• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    Just wanted to say a few words about the Keystone sporting arms Davey Cricket youth rifle. This is a well built nice quality .22 rifle built for young shooter or a smaller framed adult. It is very accurate and the peep sight is a joy to use. I bought this one for my 5 yr old son and he can hold, aim, and fire the rifle by himself with good results. I shot it a few time and accuracy is top notch. If your wanting to get a kid into shooting and your looking for a quality rifle with great safety features this is your rifle. Right at $100 it wont break the bank but honestly I think your getting a much nicer rifle than the $100 price tag might suggest. The youth is the future of this sport and training them well and early on they will hold that info for the rest of the life. If your in the market for a youth rifle, don't over look the cricket. you don"t know what you could be missing.

154856_10200314021400371_901822989_n.jpg

My Son Kayden (the little Guy) with his new Cricket Rifle and his Cousin Karson

fyver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Just wanted to say a few words about the Keystone sporting arms Davey Cricket youth rifle. This is a well built nice quality .22 rifle built for young shooter or a smaller framed adult. It is very accurate and the peep sight is a joy to use. I bought this one for my 5 yr old son and he can hold, aim, and fire the rifle by himself with good results. I shot it a few time and accuracy is top notch. If your wanting to get a kid into shooting and your looking for a quality rifle with great safety features this is your rifle. Right at $100 it wont break the bank but honestly I think your getting a much nicer rifle than the $100 price tag might suggest. The youth is the future of this sport and training them well and early on they will hold that info for the rest of the life. If your in the market for a youth rifle, don't over look the cricket. you don"t know what you could be missing.

154856_10200314021400371_901822989_n.jpg

My Son Kayden (the little Guy) with his new Cricket Rifle and his Cousin Karson

Way to teach them young! :yesway:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Agreed, I bought one for the kids I shoot with. After round 5 the trigger broke. I called Keystone and they said to send it back and they will replace it.

I told them I had already threaded the barrel for my suppressor and didnt want the gun replaced. I ask if they would just send me the parts and Id do it. They had no problem with that and sent the parts out the same day.

The only thing they ask for was a pic of the rifle with the suppressor on it:D apparently threading a cricket for shooting suppressed is not that popular, even though I know of 2 just on ingo:dunno:

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    Agree with OP! We bought one for our son for his 7th Christmas. I also bought the scope mount for it, but didn't allow him a scope until I was satisfied with his proficiency on the irons! Summertime, when He was 9, I installed the scope mount. ($40 for the scope mount seemed salty, since the rifle was only $100!) I didn't want to go buy a scope, so it got the bushnell 3-9 cheapy that came on one of my other rifles. He was shooting a golfball at 50 yards, by the end of the first afternoon! He's 12 now, and has outgrown that one, but we have 3 more kids that'll learn with this great little rifle!
    530115_426845440692548_1732460553_n.jpg

Mayhem7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Plainfield
    They are nice, I got a pink one from buds guns pretty cheap for my 4 yr old daughter, got a couple thousand rounds of that aguila super calibri primer based 22 ammo and we shoot it out back and it's very quite and that ammo is some pretty good stuff.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    This rifle is a fantastic value and damn accurate!

Miss Miguel and Miguel Jr. learned to shoot on it. Lil' Miss Miguel and Mini Miguel will learn this summer. Now if Mrs. Miguel would loosen up and come to the range with us...she is a work in progress. :D

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Was out at my dad's to meet eldest daughter, her soldier bf and my grandson, who, of course, brought his cricket. After a little .223 fun we got the cricket out, and Bub SLAYED some old paint cans I'd set up. Good job, Bub! His mother says I'm probably in trouble with Karma now, since I was calling him Barney as he loaded his single bullet. :) I couldn't help it. He loves his rifle, and is very proficient with it.

ricochet22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Pssst, over here
    Nice, my son got a cricket from his uncle when he was 8. It was a New England Firearms break barrel type. He loves it. Big fan of this type of gun for the kiddos, plenty of time to think and discuss what they are doing between shots instead of just going blam, blam, blam

Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point
    I was about to buy my daughter a cricket last year, but the guy running the shop said that they where not a very good rifle. instead i bought her a Marlin model 15YS. It is a great rifle and she was having a blast shooting it with me. I read some things about cricket and have considered getting one to turn into a pack rifle. Might have to keep my eye out for one.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I got a good deal (I hope) on a pink savage .22 for my daughter since the Moss. Plinkster was still a bit too long for her to handle comfortably. I'm planning to give it a quick run through in the next few days. I think a bolt action .22 is the way to go when they've graduated from nerf/airsoft/bb. :)

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    A few days ago I bought a KSA Chipmunk youth rifle from another member, for my 10 year old grand daughter. I put a Millett red dot on it, and she loves her little rifle. I spent 3 hours with her Monday, teaching her gun safety and rifle basics. I think the KSA youth rifles are good quality and great for teaching young children to shoot.

Dave

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    BTW, if you build a steel buttplate for it and teach your kids how the other end can rock too....

Well, let's say you can bring out the inner warrior in any kid!

8490393961_d4d6b33d2d_o.png

The watermelons split with a "CRACK" that day.

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    I was about to buy my daughter a cricket last year, but the guy running the shop said that they where not a very good rifle. instead i bought her a Marlin model 15YS. It is a great rifle and she was having a blast shooting it with me. I read some things about cricket and have considered getting one to turn into a pack rifle. Might have to keep my eye out for one.

I was told the same thing and ended up with a T/C Hotshot for my boy. Awesome gun. If anyone looking for a cricket auburn Walmart has two of them. Black and pink

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    I would love to buy a used cricket for myself. I think it would be just the ticket for frog gigging with 22 shot shells. Cheap enough that I wouldn't have to worry about it getting wet or scratched up.

I have tried shooting them with my Mark III, but the 5.5" barrel will not hold a pattern past a foot or so. Rifle length barrel is a must.

chibicascade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I have been looking into these for my cousin. How do you guys think this compares to the savage rascal?
    Also, I talked to my gun store owner and he suggested the thompson hot shot.

Top Bottom