• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Hey everyone-I just wanted to say I was in Anderson, IN for a funeral.
    Ended up stopping by a little hole in the wall gun shop called Crack Shot.

Some of the nicest people I have ever met! :rockwoot:
    For such a small place these guys where just awesome, had a few firearms of interest for me, and at least I got to "Play" with a couple of them.
    Wife said no buying-so I behaved.

They had the new Taurus Judge, "Public Defender"-a cut down version of the full size judge. (Always been interested in the Judge)

Anyways, just wanted to give them some props for being very courtious and friendly.

zky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    :+1:for Crack Shot guns in Anderson.

I was looking for a distributor only 10/22 that I couldn't find anywhere in Indy. I had to call the distributor to get a recommendation on a local shop. They sent me to Crack Shot.

I talked to Mike late last week, and today I picked up the gun in his store. Exactly what I wanted, and at a reasonable price. Thanks Mike.

fpdcop

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Madison County
    :yesway::+1: I deal with Mike several times a month. He is one of the nicesest in the business. His shop is smaller than alot of shops but he is very knowledgable and takes the time to talk to and educate his customers.:yesway:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Hey everyone-I just wanted to say I was in Anderson, IN for a funeral.
    Ended up stopping by a little hole in the wall gun shop called Crack Shot.

Some of the nicest people I have ever met! :rockwoot:
    For such a small place these guys where just awesome, had a few firearms of interest for me, and at least I got to "Play" with a couple of them.
    Wife said no buying-so I behaved.

They had the new Taurus Judge, "Public Defender"-a cut down version of the full size judge. (Always been interested in the Judge)

Anyways, just wanted to give them some props for being very courtious and friendly.

Do you see!?! Some recent posters would do well to take notice of things like this. :twocents:

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Mike's helpers at Crack Shot.

Nice thing about Mike and his ego; he doesn't mind hiring guys who are smarter than he is!! Especially 2 LEO-types, in there from time to time, that carry nice concealed guns in a way that makes me feel guilty for not havin the same knack. +1 for Mike. Pat.

hunter46140

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Yea, Mike is great. He is one of the best guys I've talked to about guns. If you're honest with him about what you are looking for and are gonna do with the gun he will guide you on the right direction. I can go in there anytime and tell him what I am looking for and he knows me good enough to ask the right questions to get exactly what I want!!! Great guy, great shop!!!

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    I was completely ignored until I asked if I could see something, Suddenly it was all eyes on me. And not the annoying kind like at a car dealership, really helpful.

I liked it :)

shadow shooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Anderson
    :+1:for mike here also! i have bought a couple guns from him and will continue to do so. he actually got my wife to purchase a M&P from there and spent the time with her to explain any and all questions she had as well as some saftey instructions and shooting tips. got her a gun and i didnt get a divorce giving her the same info. got to like that!!! Thanks Mike

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I was completely ignored until I asked if I could see something, Suddenly it was all eyes on me. And not the annoying kind like at a car dealership, really helpful.

I liked it :)

That is how mike operates. He does not mind you looking and he is not going to pressure you into anything, Laid back until asked then answers correctly when asked.

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    +1 on Crack Shot. Reasonable prices, good service...he's even given me a decent price on a trade-in, which is pretty rare. Best price I've found on 7.62x39 ammo, too. The only disadvantage is that I always come out smelling like cigarette smoke, so my wife can tell that I've been there!

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    I agree with above sentiments. Very helpful staff who are attentive when asked for assistance, but leave you to browse the inventory without hovering. Very pleasant and respectful service!

rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    +1

I have to agree with all the post above. I use to stop in more often than I have of late, but he is very knowledgeable and doesn't feed you any lines. He fixed a couple of minor issues on some guns I had for me....a 10/22 receiver/trigger problem, and put a new site on a shotgun for me. Cost like $25 bucks or something. Prices are so-so, obviously can't compete with the high volume shops, but not as high as alot of small shops.

Todd

ckmil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Greenfield
    Not a very big place, but the guy behind the counter is nice and will answer any question. It's kind of cool to walk into a place and the guy behind the counter is smoking because that never happens anymore.

shadow shooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Anderson
    Mike got me again just went in to take a look shoot the **** and kill some time walked out with a new LCP! good price great service! thanks again mike

iwas1ncthr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2011
    Anderson
    I will only spend my $$$ at Crackshot period. Keep local business going! When you get treated the way Mike treats you as a friend, not a customer and the fact that he never talks down to you although some have called him the ObiWan of firearms, he earned not only my business but also my respect, trust and friendship. Not sure about high prices either, every gun I have bought from him has been a great deal and I have never felt that I have overpaid for anything. Try asking Mike what he charges for some of his services and then call 20 locals in Indiana and compare prices....He cannot be beat and if there is anyone who can, I would doubt they have the knowhow and experiance that Mike does. I've only lived here in Indiana since March of 2011 and I have been that impressed with this business.

Sean

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    I agree with the above post... Mike is great and treats everyone as a friend and will go out of his way to help you with any needs. It's nice having such a great shop so close, I've never noticed prices out of line he might be a few bucks more than a big box store but his service more than makes up for it plus it would cost me more than 5 bucks to drive to Indy.

gunrunr76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    ft. wayne
    good to hear mike is still there...i used to live around there...i gave him some dollars....the white jesus statue always cracked me up a lil...god and guns....does he still have the duck phone....first time i was in there i heard quackquackquack and he picked up the duck phone....yup priceless....there was another gun shop in anderson that was cool too dont remember the guys name but it was a decent selection....more hunting than black rifle

Top Bottom