• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I hope to shoot one this weekend at a Red Dot class I am attending. I am interested to see how it compares to a slide mounted unit. It should be much easier to keep track of the dot.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I hope to shoot one this weekend at a Red Dot class I am attending. I am interested to see how it compares to a slide mounted unit. It should be much easier to keep track of the dot.

Same thing I've been interested in. I've thought about it quite a bit and can't decide for sure whether it will be or not. I expect even well managed recoil is still going to lift the muzzle enough to make the dot disappear momentarily so I'm not sure what to expect. Let me know what you think when you shoot one, I won't get a chance for a few more weeks at least.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Looks to me like ejection would be an issue? I hope it isn't!

Any way to have it mounted on the other side of the frame to not hinder the ejection port?

Gonna get one of those charging handle back plates? :D Mako Charging Handle: Rockyourglock Store

Haven't heard of any ejection issues. It wraps around both sides of the frame. No need for a charging handle, I can still reach over the top to pull the slide to the rear. I have thought about buying one of the versions that mount in the dovetail just to cut it down and fill it in.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Same thing I've been interested in. I've thought about it quite a bit and can't decide for sure whether it will be or not. I expect even well managed recoil is still going to lift the muzzle enough to make the dot disappear momentarily so I'm not sure what to expect. Let me know what you think when you shoot one, I won't get a chance for a few more weeks at least.

Correct, but it won't be riding back and forth with the slide. I have been led to believe that is one reason why open shooters use frame mounted optics not slide mounted. I am not an open shooter though, soooo.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Correct, but it won't be riding back and forth with the slide.

Right, but I'm not sure the eye is capable of picking up the dot faster than/before the slide makes it back in to battery. Perhaps there is a noticeable difference with lower recoiling rounds? It'll be interesting to see how it compares. The T1 also sits considerably higher than the RMR I had mounted to a slide previously, I expect this setup will slow me down a bit as I'll have to drop the pistol down a bit from my typical presentation.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Right, but I'm not sure the eye is capable of picking up the dot faster than/before the slide makes it back in to battery. Perhaps there is a noticeable difference with lower recoiling rounds? It'll be interesting to see how it compares. The T1 also sits considerably higher than the RMR I had mounted to a slide previously, I expect this setup will slow me down a bit as I'll have to drop the pistol down a bit from my typical presentation.

Well, I don't have a whole lot to report. Got to put one mag through it, but it was a different enough gun from my normal 19 to render comparison fairly moot. The one Steve had the 6 second mount and Aimpoint on was a 17L with aftermarket trigger. Needless to say it shot very easy.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Bummer, I was hoping you'd be able to do a head to head comparison. I'll get a chance to shoot it in a few weeks but I don't have a milled slide to compare it to. I've got a Vortex Venom on my 22/45 but that's even less comparable.

Top Bottom