coyotes killed last weekend (warning graphic pics)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I can remember dad taking us out in the woods at night(which was wildly different in that all of our shooting had been done during daylight), to hunt coyotes. Had the flashlights, with the lens covered with red celophane, taped to the forestock of our 12s.

Sitting in the cold and not feeling it due to proper layering(I will say, boots have always been, and continue to be, the weakest link in the attire in respect to keeping the feet warm. Although maybe not, they never went black and fell off...).

Finding some cover to blend in with the shadows. Waiting for an eternity for the woods to forget your presence(Note to self: if you hear something approach and never hear it leave, it is still there. Out wait, out live...). Then the scream of the distressed rabbit call... Aggghhhh....

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    2013-01-06_09-08-33_752_zps12f9d7fb.jpg

Dang!!!

36fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    I had on in my backyard a couple of years ago, right after we moved into our house. I grabbed a rifle went upstairs and took a shot at him while he was trotting away. Missed. a few feet later he stopped and gave me another shot. This time he spun and dropped. When I went out there, couldn't find an entry or exit wound, but the pressure had blown out his eye, and his skull was ... mushy. Then I realized the bullet entered through his ear!

The rifle was a .357 Marlin 1894c, and I was using 180 gr XTPs, at a range of ~60 yds. I guess they've got hard heads.

I ended up killing four within about 6 months, and one was with my bow.

jtmason15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 23, 2012
    Grant County
    That is awesome. Way to go. Keep on doing what your doing. We use to hunt them at a buddies farm because they kept trying to kill all of their calves. Needless to say they didn't come along for very long.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Just a bit of info on the coyote.
    They are the #1 carrier of k-9 distemper , they carrie mange and many other nasty diseases that can and will be transfered to domestic animals.
    They feast on domestic dogs and cats and have been know to kill humans when given the chance.
    They will kill live stock such as sheep , goat , cows , chickens and many others.
    They overpopluate to uncontrollable numbers in many location through out the United States.
    The kill red fox and reduce their numbers to almost nothing in many areas. like the area I live and hunt.
    They are just about as bad as the cockroach!

Sure I like to listen to them but I also like to see red fox and other wildlife that the coyote thinned to the point that almost none exsist in certain areas.

They also devour turkey, rabbits, deer and other wild game that many of us rely on to feed our family.

rlmx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    So what do you do with the carcass when you are finished? Also, what are the pelts worth?

Last edited:

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    So what do you do with the carcass when you are finished? Also, what are the pelts worth?

hide prices very depending on the condition of the fur etc.
    I dispose of the carcass in a proper manner

If anyone is in "it" for the money than I suggest they stay home and take up knitting it's cheaper;)

Top Bottom