• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    He's a cheap bastard if that's all they're getting.

CrossFit Games Prize Purse Grows to $2.2 Million Dollars | CrossFit Games

Individual - Overall
    • First place: $275,000
    • Second place: $90,000
    • Third place: $60,000
    • Fourth place: $40,000
    • Fifth through eighth place: $25,000, $23,000, $21,000 and $19,000, respectively
    • Ninth through 20th place: $17,000, $15,000, $14,000, $13,000, $12,000, $11,000, $10,000, $9,000, $8,000, $7,000, $6,000 and $5,000, respectively
    Individual - By Event

• First place: $3,000
    • Second place: $2,000
    • Third place: $1,000
    For the Team Division, CrossFit added $20,000 for first, $15,000 for second and $10,000 for third through fifth.
    Team - Overall

• First place: $70,000
    • Second place: $45,000
    • Third place: $25,000
    • Fourth place: $20,000
    • Fifth place: $15,000
    CrossFit handsomely rewards its 10 divisions of Masters competitors, as well. Each of the 10 Masters champions goes home with $10,000.
    Masters - Overall
    First place: $10,000
    Second place: $5,000
    Third place: $3,000

The CrossFit Games always has and always will reward men and women equally.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Always wondered what would happen if some real pro-athletes showed up for these cross fit games. If you look at it right now, they mostly seem like fit people who can't make a real pro sport. Throw someone like Lebron James, Adrian peterson, etc... in there, and these cross fit people would get annihilated. And the prize purse is starting to get high enough that maybe we'll see some of that in the near future.

Cummins513

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2016
    Lowell
    Always wondered what would happen if some real pro-athletes showed up for these cross fit games. If you look at it right now, they mostly seem like fit people who can't make a real pro sport. Throw someone like Lebron James, Adrian peterson, etc... in there, and these cross fit people would get annihilated. And the prize purse is starting to get high enough that maybe we'll see some of that in the near future.

There are quite a few D1 college athletes that compete.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

Good gravy, don't you realize these dudes ARE professional athletes? It's a new sport. I would LOVE to see Lebron give it a shot. Have him do the Murph for time in a 20# weight vest. 1 mile run, 100 pull ups, 200 push ups, 300 squats, then a mile run to end it.

Lebron would get CRUSHED by these dudes.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'd also add that this competition is open to one and all. You just do the few "open" workouts, submit your time, make the cut to regionals. Then show up to regionals, do well there, and you're in the finals. WAY more accessible to people than any other sport. Except maybe the PGA open events.

CrossFit includes strength and endurance. There are swimming events, rowing, climbing, sprinting, lifting, sit ups, handstand walking, etc. Take top3 NFL guys against top3 CrossFit guys in a crossfit games challenge and the NFL dudes would be absolutely humiliated.

Cummins513

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2016
    Lowell
    I never understood the bad reputation Crossfit gets. People work out, some use bad form and get injured but that happens will all forms of exercise. At least people are getting off the couch and moving. There is no reason for America to have the obesity rate that it does, so to shame someone that does Crossfit because its not body building is a joke.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Spoken like a true cult believer. These cross fit guys would get completely squashed by the top NFL guys. The combine results from some of those guys is insane. Heck, just look at the people in cross fit and the people in the NFL. Cross fit is still in it's infancy, and is dominated by yuppies that couldn't make it anywhere else. That's not to say they aren't great athletes. But they just aren't to the level of some of the top NFL guys. And I do think it's a good thing that people are getting off the couch, so more power to it. But let's be honest about the level of athleticism necessitated by some of the NFL positions vs. a cross fitter.
    Good gravy, don't you realize these dudes ARE professional athletes? It's a new sport. I would LOVE to see Lebron give it a shot. Have him do the Murph for time in a 20# weight vest. 1 mile run, 100 pull ups, 200 push ups, 300 squats, then a mile run to end it. Lebron would get CRUSHED by these dudes.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Spoken like a true cult believer. These cross fit guys would get completely squashed by the top NFL guys. The combine results from some of those guys is insane. Heck, just look at the people in cross fit and the people in the NFL. Cross fit is still in it's infancy, and is dominated by yuppies that couldn't make it anywhere else. That's not to say they aren't great athletes. But they just aren't to the level of some of the top NFL guys. And I do think it's a good thing that people are getting off the couch, so more power to it. But let's be honest about the level of athleticism necessitated by some of the NFL positions vs. a cross fitter.

Exceptions to every rule.

C_6_6cBig1__0129.jpg

6a00d8341cd1f653ef01b8d17fc5ac970c-pi

Personally I think the CrossFit people would crush those NFL guys...but that's just me. I know they would all do better than I would anyway so my opinion is about as good as boobies on a boar.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Pffft, I bet I could wipe the floor at Tekken3 with 99 out of the top 100 crossfit folks and 99/100 of the top NFL'ers, fair chance I would go 200/200 undefeated. I am not impressed one bit.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Combine work is nothing like crossfit games. Put crossfit guys in the NFL and they will get creamed. Put NFL guys in crossfit games and they will get creamed.

not saying crossfit is better, I'm saying they are totally different sports and athletes. Training for NFL gets you quick bursts of athleticism mixed with 30s, 5min, or 30 mins of downtime between movements.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Well, it depends. Athletes who specialize are untouchable in that specific sport/movement. My cousin was a right tackle for the Bucks for 7 years, he was in good shape. I couldn't do his job, but his focus what THAT position and nothing else. His fitness was very specific. After he retired, his fitness didn't translate into much outside of the NFL. There are positions that are more fit than the OL. The people who make it to the Games are beasts. They can run a marathon, compete in a triathlon, compete in Oly lifting comps, etc. While not specializing in a specific sport hinders their ability to take top awards in those sports, they will still do quite well. These athletes train to be strong in as many movements as possible. NFL players what to get fitter, many do CrossFIt. If it was beneath them, how would it benefit them? It is far from a cult. Your statement "and is dominated by yuppies that couldn't make it anywhere else" shows your ignorance in just what you are talking about.
    Quoting former NLF player turned CrossFitter "The only thing from crossfit that compared to the NFL is the attitude and determination you bring into each day of training. Everything else is totally different. In the NFL, it’s all about getting stronger, powerful, explosive and some conditioning work. The load phase stays in the 10-12 range with rest in between. While Crossfit is about time, conditioning, strength, pace, gymnastics, mobility and efficiency. Football is for the sport. Crossfit is all around athlete."
    http://theathleticbuild.com/nfler-turner-crossfit-athlete-james-townsend-interview/

Why The NFL's Best Can't Crush CrossFit | STACK

[video=youtube;rPSB1dSix9g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPSB1dSix9g[/video]

[video=youtube;vjzi-AHdLjw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjzi-AHdLjw[/video]

[video=youtube;5LEJX5VVOYc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LEJX5VVOYc[/video]

Top Bottom