• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Got all my BP loaded for lent! Going Dark Angel for this one, yehaww!! I gotta help Spoon River Sam and Joe Smucatelli smoke the place up with some good ole soot for them fine folks's lung problems over there.

martineast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Bedford
    Are there any Cowboy Action Shooting groups in the south/central part of the state. I live near Bedford/Bloomington and the closest SASS group I see on their website is in Lexington. Anyone know of a group closer to me than that?

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    Are there any Cowboy Action Shooting groups in the south/central part of the state. I live near Bedford/Bloomington and the closest SASS group I see on their website is in Lexington. Anyone know of a group closer to me than that?

Check out the first post in this thread; all the clubs in the state are listed there. Pine Ridge Regulators shoot in Brazil on the 3rd Saturday, and I we have folks know folks from Bloomington. Also, on the 2nd Saturday, the club in Canaan (Pleasant Valley Renegades) shoots.

Hope this helps..... Grizhicks

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    3rd weekend of the month:

Circle 'R' Cowboys (Saturday - Brookston)
    High Ground Regulators (Saturday - West Terra Haute)
    Pine Ridge Regulators (Saturday - Brazil)
    Wolff's Rowdy Rangers (Saturday - Bristol)

weather looks like a GREAT day for shootin' -- Grizhicks

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

I attended the shoot in Evansville (West Side Sportsmans Club is located in Evansville, IN at 1000 N Peerless Rd) last month and they had 60+ shooters. Nice facility and really friendly helpful cowboys and cowgirls there. I'm just getting into SASS and CAS myself and also live in the Bedford/Bloomington area. Still looking for a pair of Vaqueros for the right price in 45C, already have a rifle and a shotgun on the way. Still looking at reloading - about to pull the trigger on a single stage to get started.

The drive to Evansville isn't bad now that 69 is open. I drive around Crane and pick up 69S - there in about an hour and a half total.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    Flush Draw -- Sent something to mods to see about getting that 1st posted reopened. Hope you guys have a great shoot on Saturday. I'll be up for the blackpowder match, so see you on the 17th. Later, Grizhicks

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    We had a great match at the Pass! We had quite a few new shooters. Just like to thank Buck Henry for coming out and shooting his first match with us. He did very well and Im sure he had a great time. Appreciate all that came to enjoy the day. 66 shooters made up four posses. By the way scores are up on our website for anyone who would like to see them Thanks again.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for coming out Buck. Had a great time and we all sure hope you can come out regular. I'm thinkin that if ya want to keep beating me in long range your gonna have to buy a rifle. Beating me with my own gun is just not right........ LOL

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Made it down to Atlanta Indiana today. We had a great time! Saw some of my cowboy buds I aint seen in quite a while. Grizhicks pardner it was good to see ya. The best weather you could ask for too.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    After weeks of trying to come up with a used set of Vaqueros i finally ordered new ones. My guy is very reasonable, new set for about $1100 - they sell for right around that used all the time. You'd think they would have a lot of add-ons or smity work for that price, but that was not my experience. So, tired of waiting and trying to get a deal, I plunged in. My set will be in...oh, around a week or so. Looking at leather now. Can't wait to get started.

bigdaddy1427

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I really like the Kirkpatrick rigs. I have the Longhunter rig, and I think that it is great. The holsters are tilted a little away from the body, allowing easy access.
    I would talk to people before spending the dollars for the rig and the cross draw.
    One of the best duelist shooters in the Tri state area, Boss Outlaw, shoots double strong holsters.
    A lot of us started out cross draw, and then switched.
    The good thing about the Longhunter rig is that you can buy just the holster if you want to switch.
    I have a spare crossdraw holster that your are welcome to try until you make up your mind. It should fit on any 2 1/2 inch belt. I used it with my Longhunter rig when I first started.
    My alias is Wild Walt, and I shoot at Deer Creek, Wabash, and Paradise Pass if you would ever want to use it.
    Double Western leather gun holster and accessories - Long Hunter Rig LHS

Top Bottom