• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    Just a reminder to be safe when using craigslist or any add service that puts you into contact with people you don't know.

(CNN) -- Four suspects have been charged with first-degree murder in connection with a home invasion that began with an ad on Craigslist, Washington state authorities said Friday.
    Three of the suspects were arrested on May 1. A fourth suspect, Clabon Terrel Berniard, 23, turned himself in Thursday, police said. Berniard and the others are accused of killing a man on April 28 in Edgewood, a city outside Tacoma. They are charged with first-degree murder, robbery and assault.
    The case began when James Sanders and his wife posted an ad on Craigslist offering a diamond ring for $1,050, said Pierce County Prosecutor Mark Lindquist. Sanders arranged to meet prospective buyers of the ring at the family's home, the prosecutor said.
    "Two people show up and act like a couple looking for a ring for the mother-in-law," Lindquist said. But once they entered the house, he said, the man posing as the husband pulled out a handgun.
    The victim, his wife, and their sons, ages 14 and 10, were restrained with plastic handcuffs, Lindquist said. Two other suspects then entered the home. One pistol-whipped the older son, he said.
    Sanders broke out of his restraints and attempted to defend the 14-year-old, and was shot three times, the prosecutor said.
    "While this is going on," Lindquist said, "other bad guys are kicking Mom in the head while she's lying on the floor."

The three suspects arrested in May were caught in California after a traffic stop. They have been identified as Kiyoshi A. Higashi, 22, of Tacoma; Joshua N. Reese, 20, also from Tacoma; and Amanda C. Knight, 21, from Sumner.
    Knight posted bail in California and subsequently surrendered to authorities in Sumner on Tuesday, authorities said. She pleaded not guilty at her arraignment. Her bail was set at $2 million.
    Higashi, Reese and Berniard are expected to be arraigned next week.
    The killing came a year after a medical student in Boston, Massachusetts, was charged with killing a woman who advertised a massage service on Craigslist.

Craigslist diamond ad leads to deadly home invasion, police say - CNN.com

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    One of those things: Do not do a FTF at your home. A bit sketchy... I even drive around a little bit around the local area to make sure no one is following me home (paranoid, but still...)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    One of those things: Do not do a FTF at your home. A bit sketchy... I even drive around a little bit around the local area to make sure no one is following me home (paranoid, but still...)

Probably depends on what the item for sale is. Between my fish tank, child car restraint, and saddle, I wasn't too worried about looky-loos with ulterior motives. It helps that they can't see diddly from my front door.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    People are just getting more blazen all the time. I'm always on the alert. or at least try to be. Good post....

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I just sold a baby swing on Craigslist. Right in my driveway.

The people that pulled up were in a Honda Element with Grateful Dead stickers in the window, and the chick was so pregnant she was about to pop. I thought for sure she was going to baby rattle-whip me and steal the baby swing while her husband was chatting about the Subaru in my driveway. Not to worry though, I had a Glock 23 on my right, an M&P40 on my left, a Ruger LCP in the back pocket, and my tactical pocket knife in my front pocket. I made sure I had 4 magazines full of Gold Dots for each weapon, and the video camera was set in the kitchen window recording the entire transaction, unbeknown to them.

I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I was darned lucky to come out of there intact with my $80.00

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana

The people that pulled up were in a Honda Element with Grateful Dead stickers in the window, and the chick was so pregnant she was about to pop. I thought for sure she was going to baby rattle-whip me and steal the baby swing while her husband was chatting about the Subaru in my driveway. Not to worry though, I had a Glock 23 on my right, an M&P40 on my left, a Ruger LCP in the back pocket, and my tactical pocket knife in my front pocket. I made sure I had 4 magazines full of Gold Dots for each weapon, and the video camera was set in the kitchen window recording the entire transaction, unbeknown to them.

360 doing the deal...

Just leave the 80 bucks on the curb...
    2954894473_fae566003d.jpg

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    No, I had on combat boots with Kevlar inserts, and tactical laces. That dude has on sneakers.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    You have to meet FTF somewhere public.

And, you best keep a boomstick close.

Fo sho.

If I were to put those two criteria in order of importance, I'd keep it how you said it.

Public, public, public.

If you aren't doing anything wrong, there's nothing to hide; keep that :poop: PUBLIC.

This story saddens me. A Father gets shot down and killed trying to protect his son.

One can only hope they all get charged with Murder 1.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne

Now THAT is what I call fully prepared! :draw: :rockwoot: Did you leave the :welcome: mat out, or take it in first? Just curious. ;)

BTW, where was your :ar15:? :cool:

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Some things it's possible to take elsewhere, others not so much. I have a Ford Expedition I am trying to sell, since it isn't running they have to come to the house to see it.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    I do a proper search of facebook, myspace and google with the people's email addresses and usually come up with their profiles so I can check them out a little first. I need to find the guys email I looked up the other day went to a profile of a "thug" looking dude pointing a gun at the camera. And his "nickname" wish I could remember it but I'm pretty sure it had murda in it...

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    the media loves it when they can say anything to badmouth craigslist, they could have just as easily said "online add" but they want to make cragsilist sound like its a bunch of criminals, sheisters and murderers on there so that you will pay for their advertising instead of using craigslists free advertising. it all comes down to common sense.

Top Bottom