• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Are you Paradise Pass guys half crazy or half Eskimo??? See you shot on the 7th; had to be a bit on the cool side. ;)
    Now Griz you know its an addiction. My mustache and beard was turnin to icicles but we had the fire bowls burnin and the wind was layin low. Your just missin all the fun! Glad to see we have a few cowboys here on ingo!

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Cowboy Name: ol' poke

SASS #57567
    My Club : Circle R Cowboys in Brookston, IN

Regular Unofficial Category: Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter

Regular guns: 2 Uberti Hartford Artillery revolvers in 45 Colt.; Rossi 1892 in .44-40; Rossi Overland Muley SxS Shotgun. All loaded with LOTS of Goex FFg!

This is me! (thanks davepluimer.smugmug.com aka slow1911s!)

Circle-R__20130921_2906-M.jpg

ol' poke

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    resurrecting this thread has reminded me how I miss shooting with my buddy, bigdaddy 1427. I have a couple of 1860 colts and a Winchester rifle that I could load up with FFG and get out there with you guys.

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    Can't believe I missed this thread either.

Cowboy Name
    : Ya Big Tree

SASS, NCOWS, other: SASS 98240

Regular clubs: Wolff's Rowdy Rangers, Paradise Pass Regulators, Hidden Valley Cowboys

Regular category: 49er

Regular guns: Uberti 1875 Remington Outlaw; Uberti 1873 Winchester; Stoeger Coach Gun,

Anything else: Just started in May 2013. It's been a blast.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Michigan Slim here.
    Regular clubs: Paradise Pass Regulators, Wolff's Rowdy Rangers
    SASS #96345
    Catagory: CowboyRegular guns: Rossi 92, .44 mag. Ruger Blackhawks, .44 also. Remington Spartan 20 gauge double.

Got my daughter Emily (Kaya) started last year as a Buckarette. She is a SASS member too.
    Same clubs
    She uses my Vaquero's in .38, a Stoeger 20 double and a brand new Winchester 73 in .357.

We both love side matches, especially long range.

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    I am looking to get into this.

Do all division use 2 pistols? There is nothing I can shoot in with 1 pistol with a Belt/Holster set up for only 1 pistol?

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    I am looking to get into this.

Do all division use 2 pistols? There is nothing I can shoot in with 1 pistol with a Belt/Holster set up for only 1 pistol?

Buzzined -- While all official SASS classes use 2 pistols, you may find some clubs with an unofficial class of 'Working Cowboy'; which is just 1 pistol and a rifle. Also, NCOWS (which is a smaller national organization) does have 'Working Cowboy', but not sure where a club is fairly close to you.

Not sure of any club (SASS or NCOWS) near you, but check the thread "Cowboy Action Shooting" (it's a sticky). Find the club closest to you and go visit them; I'm sure they'll work with you.

Good Luck, Grizhicks/Greg

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    Buzzined -- While all official SASS classes use 2 pistols, you may find some clubs with an unofficial class of 'Working Cowboy'; which is just 1 pistol and a rifle. Also, NCOWS (which is a smaller national organization) does have 'Working Cowboy', but not sure where a club is fairly close to you.

Not sure of any club (SASS or NCOWS) near you, but check the thread "Cowboy Action Shooting" (it's a sticky). Find the club closest to you and go visit them; I'm sure they'll work with you.

Good Luck, Grizhicks/Greg

Thanks.

I did find a club on the SASS sight that is in Chesterton, which is pretty close, but they don't have a website. I emailed them just waiting to hear back with some info.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    We shoot NCOWS at Paradise Pass.
    Highly recommend you come to a couple of our monthly CAS matches and watch, ask questions and maybe even shoot a couple of stages. Heck we will strap holsters on ya, put guns in your hands and walk you through it.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I will walk you through. Always extra ammo in my cart. Ask for Slim. Now that my daughter is pretty much self sufficient I can spend some time with new shooters if they would like.

Ejohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Dublin, IN
    I've thought about it too. Might just have to search for a local club near Wayne County. Don't have any period-correct equipment, but it'll still be fun.
    My dad is SASS in Michigan, been doing it for years.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Not sure. The contest entries were due by the end of January so I figure around the end of February. They had quite a few entries I guess.

jamesb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My wife and I both shoot, last year being her first. We just moved to IN from PA where we shot at 2 clubs. We are in Middletown so we are going to check out ACC when the weather gets better but also looking for suggestions on clubs close by.

Cowboy Name
    : Big Whiskey Jim

SASS, NCOWS, other: SASS (#74667)

regular club: N/A

regular catagory: Cowboy or Frontiersman

regular guns:
    Cowboy: Colt SAA in 45 colt and Taylor's Schofield New Frontier Model 3 in 45 colt; Taylor's 1873 in 45 Colt; and a TOZ 66 SxS 12 ga, w/ 'mule ears'

Frontiersman: Uberti 1861 Colt Navy and Pietta 1851 Colt Navy both in 36 cal; Taylor's Armi Sport 1865 Spencer in 45 schofield; and a TOZ 66 SxS 12 ga, w/ 'mule ears'

Cowboy Name: Shotglass Lass

SASS, NCOWS, other: SASS (#96701)

regular club: N/A

regular catagory: Cowgirl

regular guns: a brace of Taylor's Smoke wagons in 357MAG; a Cody Conagher 1873 in 357MAG and a stoeger 12ga SxS coach gun

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    Big Whiskey Jim and Shotglass Lass,
    Since Selinoid44 didn't invite you I will, come visit us at Paradise Pass Regulators. Just head up 69 to 30 at Ft Wayne go west to Etna Green guessing a little over 2.5 hours for you. Visit our website www.paradisepassregulators.com best setup in the Midwest. There are places closer, but you won't find a better range or people.

Top Bottom