• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    She's not far off. Though I'm not sure that she's right with the "least conservative candidate part though. Romney is not more Conservative than Newt by any stretch.

I am having trouble with the Repub. candidates this year. Just like last year. I am not too thrilled by any of the prospects that have emerged. I can't get excited about any that have been able to stay in the race.

Romney, didn't like him last time, don't like him this time. He is far too packaged if you get my meaning. He buys into too much of the Lib line on AGW and other Lib pets. Then there's RomneyCare. He oozes "establishment Republican" and he's too pretty as well.

Newt, yes he did lead the charge to force a balanced budget out of Clinton, as well as welfare reform, and has real experience as far as the National Gov't and foreign policy is concerned etc. But he was part of the established good ole boy system for too long. And when left alone on the dais and gets up a head of steam and feeling full of himself he heads off into the deep weeds and starts talking silly stuff off the top of his head,leaving everybody saying "did he really just say that?"

Paul, I love his fiscal policy ideas, not terribly enthused about some of his domestic policy and the guy is a disaster where foreign policy is concerned.
    No, we shouldn't have a military presence in all of the places that we do. But that is just about the extent of my F.P. agreement with him.

Santorum, without a doubt the most conservative guy in the picture. I don't agree with all of his positions, but most. But the spends too much time in the "I" and "me" frame of mind. ALWAYS self promoting on stage. And the guy will never get enough traction to actually get the nomination.

I really am not happy with our field this year. Or last. And I seriously doubt that I will be with whomever gets the nomination. But I am with Mark Levin, I'll vote for a dead can of Tuna before I'll vote for Obama.

But I WANT a REAL conservative to vote for.

Yeah, I know, wish in one hand . . . . . . . .

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Her book Demonic is a good quick read, she does a good job describing mob mentality in politics and I agree, we just saw it in SC.

Given the 4 choices they had, and NOT wanting Romney, they went for the pretend Southerner over substance of any kind. I was born in the South, have lived there off and on but have no intentions of going back there again for this reason. It is mind boggling how predictable this reaction is every time...............every time.

At this point, I hope they all stay in the race, gather delegates and go to the convention with the intent to wreak havoc. I have been saying that for months now and I think we may see it. Even Paul said as much the other day. At least that is how I interpret what he said.

I use to live not far from Old Newt, he sucked then and he sucks now.

Cheapdiesel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    I tell you she is wrong about one thing for sure she says that Romney has the McCain votes who just voted for him to stop Obama I did that and I will never do it again. I have not voted for a presidential candidate since I voted for Reagan. I will never again vote for a chuckle head just to prevent the other side from winning. If the republicans won't get good candidates I will cast my vote elsewhere!

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Well, in that scenario, she is talking about the Fall elections and in that case she is right. The majority of people who vote like that, will vote like that for Romney in the Fall. They will vote for most Republican nominees that way.

Hopefully Paul learns something from Jim Harbaugh, who was only a single, million dollar idiot away from the Superbowl using the exact same resources others failed with.

Paul should now run as the Anti-Newt, not the Anti-Romney. Santorum is an X factor that I don't think goes far west past the Mississippi river or south of the Allegheny. If Santorum drops, then there are three and that dynamic is huge.

Then Paul leverages his political capitol with Romney to gain something and that something is being in the final game....................and making damn sure Newt is out.

People here may not like Romney, but it is mostly for his views on Medical care and guns. Then comes the blue collar disdain for a man who has had success. When you compare the two Men, Romney and Paul have a lot in common. Other than the fact Paul can be called a career politician and has been in the system a lot longer than Romney and Romney has had more success in business in terms of money. Blending those two is not all that bad.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Look for some good Republican candidates in 2016 when they don't have to run against an incumbent.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Look for some good Republican candidates in 2016 when they don't have to run against an incumbent.

I LOOK for GOOD Republicans all the time. The problem is the media and the power factor of the Republican party won't let them come to the surface long enough. That was supposedly what the Tea Party was all about. But I guess all the fights last year wore them out. Don't hear much from them lately. Up here anyway.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    In 2016 SCOTUS will look like F'n Mars and it will be about who has more ammo, not good candidates or votes. If we have to tread water for 5 more years all I can say is buy more land, plant bigger gardens, build bigger walls. I assume you have enough ammo already?

