little choice. Just kinda sucks having to buy a gun you would have been given one day anyhow. Not that i blame him though lol

Since you are saving for another, would he let you borrow it?

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    Explain your situation to your employer. They may be able to assist you with a loaner or a payroll deduction plan for a firearm. Also if you are military, veteran or employed by a state licensed security company you may be eligible for a qualified professional discount from LEO firearms dealers like Steven R. Jenkins Company. There are a few shops in Indianapolis that offer the LEO discount.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wow. My response to my son would be "How quick can you save for it? 6 months? You may borrow it for 8 months." (S*** happens and there could be a month or two where something more important comes along)

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    Wow. My response to my son would be "How quick can you save for it? 6 months? You may borrow it for 8 months." (S*** happens and there could be a month or two where something more important comes along)
    Meh. it isn;t the response I had hoped for however all things being equal. He owns it and i don't blame him for wanting his money back. He has awned it for around 2 years and it still has yet to see one round shot through it so it is a paperweight at the moment anyhow.

Top Bottom