• deltaecho

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I have no idea what this means.

In regards to CC and OC:

CC is a no-brainer and should absolutely be permitted.
    OC is not so easily justified. If you're not someone whose job mandates OC, you risk alarming the public. If someone with criminal intent sees you OCing, they know to incapacitate or rob you of your weapon first.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    In regards to CC and OC:

CC is a no-brainer and should absolutely be permitted.
    OC is not so easily justified. If you're not someone whose job mandates OC, you risk alarming the public. If someone with criminal intent sees you OCing, they know to incapacitate or rob you of your weapon first.

You're obviously not a student of the legislative, judicial, criminal or societal history of carry methods.

You've reversed the need for justification and fabricated your own modern excuses in lieu of historically accepted norms. Carrying unconcealed has always been considered defensive in nature and required no justification. Concealment was considered to be offensive in nature and required further justification.

MPD742

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2014
    Grant County
    The great state of Indiana gives us our choice but I have no plans to demonstrate like some have chosen to do as a group with long guns. Demonstrations to prove a point are unnecessary and hurts the cause more than it helps.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The great state of Indiana gives us our choice but I have no plans to demonstrate like some have chosen to do as a group with long guns. Demonstrations to prove a point are unnecessary and hurts the cause more than it helps.

Indiana gives us nothing. Indiana infringes upon the right to carry a handgun by requiring the purchase of a license.

Long gun carry would be the only way to exercise the right to bear arms in this state rather than the conditional privilege of bearing a handgun.

I'm not sure what "cause" it would harm to demonstrate that point, but probably not one I'm terribly interested in helping.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Here's one you guys missed from the second paragraph:

The fact that these protests kicked off just days after America's latest horrific shooting spree may have something to do with the angry backlash these guys experienced

That "fact" is a lie. OCT has been carrying rifles for at least a year. It's only been recently that the moms have developed incontinence about it.

Of course, now that it's been in print somewhere, I'm sure some of our resident anti-liberty types will begin parroting it without bothering to fact-check...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This was where he lost me
    But Texas gun owners don't have the right to carry their loaded handguns openly, like a cowboy. That's not a problem for most people. I've owned guns and lived in Texas for most of my adult life, and I've met very few gun owners who felt bummed that they couldn't stroll down the street with a six-gun on their hip.
    I believe that in fact that is the only way they can carry openly, with an actual or replica pre 1899 cap and ball revolver.

Top Bottom