I am doing the above. This time I am building with ICF.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Ann's credibility took a nosedive when she endorsed Mitt Romney and started going around saying that he is "by far the most conservative candidate." What a laugh. And that's after she got through promoting her first choice, gun-grabbing governor Chris Christie.

I thought she was supposed to be fighting against liberals, not campaigning for them. But I digress. Establishment is as Establishment does.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXvdJW1yeHg[/ame]

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    In 2016 SCOTUS will look like F'n Mars and it will be about who has more ammo, not good candidates or votes. If we have to tread water for 5 more years all I can say is buy more land, plant bigger gardens, build bigger walls. I assume you have enough ammo already?

I am doing the above. This time I am building with ICF.

If we lose one of our 5 on SCOTUS, I don't know what to expect. Part of me feels we may see the end of the Republic as we know it. I try not to think like Chicken Little but it is hard for me to foresee us keeping many gun rights with another couple of Obama appointees on the Court.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Ann's credibility took a nosedive when she endorsed Mitt Romney and started going around saying that he is "by far the most conservative candidate." What a laugh. And that's after she got through promoting her first choice, gun-grabbing governor Chris Christie.

I thought she was supposed to be fighting against liberals, not campaigning for them. But I digress. Establishment is as Establishment does.
    Just because she is wrong on something does not make her wrong on everything. As the saying goes, expert in something, not in everything. She does a great job on describing liberal mob mentallity. She is also blinded by Christie, in a BIG way.

Let it go Bone, read her book. It won't cost you anything but a little of your time, get it from the library.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    If we lose one of our 5 on SCOTUS, I don't know what to expect. Part of me feels we may see the end of the Republic as we know it. I try not to think like Chicken Little but it is hard for me to foresee us keeping many gun rights with another couple of Obama appointees on the Court.

History is filled with moments like these, rarely do we get to live through them ourselves.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Just because she is wrong on something does not make her wrong on everything. As the saying goes, expert in something, not in everything. She does a great job on describing liberal mob mentallity. She is also blinded by Christie, in a BIG way.

I have always liked Ann, primarily because she enrages the left. But her picks this past year (Christie and then Romney) have just driven me nuts.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Coulter does a great job for the conservative side. This has to be a big tent or it doesn't work. I don't agree with everything anyone does, not even his holiness Ron Paul.

We need someone who can be a thorn in the left's side with humor and derision. Until Coulter and now Dennis Miller came along, the left had all the players in that arena.

If your view of who is worthy is narrow, you consign yourself forever to the powerless minority.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Coulter is like a Fullback in an old School Nebraska Running Offense----she will kick your ass, you won't like it, she will do it again, you will say something about it, she will tell you to your face she is going to do it again and you can't stop her. Then she will do it again.

You get so focused on how much of a badass she is you go after her. Finally, you knock her on her ass and face first in the mud too. She gets up, tells you she is going to kick your ass again, then does it. You go nuts. You focus on her and try to beat the crap out of her every play. Big deal, the Tailback just scored a touchdown.

If she was in Nam, she would be on point every morning and call you a P***Y every night.

Every team needs a player or two like that. Politics, sports, business, all of them.

That is one Problem both Paul and Romney have and it makes Newt look even better, they don't know how to rip some A** when it needs to be ripped. It is not in their nature. Even Obama can get dirty verbally. I doubt he has ever had dirt or blood on his hands but he has a smart mouth.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Coulter does a great job for the conservative side. This has to be a big tent or it doesn't work. I don't agree with everything anyone does, not even his holiness Ron Paul.

We need someone who can be a thorn in the left's side with humor and derision. Until Coulter and now Dennis Miller came along, the left had all the players in that arena.

If your view of who is worthy is narrow, you consign yourself forever to the powerless minority.

I spent decades selling out my beliefs by pragmatically voting for the GOP, with the result ultimately being where we are today. I can't and won't sacrifice my beliefs any longer. If voting against MittNewt Rombama hastens our downfall so be it.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXvdJW1yeHg

I agree....completely. Mitt has a history of gun grabbing himself.

Top Bottom