• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TCI

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    If for some reason in the future the preemption law is overturned (not likely) then all the unenforceable laws still on the books would instantly be enforceable again. With them gone from the books the cities would have to legally get them passed again. Personally I think the preemption law should have included a clause that said city laws that are found to be illegal must be removed from the books when discovered or challenged.

Thanks! That makes sense.

It would be a complete nightmare for the feds to try to involve themselves in Colorado unless it was something on a major scale, and they had something to gain by doing so, or if it filled an agenda.

Agreed.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Can someone help me here? I learned about this before the news article. I was at the Fort Wayne Gun show last week, and I signed a petition for this cause. After that, I saw the news article. I understand that through all of this that the state law says we can carry at these parks, but the local law says we can't. Can't certain local laws take authority despite state law? The article mentions that people are getting in trouble. A lot of you are saying that the state law trumps this local law.

I don't have a lot of legal experience, but I was pondering Colorado law when writing my reply. In Colorado, Marijuana is legal. FEDERAL LAW says it's not. But STATE & LOCAL LAW says it is. In a lot of these cases, the state and local law is trumping the federal law. So with that said, couldn't Fort Wayne's local ordinance trump the state law?

I am just a little confused here.

You might want to look at this link.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/legislation-2nd-amendment/296082-preemption-law.html

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    E-mail from Hoosier Carry :rockwoot:

Thanks to your support Fort Wayne's Anti-Gun Ordinance has been repealed.

Because of your actions no law-abiding gun owner will again be stopped for carrying a firearm at Fort Wayne city parks or on its trails.

This outdated ordinance, which contradicted Indiana's firearms preemption law, was repealed because of the support of Hoosier Carry members like you.

It was your calls, emails, petitions, and donations that made this possible.

Thank you for all you've done in this fight.

In Liberty,

Michael Thomas

Top Bottom