Coyotes seemed to disappear (Northern Indiana)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SicSTi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Anyone seen coyotes lately in NW or NE Indiana? We have 60 acres in Valparaiso and all of deer season didn't see or hear a single coyote. Was thinking about doing a couple sits down at Roush Lake as I live in Fort Wayne. Called their main office and was BS'n with the lady on the phone. She informed me that not one coyote has been taken at Roush in the last 4 months.

If anyone knows of a place, public wise or if you just want a hunting partner, to tag some coyotes let me know. Gonna be a boring post-deer season I guess...

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Really? This is strange.
    I've seen and heard them here around Bloomington.
    WTHR did a story on them the other day (attacking dogs in back yard in Indy suburbs)

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I have seen at least a half dozen road kills this winter. I don't think I have seen that many total in the last 10 years.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We saw and heard them during deer season. I haven't seen any on our trail cameras and haven't seen tracks for a while now. We got one during deer season and have heard of some trapped in our area, but that's it.

We are east of Valpo near Knox.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Anyone seen coyotes lately in NW or NE Indiana? We have 60 acres in Valparaiso and all of deer season didn't see or hear a single coyote. Was thinking about doing a couple sits down at Roush Lake as I live in Fort Wayne. Called their main office and was BS'n with the lady on the phone. She informed me that not one coyote has been taken at Roush in the last 4 months.

If anyone knows of a place, public wise or if you just want a hunting partner, to tag some coyotes let me know. Gonna be a boring post-deer season I guess...
    I've got enough to loan you what you need. I'm just sw of Columbus

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington

I call BS. I know for a fact that coyote were taken at roush, and the surrounding area. My stepdad also got a few in his traps that he sets.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Southeast of Columbia City/southwest of Fort Wayne we have hundreds in the many wooded areas. So many and so loud you can hear them over the TV some nights. The neighbor said she sees them in our yard on her way to work at dawn.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    there's also wolves between Columbia City and Larwell. I had to brake hard for deer one night then 20 seconds later....braked for 2 wolves!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    there's also wolves between Columbia City and Larwell. I had to brake hard for deer one night then 20 seconds later....braked for 2 wolves!!!

Are you sure they were Wolves.
    I ask because a good friend has a lot of land north of Coldwater Mi. that we sometimes hunt Coyote on. He swears there are Wolves up there.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I was driving a Kia Rio home from working in Fort Wayne....so low to the ground. The deer, of course filled the windshield. The wolves were the same level and they had muscle mass on the upper portion of the legs. I could see the wolves legs above the hood line. I've never seen a coyote stand that tall, plus I've never seen a coyote chase healthy adult deer like that.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom