• ...and so much more!
  • kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    alpha male coyote

Check my avatar. Called him in along with two others. Shot him with my model 7 Remington using Vmax 55 gr topped with a Leupold 4-12. He had been grazed by a bullet or barbed wire fence previouly as he had a huge scar across his back. I live in Brown County and we always have plenty of opportunity for coyote shooting. They seem to get my chickens from time to time. Good shooting.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Last I was aware "varmits" were legal year round, any equipment, any time of day, no limit, IF you are on your own property or private property with permission. If you're not trapping coyotes, they're varmits.

I just looked at the DNr regs for this season but can't find it, if anyone can show me where they changed it, please let me know!

And...
    Anyone had any luck with coyotes around Jennings county? We haven't heard many in deer season the last 2 or 3 years...

According to the 2010-2011 Hunting & Trapping Reg.

Indiana Hunting Season
    Coyote......Oct. 15, 2010 - March 15, 2011 No Limit

So when you guys take coyotes out of season for being destructive, are you required to have written permission from the land owner? Also, are you required to have a hunting license when the "season" is in?

jimbojr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    SE MI
    Gut shot?
    I belive that if you are going to kill something at least be humane about it.
    Spend some more time at the range. Oh maybe that was what you were doing? Just my :twocents:.

Last edited:

kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    The Avatar picture was shot last year in February but I am the landowner and have the right to take varmints out of season if they are destroying property or livestock. I've lost many chickens over the years to coons, hawks, owls, coyote, and domestic dogs. I don't usually shoot the birds of prey but have fired on them to drive them off. Heck I've even had a mink in the hen house one night. We also have a bobcat but they stay away- back in the woods. Bobcat are protected in Indiana and one cannot shoot them even if they are taking your livestock. I pride myself in taking only humane clean kill shots on the varmints and game animals.

Written permission from landowners is required to take varmints and one need a valid Indiana hunting license (small game). Good shooting

Top Bottom