• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    My 4 year permit expires so I went in to upgrade to my lifetime permit on Thursday of this week. The lady at the county building told me that the average wait is 16 weeks?

I think thats just their stock answer, so if it takes longer than a month or so you don't start bugging them.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    My 4 year permit expires so I went in to upgrade to my lifetime permit on Thursday of this week. The lady at the county building told me that the average wait is 16 weeks?

If all the paperwork gets sent to the state it should be less than 8 weeks. The 16 weeks was how long it was taking when they started the lifetime. They were swamped.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My local Sheriff's Department took 3 weeks to process mine before i could even mail it to ISP. Is this common?

I don't think it's common. My local PD had mine done in two days. Would have been next day if I had gotten there earlier. Maybe they were highly backogged?

When I got my lifetime, the whole process took 89 days. The law requires them to complete the processing in 60, but at the time the ISP was very backlogged.

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    I renewed mine (lifetime of course) it took 2 days at the sherrifs office only because I could only be there after regular hours. It then took 34 days to be returned back to me from the state. I think it is much quicker now since there are fewer renewals due to the lifetime. Eventually it should create less work for them and quicker service for the users.

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN

Average wait has been more like 5-6 weeks. Monroe County Sheriff's office kept it for one week. Did the paperwork on a monday morning, gave it to them, and they said come back next monday to pick it up. Waited a week, mailed it that day, and it was less than a month from that point.

Welcome IUGradStudent, I am one myself. What's your area of study?

I'd actually rather not say--small department and I'm trying to keep a small internet footprint on the whole gun issue. Call me paranoid, but I'm just going to keep a low-profile! PM me and I'd be happy to fill you in on who I am and have lunch with you! I will say that it's a somewhat small humanities department!

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Applied for my lifetime on St. Paddy's day and am still waiting.....patiently.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I recieved my lifetime permit in the mail today 2 days short of a month. Not bad, I hadn't even started to get anxious yet.

mad618

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Dunkirk, IN
    just got mine yesterday, I knew the licsense needed to be laminated but I figured it would atleast be the thickness or strength of say a business card, but it's just a piece of pink paper, as thin as notebook paper lol!

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    just got mine yesterday, I knew the licsense needed to be laminated but I figured it would atleast be the thickness or strength of say a business card, but it's just a piece of pink paper, as thin as notebook paper lol!

Yep the old Pepto-Bismol paper! Consider yourself lucky though that the license is wallet sized! They used to be larger and you had to put your fingerprint on it then fold it up! Still... it would be nice if it were more durable, especially for the lifetime guys.:dunno:

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN

Kinkos... make some copies... less than a dollar and I've got 12 copies on the pink paper... another few dollars to laminate them all... I put the original in my firebox.

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I applied for my lifetime permit on Mar 11 this year (Marion co) and rec'd it in the mail on April 16. I was expecting a much longer wait... a nice surprise

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom