• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AF92venger

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    NE of Indy, but not too far!
    Instead of posting everything other than pics in the Coyote Pictures Thread, go ahead and post All those things in here.

• guns you use?
    • guns you recommend?
    • best way to call them in?
    • best call to use?
    • best time to hunt them?
    • public lands to hunt them?
    • etc......................????
    Thank you all for your time! I am going to ask Fenway or someone to change over those other posts from the Coyote Pictures and put them in here.

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    R15

Anyone have any experience with the remington r15? Dicks has a pretty good price on one, and I really don't "need" it, but it's a thought. Just wondered about the accuracy of them.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Thread jack! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    No idea on the r15 start a new thread. To the OP I was hoping other had chimed in because I was wondering this myself.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    I think the best rifle calibers are: 22-250, 204 Ruger, or 223. If you do much calling you will find that a 12 guage Shotgun with 4's or 2's will kill you just as many.

If you are just getting started, google "varmint al's" and he has a lot of helpful tips on calling and even describes how to make your own caller. Lots of good information.

I like to call after a good snow or before a big front moves in. Morning or late afternoon are my favorite times. I thought this cold snap might have them hungry and on hte move, but made a few stands Saturday with no luck.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i use a rem 700 7mm rem mag with 110 gr v max bullets chronoed at roughly 3300fps

its not the best coyote gun made but it works. as far as calls i use a cheapo electronic (i think it was 20 bucks from bass pro) and it doesn't work, or im doing somthing wrong wich is a strong possibility as ive had good calls that didn't work either. im hunting a great place. i hunt my farm and kill quite a few every year off my porch so i know its not the hunting spots fault. my guess is its not the calls fault

Chondro788

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    SE Indianapolis
    I've yet to hunt them in Atterbury, but I hear them all the time when hunting deer. Waiting for a good snow, I want to go out at night to try and call some in. :dunno:

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    Instead of posting everything other than pics in the Coyote Pictures Thread, go ahead and post All those things in here.

• guns you use? ar15, mosin 91/30, ruger 10/22, saiga 7.62x39 (depends on the mood i am in and if i want to keep the hide)
    • guns you recommend? whatever gun you want to use (there are no firearm restrictions)
    • best way to call them in? close reed calls or remote electronic calls
    • best call to use? foxpro
    • best time to hunt them? winter late night or early morning
    • public lands to hunt them? atterbury, wilbur wright fwa
    • etc......................???? what else you want to know?

pokey308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    New Palestine, IN
    Gun: Savage 111 .243 loaded with 70gr nosler ballistic tips, so to be adding some brand of 204

Gun Recomendation: Whatever you chose. All depends on if you want a mess or a nice clean fur friendly kill

Ways To Call In: E-caller, mouth call, bait pile

Best Call: Depends on preferce. If you go e-caller Foxpro all the way. Mouth calls any open reed call

Best Time To Hunt: Any really. Just depends on how they are moving that day

Public Lands: Most of them allow you to. Just try to stay out of them durning deer season. Cause with predator hunting concelment is key so no hunter orange and that last thing you wanna do is making some animal sound with trigger happy weekend worriers out for a trophy.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Anyone have any experience with the remington r15? Dicks has a pretty good price on one, and I really don't "need" it, but it's a thought. Just wondered about the accuracy of them.

I've got one and it is awesome. I've got a Nikon Coyote Special scope on it in matching camo, and it shoots 3/4" groups at 100 yards, consistently, with good quality factory ammo, such as Black Hills, and it shoots 1 inch groups consistently with cheaper ammo, such as PMC.

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I've got one and it is awesome. I've got a Nikon Coyote Special scope on it in matching camo, and it shoots 3/4" groups at 100 yards, consistently, with good quality factory ammo, such as Black Hills, and it shoots 1 inch groups consistently with cheaper ammo, such as PMC.

Awesome! That's what I was hoping to hear. I am kinda torn at this point between that or one of the new model seven predator in 243. It's also in full camo and you can get it in a combo with the nikon predator scope already on it. I've got a "pretty" a bolt in 243, but it's almost too nice for coyotes so I was thinking about replacing it. How do you like the predator scope? When I am not using my abolt, I use a model 700 lvsf in 17 Remington usually loaded with thirty grain Berger varmint bullets. They do an awesome job, very accurate. Happy hunting

Top Bottom