• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    View attachment 143563 My ICO marked Sig P220. Only past PD gun I have. Handed down by my father as they just switched to 320s
    Oh man! That is a beautiful Sig. If you see another for sale please let me know.

I have one Sig P220 that was issued to the Pike County Sheriff Dept in the southern part of the state. It was carried for a long time

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Oh man! That is a beautiful Sig. If you see another for sale please let me know.

I have one Sig P220 that was issued to the Pike County Sheriff Dept in the southern part of the state. It was carried for a long time
    A local gun shop got a sig 229 marked posey county sheriff’s department, brand new never issued, just so happens that a posey county sheriffs deputy came in and got p!$$ed off at us, turns out we got it before they were issued to the department, when sig laser engraved the logo on them and they were in the holster, the logo was upside down, and the sheriff rejected them!

Smeff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2014
    Clinton

I’d doubt you’ll find too many of them around. This one was my dads and can guarantee it’ll never be for sale.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    A local gun shop got a sig 229 marked posey county sheriff’s department, brand new never issued, just so happens that a posey county sheriffs deputy came in and got p!$$ed off at us, turns out we got it before they were issued to the department, when sig laser engraved the logo on them and they were in the holster, the logo was upside down, and the sheriff rejected them!
    Do they still have it? I would love to have a weird gun like that in my collection

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Howdy ladies and gentlemen,

I just picked up this little gem from my FFL. I found it for sale at Morphy's Auctions.

It is a S&W 29-2 that was used by the Louisville PD. From the research I've done, these guns were issued to members of the SWAT team and higher-ranking personnel.

I've been after one of these for 4 years and I'm ecstatic to finally have one.

Couldn't find any 44 special ammo locally, hopefully I can find some at a gun show this weekend
    Very nice. I have the same weapon with the 8 3/8" barrel.
    I see your 29-2 has a pinned barrel which tells me that the cylinder is also recessed (assuming the cylinder is original).
    I am guessing circa 1974ish? Have you looked up the serial# to verify the year of mfg?

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Very nice. I have the same weapon with the 8 3/8" barrel.
    I see your 29-2 has a pinned barrel which tells me that the cylinder is also recessed (assuming the cylinder is original).
    I am guessing circa 1974ish? Have you looked up the serial# to verify the year of mfg?
    I have not looked up the year it was made. The cylinder is pinned.

I am sending Mr. Jenks $100 for the factory letter on it

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I had one for years and put it on gunbroker when I opened the shop...Pawn shop in Louisville had it for $450.....

It was called the "TAC" squad....They were only allowed to carry 44 special in them...
    $450??!! I would have broken the world record for pulling a wallet out of a pocket.

I paid a lot more than that for the lot this revolver was in. I ended up selling 5 guns for the 29 and the 610 it was paired with. Hopefully in a year or two I'll be able to replace the ones I sold.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    $450??!! I would have broken the world record for pulling a wallet out of a pocket.

I paid a lot more than that for the lot this revolver was in. I ended up selling 5 guns for the 29 and the 610 it was paired with. Hopefully in a year or two I'll be able to replace the ones I sold.

There's a thread on it in the Smith and Wesson forum with a lot of good info on these revolvers....

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yes I have Detroit PD “Trifecta” G-22/23/27, Marion, Montgomery County, IMPD/ISP, oh yea Washington DC and Louisiana State Police.

Top Bottom