• ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    ​"CASH IS KING"

10-4 on that! I use a card for hotels because I have to and to buy gas because it's convenient. Cash is used for all else. Learn how to discreetly convert your holdings to cash in smaller sums and forget plastic and store tracking cards.

#MeToo

Hotels (because I have to). Gas (because then I do not have to interact with people I prefer not to). Online (for stuff I can't find locally).

NEVER for guns and ammo. Other than a few 4473 forms there are not any other records of my gun/ammo purchases. I prefer the anonymity to saving a few dollars buying online.

This is getting out of control! Remember the book 1984 by George Orwell? It’s getting close to being reality. Ouch!

How timely, just started rereading 1984 yesterday.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Always cash for guns. I have a debit card but not a credit card. Got my self in CC trouble when I was younger and decided that I would not do it again.

Just be aware that using a debit card can be a back door for a thief to empty your account, and you have minimal recourse. Use a debit card for the ATM only.

Understand that you want to stay out of credit card debt, but a credit card offers far better protection from fraud and more recourse if it occurs.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Just be aware that using a debit card can be a back door for a thief to empty your account, and you have minimal recourse. Use a debit card for the ATM only.

Understand that you want to stay out of credit card debt, but a credit card offers far better protection from fraud and more recourse if it occurs.

That's not exactly true about debit cards. Mine got jacked a few months back, had my money back in about an hour. Just keep your eyes on your balance at all times.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Maybe they didn't notice that trump won and "operation choke-point" is history?

It's bad enough that they're scheming to withold credit in order to infringe on the exercise of a Constitutionally recognized right, but collect data on people and their guns??? That should get them prosecuted or sued at least--a class action suit by 100 million gun owners. That might rearrange some boards-of-directors

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    This sounds like a good idea. It's a well-known fact that most criminals buy their guns at retail shops using credit cards issued in their name - I swear to god it is. Should make it much easier to track these folks.

It looks to me like the antis have realized that they are losing in the courts and are now focusing on the cultural component. Anything you can do to make it a slight bit harder to get into firearms, means someone who was on the fence will decide it's not worth the bother, means there's one fewer gun older. Stigmatize the ownership and the market, make pariahs of those who deal with the industry, eventually you'll get terminal mass and it'll be the "norm" to be anti or neutral. Long term, if the gun culture dies then so do gun rights.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    From a psychological standpoint it adds to the negative stigma the anti's like to associate with guns. To someone new to guns it supports the "this is dirty" or "bad" feeling they get buying a gun when you have to change your typical payment method.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sometime back I remember a high profile government official discussing what needed to be done to eliminate private ownership of firearms. His game plan was to make pariahs out of us all using the same methods by which smokers had been stigmatized. I see this as similar to the ground game being waged against us today.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The gun store can simply list the sale as "Sporting Goods" for example.
    I had a gun shop several years ago that always did this.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Sometime back I remember a high profile government official discussing what needed to be done to eliminate private ownership of firearms. His game plan was to make pariahs out of us all using the same methods by which smokers had been stigmatized. I see this as similar to the ground game being waged against us today.

It's exactly what's happening. It's even easier today with how simple it is to whip up a furor from nothing using social media and astroturfing.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    That would be Eric "I'm the big piece of **** responsible for the death of Brian Terry" Holder.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I had bacon, grits, and eggs for breakfast, but couldn't remember if it was Holder or Ron Brown.

Top Bottom