• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • emrock32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    FW IN
    Well 3 weeks ago friday night (well 1:20 saturday morning) I get off work and aproach my house a little after 1. Now i live in a mid-class neighborhood so when i saw a black male dressed as a "ganster G" in my backyard i was wondering what he was doing there. I got out of my car and turned my brights on to see him. I asked what the **** are you doing in my backyard as he mumbled and started to walk towards me hopping over the fence. I took a couple steps back and asked again. He then tried to attack me and he wrestled me to the ground and then i blacked out from hitting my head on the ground. I woke up with him on top of me throwing punches so i quickly started to wrestle his arms so he could not strike me. About a week earlier i had found a fixed blade knife with a sheath(CRKT Stif Kiss) that i carried under my shirt for opening boxes mainly. When this came into my mind i quickly pulled it out and stabbed him the closest place I could which was to the left of his abs. He still wasn't completely off me so i grabbed it again and threw it into another spot into his stomach. He slowly got up and began to flee as i crawled to my car to cover my head that was gushing blood out the back from when i bounced it on the ground. I called my brother who was sleeping inside to get the gun and he came out as the perpetrator was climbing over the fence an acre away. So good news is that he got away before getting shot and ive had to take vicodin since for my head and recieved 5 staples to sow my head shut. But if they do find him, i want my knife back that you ran off with in your stomach. Since then I've heard a man in Indy went to the hospital later the next night with cuts to his stomach and apparently he put in quik-clot. Even tho the knife caused internal bleeding lol.

I had carried my brothers P22 around on my hip after that night but since then it has been replaced with a SCCY CPX-1 all black that rides at 4 o clock. Its a nice conceal gun since i'm not that big but i thinking about buying a glock for car and home protection.

I'm glad I still have more days to be with my family now.

My name is Mark and I am 19 5.7ish" and 150lbs and I beat off an attacker that weighed probably almost double what I did. Keep smoking that crack ******!

/rant

edit: apparently it doesn't show that I live in Fort Wayne. HOOSIERS!!!

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Get some training. Get your LTCH. Carry a gun, knife. Be careful because the guy might be back since you got the best of him. Did you call the cops after the attack? Good luck and stay safe.

emrock32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    FW IN
    Permit is on the way (i dont carry away from home unless at the range or work and its privately owned and i can carry there). I will definately be looking into more training and im thinking about getting involved (again lol) with the Marines. I never thought i'd have to pull a gun or a knife on someone in my lifetime but im glad i was prepared. The cops were there, yes. About 15 squad cars came haha and one ambulance for me but since i didn't have insurance, i didn't accept medical until my brother forced me to since he could see my skull. Luckily i recieved crime insurnace and paid for a 2400$ bill... If that ever happens again tho I think im just gunna stay in my car with my gun in my hand (once i receive the permit of course) and call 911 instead of being a moron and confronting him. I'm glad I came out on top.

emrock32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    FW IN
    Careful you are still illegally carrying. You can not transport a pistol to and from anywhere except place of purchase to your residence or in for service with a FFL. If you get stopped you are technically in the wrong if you get a LEO who has had a bad day or is a stickler and knows the transport laws (seems some don't because I have gotten different answers from everyone I know) you are going to have a very bad day and possibly screw yourself on ever getting your LTCH.

Glad your OK now just make yourself familiar with Indiana law so you will better be able to protect you and your family.

well thanks for that info since i was told by 3 other people that as long as it was in the trunk(or not within reach of owner but i keep it in the trunk), unloaded, and in a case that it was legal. I will definately check more into that before i bring it along again.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just a note here. . . .

Permit is on the way (i dont carry away from home unless at the range or work and its privately owned and i can carry there).

