• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    From a psychological standpoint it adds to the negative stigma the anti's like to associate with guns. To someone new to guns it supports the "this is dirty" or "bad" feeling they get buying a gun when you have to change your typical payment method.

Hit the nail on the head! I think this is the intent more than anything else. This is the 'Rules for Radicals' approach - isolate your opponent.

Further, I suspect that they know that this appeals to the understandably sensitive supporters of 2A. We complain, they accuse us of paranoia, the isolation continues. It's insidious.

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've written a check or two for guns but it's always cash. Online with accessories or parts is a different story though. Sad day we are living in, I'd have to agree with what you are saying though Doc, they are trying to "demonize" it for sure.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Intuit QuickBooks Severs Ties with Gunsite Academy, Reverses Tens of Thousands in Credit Card Charges. Because Guns - The Truth About Guns

The software company informed Gunsite that they were immediately ceasing all business with them. Why? Because they sell and promote firearms.At first blush this was frustrating news, but Gunsite figured it could be handled. Then the other shoe dropped: in addition to cutting business ties with Gunsite, QuickBooks/Intuit refused to release the money from credit card charges currently in process from sales that had already made.
    This amounts to tens of thousands of dollars from not only purchases made

Still not seeing a problem?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited:

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Intuit Strikes Again, Holds $150,000 of Lone Wolf Distributors' Money - The Truth About Guns

$150k held this time...

I closed my Mint account and on the "why did you close" question, I laid out that their lack of integrity in these dealings caused me to lose trust that they should hold information related to my finances. I'll go back to Quicken (which Intuit spun off years ago) and pay for the service vs a free Mint account.

Just saw this on The Truth About Guns.

I have been using TurboTax since 2001. I guess I will need to look somewhere else. I have heard that the H&R Block program is also pretty good. Anyone know their stance on servicing firearms related businesses?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    YUP! If they want to they should be allowed to, its their business! They should be allowed to do what ever they want within the law. On that note , I should make it a point to know who I conduct business with and how they handle themselves.

That is the traditional conservative position employed concerning FB, Goo, big banks, and their like. However a new position must be considered, when a monopoly takes control they must be reigned in by the people. There is no competitive reason for CC companies to track gun sales, it is just social control they are engaging in to virtue signal about.

brentlacy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2018
    Rockville
    Is the NRA big enough to start a credit union and issue credit cards?

Would be super handy if there were a 2A friendly alternative to PayPal. You cannot buy at ecommerce Gun dealers with paypal, but you can pay for an NRA subscription with it.
    You can also go places like Raise.com and purchase gift cards at a ~10-15% discount for places like cabela's, etc allowing you to get even more savings on sales. All paypal or your CC company would see is the transaction to the place you purchased the gift cards from. It's an extra step, but the savings seem to be worth it.

Top Bottom