• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I am up for this if there's going to be another hunt please let me know. We had a wild dog problem in Tenn. When we had the farm, packs of 5 to 25 would attack and take our calves in the spring. So we always tried to thin them out in the winter. It seemed like they were easier to call in, I imagine because food gets scarce. I am guessing this would be a similar hunt. I always enjoyed it...JC

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i hunt coyotes alot but dont have tons of luck they are extreamly smart i have one hear the safty come off at 150-200 yds one time and run off before i could shoot im sure most are more susessful than i but i bag one 1 out of every 7-8 trips they are a great off season hunt

cdyptrsn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    angola
    Sailor, where do you hunt at in Stueben? I live here and dont know where to go hunt them. I would like to get into it though

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Ive hunted with a buddy and havent had a lot of luck. Do you guys have more luck at night with spotlight or in the wee huors of the morning? Use stands and how long do you stay put, are you active or stationary?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    my luckiest time is right at daybreak i will call and try to locate the coyotes while its still dark if i do i usually cut the distance roughly in halve and try calling for 30 minutes or so i think the biggest problem is call selection in late october you should use a female coyote howl to call cause its there maiting season in the dead of winter use a rabbit or some other source of food in the summer i usually use a pup in distress but i am by no means a expert i watch alot of randy anderson vidios and pick up what i can ive never had much luck at night getting a coyote to come in but its easy to get a answer also start your calling quiet and slowly work the volume up if the coyotes only 100 yds away is some brush you dont want to sound like a 500 pound rabbit i hope this helps but as i said before im no expert you might try a search for randy anderson to get some good info as well

schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    I'm up for some Coyote hunting. I have a decent place here in Delaware county that I have taken several out of.

Last month I was deer hunting and ended up getting a coyote with my bow. I was more excited than if I would have got a deer. Not to oftem you can get a coyote with a bow

pokey308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    New Palestine, IN
    im goin out tonight on my buddy's fair, this will be attempt number 3 to call some in. last time we got some responses from like a pack of 5 but they didnt come in close enough :( but im feeling lucky tonight.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I'm up for some Coyote hunting. I have a decent place here in Delaware county that I have taken several out of.

Last month I was deer hunting and ended up getting a coyote with my bow. I was more excited than if I would have got a deer. Not to oftem you can get a coyote with a bow

CONGRATS ON THE BOW KILL SCHWAKY IVE TRIED TO KILL ONE WITH A BOW AND ACRUALLY GOT TO FULL DRAW ONCE AND I SHOT AND IT JUMPED THE STRING THOSE ANIMALS SENCES ARE INCREADIBLE

schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    CONGRATS ON THE BOW KILL SCHWAKY IVE TRIED TO KILL ONE WITH A BOW AND ACRUALLY GOT TO FULL DRAW ONCE AND I SHOT AND IT JUMPED THE STRING THOSE ANIMALS SENCES ARE INCREADIBLE

Yea they are. All the years I have been hunting I see all kinds of animales but rarely see any Coyotes. Unless you are tracking them down, most of the time they avoid you.

Yea I was happy enough that I called it a day and didn't even finish deer hunting.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    One uncle of mine that lives a couple miles outside of Alexandria has been telling me for a while that he's been having a small pack of 3-4 traveling up and down the creek that borders his property. He'd like them taken care of. He's even been baiting them on a regular basis with old hamburger. I asked them when he sees them, he says normally first light in the morning. So I'm gonna try to get a couple buddies out there in the morning sometime soon and see if we can't get them for him. I hear them around here regularly during the summer, but haven't much here lately.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    not to threadjack TOO much...but are there a lot of coyotes down in Brown County?

Yes. Road kill deer is good bait. Once they find it, it will be gone in a day or two at most. Normally one or more will even hang around all day during the day to keep an eye on the bounty.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I heard you can use anything short of a howitzer to shoot coyotes with...
    No limit, no season...
    Might wanna check on that for sure, though...

Thought process in full gear with this flashing through my head....

Captain look... 5 yotes sneaking up in force

He reaches over and grabs a field radio:

Echo Charlie Baker, yotes approaching outer ring of firebase preparing for attack....grid coordinates 115813, fire for effect, I repeat fire for effect.

:ar15::ar15::ar15:

Top Bottom