You actually cannot legally take your gun to a shooting range without an LTCH. Although the chances of it being an issue are slim to none, it is still illegal. You also cannot carry from home to work, and work to home. The law stipulates a "fixed place of business", meaning a shop keeper can keep a gun on the premises without an LTCH if he chooses.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    well thanks for that info since i was told by 3 other people that as long as it was in the trunk(or not within reach of owner but i keep it in the trunk), unloaded, and in a case that it was legal. I will definately check more into that before i bring it along again.

Be careful about what "other people say". They will not be the ones that go to jail & I'm sure they won't help w/ the cost of the legal fees. The will also not be the ones who have the record for carrying w/o a license that will follow you for the rest of your life. May not be a felony (1st offense) but it can be used for denying an LTC in the future (including the one that is on the way).

Once you do get your LTC, know where you can & CAN'T carry, too (schools, states that don't honor IN LTC, etc.).

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Am I the only one that finds this story a little strange? Did you call the police to report the assault on you and you stabbing the guy? You heard a guy went to a hospital in Indy for stab wounds, but the incident occurred in Ft. Wayne? You are admitting on an internet forum that you are now carrying a handgun illegally without a permit? Any links to a news story about it? My inquiring mind wants to know.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Tell me you called the police and reported the assault on your person. You used lethal force in defense of your life and given your story were justified in doing so, but at the same time you did use lethal force. As a result you had better have crossed every T and dotted every I.

You cut someone and you had better have the law involved before you find yourself in jail. Get the interview over while you are still bloody from your attacker. And a lawyer should also be there to represent your interests.

Otherwise the guy can still hurt you, and hurt you bad - all with one phone call and a few lies. Considering you left your knife in his gut, he has all the evidence he needs to ruin your life.

Congrats on surviving what could have been your funeral. Now make sure to take steps to survive what could have been your indictment.

And believe me, I am on your side. It is too bad you did not have a more effective form of self protection that could have left you better off and him more effectively stopped. Hopefully there will never be a next time, but if there is I hope you will not arrive at the gunfight with a knife.

Welcome to the forum!

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Am I the only one that finds this story a little strange? Did you call the police to report the assault on you and you stabbing the guy? You heard a guy went to a hospital in Indy for stab wounds, but the incident occurred in Ft. Wayne? You are admitting on an internet forum that you are now carrying a handgun illegally without a permit? Any links to a news story about it? My inquiring mind wants to know.

He said back on page one that approx. 15 cop cars responded. I'm not so sure that he admitted to anything illegal. He never said anything about transporting between work and home and he certainly could have it transported there or to the range by a permit holder. As long as the permit holder transports it and remains with him at the range, I don't believe there are any legal issues. I would also be interested in any news links.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Agreed. But taking it as true, there are a lot of questions to answer.

I'm always willing to extend the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps its nothing more than an internet post written by a jazzed up 19-year-old.

The overall post construction is the red flag for me. The "give me back my knife in your stomach" part where he speaks directly to the attacker (as if he were an INGOer) is a bit odd.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Permit is on the way (i dont carry away from home unless at the range or work and its privately owned and i can carry there). I will definately be looking into more training and im thinking about getting involved (again lol) with the Marines. I never thought i'd have to pull a gun or a knife on someone in my lifetime but im glad i was prepared. The cops were there, yes. About 15 squad cars came haha and one ambulance for me but since i didn't have insurance, i didn't accept medical until my brother forced me to since he could see my skull. Luckily i recieved crime insurnace and paid for a 2400$ bill... If that ever happens again tho I think im just gunna stay in my car with my gun in my hand (once i receive the permit of course) and call 911 instead of being a moron and confronting him. I'm glad I came out on top.

For those wondering if it was reported.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    yeah guys, read the other posts.

Missed it the first time! Good, all is where it needs to be there. Bases covered.

Funny, this is one case where a trunk gun would have potentially worked. Usually a trunk gun is considered a non-option short of SHTF, but in this case he could have deployed one before he hit the lights.

In the end, he lived and that is success level #1.

OP, are you looking at any continued injuries?

Top Bottom