• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    So, I'm minding my own business driving to Haughville to repair an A/C. After I turned south on Coldsprings Rd from 38th St, I notice a white pickup pulled off to the side on the 65 overpass. Next I see a girl being held from behind struggling and screaming. The guy puts his arm around her neck and starts dragging her to the edge of the overpass.

So, as any guy would do in my situation, I floored it and got the heck out of there... J/J I slammed my brakes and pulled the nose of my truck off behind his truck. He let go and ran to his truck and took off. I call 911 and let them deal with chasing the guy, then I wait an hour to give my information and statement to the Police.

Another car stopped as well and I applaud their bravery as they were all very slender unarmed men, whereas I was CC and am a large guy.

I left the whole incident with a overwhelming thought on my mind of a simple "thanks" would have been nice.

Also, kudos to Marion College Police, my truck is stickered up with firearms decals and I was not asked if I was armed!

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    You did the right thing. Way to go! Just one thing, how do you know the other guys were unarmed?
    They said they didn't have anything but garden tools if things had come to a confrontation. They also commented on the fact that they were happy to see I was a big guy when they jumped out of their car, I never alerted anyone that I was armed, no need for it.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    They said they didn't have anything but garden tools if things had come to a confrontation. They also commented on the fact that they were happy to see I was a big guy when they jumped out of their car, I never alerted anyone that I was armed, no need for it.

Hopefully this will bring the idea of the need to be armed to light for those men. Luck favors the prepared! Again, :+1: to you!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Male fights off vicious female carjacker, then gets jumped by her big HVAC repairman friend... ;)

Seriously, did you figure out what was going on? Domestic?

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Male fights off vicious female carjacker, then gets jumped by her big HVAC repairman friend... ;)

Seriously, did you figure out what was going on? Domestic?

She said it was her x-bf but that doesn't mean it was, he was in his late 40's and poor looking, she was early 20's and expensive clothes. Experience tells me she was lying about who he was and it was likely either a girl taking a ride from a stranger (not really likely, and why would you lie about it) or a "personal business transaction" gone wrong. Working girl is my guess.

To link her and I together, you would have to be the White House Press Sec lol. 240lb redneck, red beard + cowboy boots and a 110lb black female don't usually go hand in hand!

Last edited:

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Eh, whether she realizes it or not, you did a good thing.

Always puts a smile on my face to see folks helping complete strangers. I see it now and then and it gives me hope there's some decent folks out there. I bet those other guys that stopped feel the same way.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Way to go! It is surprising how many people don't have enough courtesy to simply say thank you, although in this case maybe she can be excused as she was probably a little shook up. Perhaps today she wishes she could say it to you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lots of crazy down the street from you for many years CM.

Yeah, it is like a Cancer spreading out from the inner city. Some decent enough folks just trying to live coming out here but then there are the freaking Zombies. They are without morals/honor/respect for others.

Top Bottom