• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    We just bought our house last year, if we really hit it hard we could have it paid off in 5 years.

The amount of wealth the average american makes vs what it actually costs to live is HUGE, we just suck at managing it IMO.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Nobody likes living the austerity plan when they can live relatively comfortable with manageable debt loads. We as Americans have always strived to have the best of everything when we really don't need it or can afford it. It is that philosphy that has gotten us where we are as a nation today. Scale back, grow your own food, and save money and try to live debt free. It will change your whole outlook on things.

fangz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    North Side
    Good credit and debt free when possible, but sometimes the ability to establish a line of credit is a very important prep.

trgore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    South West Indy
    debt free is the best way to be of course. I am not a big fan of money in the bank.In the event of Economic collapse are you really going to be able to get the money out of the bank? Food,water,seeds,and hygiene will be worth more then money. you cant eat money sure you can buy food with money (if you can find it ) We really don't know for sure what will happen so we must ultimately do what we feel is right and hope for the best.

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Lol, all this talk of being debt free, able to "walk away" at any time, and I'm looking to establish a line of credit. I've lived without a credit card, and without debt for my entire life (28 now).

I pay my $100 yearly insurance for my motorcycle in FULL, grow and forrage for my food (I've learned wild plants, lemme tell you-theres a LOT of food just growing around), and recently I've started prepping. I'd probably say I've been prepping for a year, but since I dont have much money, I've prepped with knowledge as I know thats something no one can take from me. I've learned about all the knowledge I can to be INdependent rather dependent upon any system of support (grocery chains, etc..) as I believe in a financial collapse, that's what will matter, and that is how true freedom is achieved-through independence/self-sufficiency. Unfortunately being homeless in national forests is illegal, and being a nomad with a long rifle & bow would land you in jail w/your items confiscated or just the latter, so I'll have to be a minimum wage slave until collapse which I'm actually looking forward to.

I've also wondered what the ramifications would be if one were to get a credit card, buy lots of silver/gold, receive the actual items, then just "walk away"; or if perhaps one were to do the same, except manage the debt until financial collapse. Either way I imagine if one went into debt buying silver/gold, and inflation/hyperinflation hit, you could pay off your debt for possibly 1 or 2 ounces of silver or gold, as the amount you owe wont increase, just the "value" of everything else except the dollars in your pocket. It would appear through the history of the US, wages dont increase with inflation; I believe this is by design of the system to destroy the middle class. Perhaps the plan is keep wages low, people go in debt, inflation hits, people make "less" than what they should and cant pay off the astronomical amounts of debt, banks get the items anyways.

As someone else posted, if you dont have enough funds (gold/silver/cash/liquid assets) to pay the kings tax, you'll loose your house anyways, as you never actually OWN land. So I could see if someone went into debt to purchase silver/gold, received the tangible assets, and either managed the debt or took the money and run to another country to disappear; unless you disappeared off-grid deep in the jungles of Beliz conducting your trades in cash/barter only, I imagine the system would find & fine you some-how some-way. Unless it was a rather large sum of money you "stole" from the "poor victimized bankers", I would think only the system would seek you out, not government directly, unless the country you escaped to was buddy-buddy w/the US/Global Banker Cabal.... And I wonder why I cant get a credit card for the life of me.

BTW I'm single, fit, healthy (actually healthy, not "healthy"), and would love nothing better than to live among the native "primitive" people in South America, Africa, or my personal favorite Bouganville!... ya I could do it.

vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    Khazik - Good thoughts, and good for you living the style you do! I think it's very responsible at your age to think and act that way. I guess I have come to the reality that I have a lot of debt, and the "pipe dream" that the guy in the video is selling probably will never happen. :( But...hey......if it does? Hoorah!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom