• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TN_Mike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    The backside of nowhere
    I was out driving to Mooresville today and heard Crime Beat on WIBC with Carl Brizzi. His guest today was Don Davis of "Don"s Guns". I was listening to this show for the first time as I have not lived here in Indiana for long.

All I can say is, is this Don guy serious? Is he really a FFL holder and a Gun Store owner? He sounds like a complete moron to me. First, he said at least 20 times that a Glock is the most dangerous gun for anyone to carry and that they are crap. Second I almost choked when he equated a permit to carry with a drivers license. That got me so fired up I actually called the show and got on and tried to ask him about it but he completely dodged the question. I told him that driving is a privilege and that owning and carrying a gun is a RIGHT guaranteed in the constitution and one does not need training or a permit to exercise a RIGHT like the first Amendment right of free speech or the second either!
    He launched into something completely unrelated to what I said and asked and ended up by saying that Glocks are crap and the most dangerous gun in the world. When I said that was crap they hung up and my call was over.

This Don guy is an idiot and I find myself now wanting to go to his shop just to tell him that he is no friend of the Second Amendment and I have serious reservations about Carl Brizzi as a prosecutor since he seemed to agree with everything that this moron Don said.

My God, I swear, I can not move back to Tennessee fast enough. That guy would never make it in the South. He's be out of business and then run out of town faster than he could imagine.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I was out driving to Mooresville today and heard Crime Beat on WIBC with Carl Brizzi. His guest today was Don Davis of "Don"s Guns". I was listening to this show for the first time as I have not lived here in Indiana for long.

All I can say is, is this Don guy serious? Is he really a FFL holder and a Gun Store owner? He sounds like a complete moron to me. First, he said at least 20 times that a Glock is the most dangerous gun for anyone to carry and that they are crap. Second I almost choked when he equated a permit to carry with a drivers license. That got me so fired up I actually called the show and got on and tried to ask him about it but he completely dodged the question. I told him that driving is a privilege and that owning and carrying a gun is a RIGHT guaranteed in the constitution and one does not need training or a permit to exercise a RIGHT like the first Amendment right of free speech or the second either!
    He launched into something completely unrelated to what I said and asked and ended up by saying that Glocks are crap and the most dangerous gun in the world. When I said that was crap they hung up and my call was over.

This Don guy is an idiot and I find myself now wanting to go to his shop just to tell him that he is no friend of the Second Amendment and I have serious reservations about Carl Brizzi as a prosecutor since he seemed to agree with everything that this moron Don said.

My God, I swear, I can not move back to Tennessee fast enough. That guy would never make it in the South. He's be out of business and then run out of town faster than he could imagine.

His business is catering to thugs and low life scum bags.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    If you are new to Indiana and this forum you will learn quickly that Don is not well liked. No reason for you to visit his store.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    IIRC Dons was in the top 10 shops for selling guns that are used in crimes. He was all for Brady and only think a few should be allowed to own guns. Yet he has made A LOT OF MONEY from guns!!! Brought all of his Trucking Union practices to the gun business.

Want2ShootMore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Marion
    Don the Pimp is a dirtbag. Shame on Carl Brizzi for even entertaining the idea of having him on his show, let alone, actually giving him airtime.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I can say that if you have a pair of breasts and work as a waitress don is a good tipper...(old girlfriend waited on don all the time and he always hit on her)

I think that is Old DONS only positive contribution to the Indianapolis market.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I was watching Fox 59 news, this morning, and Brad Ellsworth, was at Don's guns, talking about his support for legal law abiding citizens right to keep and bear arms... NRA supports him, and some sherrif's assn...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    That guy would never make it in the South. He's be out of business and then run out of town faster than he could imagine.
    Ummm, yeah, first:

1. Don is a joke and we all know it. He is only around as he became anti-gun after he sold his interest in the business and became a minority partner in the business. The media can always turn to him in need of an anti-gun quote from a "gun dealer".

Ferret Face knows that Don will not ask any embarrassing questions as Don has plenty of dirt in his past.

2. Don't get us started on the jokers the South has.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I Brizzi wanted to have a real authoritive guest on his show, he could have chosen from dozens of other shop owners, range officers, or business owners like those on here.
    Instead he chose a cartoon character. Somebody the his listeners knew about already. Brizzi is all about bu$ine$$, and less about having informed listeners.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Yeah, Don is a Joker. He admitted on the show he has made plenty of money in his lifetime. He could go away now and still live happily ever after (as we would too). For years he said he just loved selling guns....

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I almost choked when he equated a permit to carry with a drivers license. That got me so fired up I actually called the show and got on and tried to ask him about it but he completely dodged the question. I told him that driving is a privilege and that owning and carrying a gun is a RIGHT guaranteed in the constitution and one does not need training or a permit to exercise a RIGHT like the first Amendment right of free speech or the second either!

Agreed.. The Second Amendment is a right and one DOES NOT need training to exercise that right. Although, MANY SHOULD have training before they should be allowed to carry because there are one too many dumb(insert word here) in this state that don't know the slightest thing about possessing/carrying a firearm and only have one because "It's the cool thing to have".

And second... IN MY OPINION, I strongly believe everyone SHOULD have the right to possess a gun (in their residence) for protection of themselves and their family (if needed). But a permit MUST/SHOULD be issued for you to carry a handgun in public. I feel safer knowing Mr. Joeblow with a piece attatched to his side for the world to see "Most Likely" has had a crinimanl background check and is a good moral character.

Although it is an Amendment, I believe there still needs to be a set of rules set aside to only allow certain individuals the right to bear arms. Unlike the 1st Amendment (right to free speech), the 2nd Amendment could kill someone if the government allows anyone & everyone to bear arms.

I watched a protest the other evening (from another unknown state) where a man said, "The right to bear arms is our Second Amendment right, and one should not need a permit to carry a firearm". I say, BS! People are lazy. How hard is it to go to your local PD, fill out a simple form and mail it in as proof that you are a good person and should have the right to carry a firearm. It's not that we are stopping one from their Second Amendment right, it's that we ask you to prove to the government you can be trusted to carry a firearm (therefore getting a crinimal background check).

Now back on topic... Don is a douchbag (Nothing more to say). Did he mention why he believes Glocks are the most dangerous guns out there? I have carried one for awhile now and it has yet to jump out of my holster and go chasing after someone down the street on its own.

TN_Mike :+1: for calling in and voicing your opinion!

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    Quoted from Militarypol21: And second... IN MY OPINION, I strongly believe everyone SHOULD have the right to possess a gun (in their residence) for protection of themselves and their family (if needed). But a permit MUST/SHOULD be issued for you to carry a handgun in public. I feel safer knowing Mr. Joeblow with a piece attatched to his side for the world to see "Most Likely" has had a crinimanl background check and is a good moral character.

Although it is an Amendment, I believe there still needs to be a set of rules set aside to only allow certain individuals the right to bear arms. Unlike the 1st Amendment (right to free speech), the 2nd Amendment could kill someone if the government allows anyone & everyone to bear arms.

I watched a protest the other evening (from another unknown state) where a man said, "The right to bear arms is our Second Amendment right, and one should not need a permit to carry a firearm". I say, BS! People are lazy. How hard is it to go to your local PD, fill out a simple form and mail it in as proof that you are a good person and should have the right to carry a firearm. It's not that we are stopping one from their Second Amendment right, it's that we ask you to prove to the government you can be trusted to carry a firearm (therefore getting a crinimal background check).

In some ways I see where you are coming from but I think at the end of the day you are a bit off base. If we say there must be qualifications to the second amendment then we could say the same regarding the first and so on. People who misuse the 1st Amendment can get people killed too by the way. Whether it is liked or not, a right is a right. I have said many times folks ought to have a permit before they are allowed reproduce. It's a joke obviously because folks are born with the right to reproduce. This is the way I feel regarding the right to carry as well. American Citizens are born with this right. I agree everyone should have training and not everyone should carry, but it is a right.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I happened to catch the show and what a farce! I didn't listen long enough to hear if anyone asked, " why do so many people get shot IN your store? "

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    The Democrat party in general and people like Brad Ellsworth use Don because the average Joe does not know Don or what he is really about. They only see the façade of Don as a gun store owner endorsing Democrats.

Its just smoke and mirrors to woo the sheep into believing that the Democrat party is not a threat to our second amendment rights. No one that has any real connection to the shooting sports is taken in by Don's Guns. Unfortunately the sheep believe (usually without question) what they are told on the boob tube. Ignorance is bliss until it bites you square in the ass...

Little or no love for Don on this forum.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    The Democrat party in general and people like Brad Ellsworth use Don because the average Joe does not know Don or what he is really about. They only see the façade of Don as a gun store owner endorsing Democrats.

Its just smoke and mirrors to woo the sheep into believing that the Democrat party is not a threat to our second amendment rights. No one that has any real connection to the shooting sports is taken in by Don's Guns. Unfortunately the sheep believe (usually without question) what they are told on the boob tube. Ignorance is bliss until it bites you square in the ass... END QUOTE

Sadly, I could not agree with you more. To add to what you say, most people don't get even after the facts are presented in bold black and white.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    He was on there a couple of months ago, also. Every time I hear him speak, I throw up in my mouth a little bit. Last time he stated that he thinks that you should have to prove that you need a LTCH to a review panel in order get one. He doesn't think that most people need to carry a gun.

I used to like Brizzy, but as time goes on, he is showing his true colors. First shady deals with defense attys, Now cozying up to douchebags like Don. Brizzy is also a statist. He proports to be a libertarian, until he can pass a law that makes his job easier at the expense of your freedom. Last time Don was on, he was advocating that an assult rifle registry so that he knows who owns all of the "assult rifles" in the state, so that he can help stop crime. Kept talking about the $80 SKS's you can buy. Tell me where those are, I want one.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    He was on there a couple of months ago, also. Every time I hear him speak, I throw up in my mouth a little bit. Last time he stated that he thinks that you should have to prove that you need a LTCH to a review panel in order get one. He doesn't think that most people need to carry a gun.

Very odd stance for a gun store owner to take imo

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Criminals, Liberals, Lunatics, Oppressors, Dictators and those that have a special place in hell reserved are all for Gun Control. Now which category do you think Old Don falls into?

Top Bottom