Not open for further replies.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    boy you'all got the big stick out on the guy.....i don't see what so bad about it?.....it's a free service.....i don't see the "tacky" part ever one is givin' him.....i don't see it as sellin' anything his just offerin'....:twocents:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    boy you'all got the big stick out on the guy.....i don't see what so bad about it?.....it's a free service.....i don't see the "tacky" part ever one is givin' him.....i don't see it as sellin' anything his just offerin'....:twocents:

If you advertise on behalf of a company that you're affiliated with, but you fail to disclose that affiliation, it's called "astroturfing". It's dishonest because there's a bias that you're not letting people in on. Furthermore, the service that he's advertising is in direct competition to a service that INGO provides. This is not necessarily a problem and we're happy to have him here, but we'd like our members to know that he's advertising and not simply talking about a new site he "just discovered".

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    "astroturfing".....thought that's what pro football players get when the slide on the turf?....i guess i need a new dictionary!!!!....lol....didn't know there was such a thing?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    "astroturfing".....thought that's what pro football players get when the slide on the turf?....i guess i need a new dictionary!!!!....lol....didn't know there was such a thing?

It's a consequence of the "anonymous internet", when someone can post an ad disguised as a testimonial and it happens with incredible frequency. There are whole advertising companies built around this concept for commercial and political campaigns. Surely you've heard of "viral videos" that turn out to be ads for an upcoming movie? Those don't become viral on accident.

Again, I'm not saying VGOF's presence is a bad thing or that he's not welcome. But if he's advertising his company, we expect him to abide by our advertising rules, just like everyone else.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    It's a consequence of the "anonymous internet", when someone can post an ad disguised as a testimonial and it happens with incredible frequency. There are whole advertising companies built around this concept for commercial and political campaigns. Surely you've heard of "viral videos" that turn out to be ads for an upcoming movie? Those don't become viral on accident.

i thought that was "spam"?......great site here i have learned other things than guns!!!....thanks Scutter...

VGOF

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Scutter - I wasn't trying to be sneaky, or I certainly wouldn't have come here as "VGOF" - I would have come here as JoeSchmuckitelli and pretended to have "just discovered" the site.

Either way - I'm not trying to compete, as there is no discussion forum at GunDeals.org - Buy, Sell or Trade your Guns Locally - it's only a free place to post or buy guns locally in addition to the B/S/T posting that you do here at INGO.

I'm not out to ruffle any feathers. :-/ My apologies for those who have been ruffled.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I'd have to agree on his excuse about being logged in as VGOF. Although to be just as fair, the guy who started the thread only has 18 posts. Meh...Who knows.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    OK, both sides have made their respective points.... can we just move on??

Move on to what? GunDeals.org - Buy, Sell or Trade your Guns Locally?

The whole topic of the thread is GunDeals.org - Buy, Sell or Trade your Guns Locally.

I mean, what else is there to say about GunDeals.org - Buy, Sell or Trade your Guns Locally?

I hadn't even heard of GunDeals.org - Buy, Sell or Trade your Guns Locally before I saw it here on INGO.

Note: In the spirit of full disclosure, while I am not personally affiliated with GunDeals.org - Buy, Sell or Trade your Guns Locally, my mad astroturfing skills are always available for the right price.

:whistle:

Additional fine print: Ask your doctor if GunDeals.org - Buy, Sell or Trade your Guns Locally may be right for you.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Move on to what? GunDeals.org - Buy, Sell or Trade your Guns Locally?

The whole topic of the thread is GunDeals.org - Buy, Sell or Trade your Guns Locally.

I mean, what else is there to say about GunDeals.org - Buy, Sell or Trade your Guns Locally?

I hadn't even heard of GunDeals.org - Buy, Sell or Trade your Guns Locally before I saw it here on INGO.

Note: In the spirit of full disclosure, while I am not personally affiliated with GunDeals.org - Buy, Sell or Trade your Guns Locally,

Additional fine print: Ask your doctor if GunDeals.org - Buy, Sell or Trade your Guns Locally may be right for you.

Im sorry, who were you talking about again? :laugh:

my mad astroturfing skills are always available for the right price.

:whistle:

I though astroturfing was like Teboying, or Faith Hilling. Or maybe even Talyor Swifting. Man do I have my lions crossed.

VGOF

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Moving on... only 14 ads to go until the 100th ad which will receive a prize. Don't double-post or try to get to the 100th by cheating or I'll give it to the next person in line :)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Again, I'm not saying VGOF's presence is a bad thing or that he's not welcome. But if he's advertising his company, we expect him to abide by our advertising rules, just like everyone else.

Just to reiterate, we really do require that you become an Advertiser if you're going to advertise your sites on INGO.

Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom