Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2016
    McCordsvilles
    Finally.
    12/8 app submit
    12/9 finger print
    12/14 local submitted
    1/13 called local... was informed i was denied bc of app mistake.
    1/14 pending ISP
    1/21 sent letter of appeal with documentation
    1/26 emailed isp@isp.IN.gov asked about status.
    1/26 emailed returned by ISP stating they received letter waiting for local PD to reverse decision.
    1/26 called local; nothing received on their end.
    1/27 ISP approved
    Sheee Wee what a process
    Delivered in mail 2-1-16

jay02insd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2015
    New Haven
    Online app 11/30 12/4 electronic prints 12/6 local fee paid 12/10 pending isp approval approved 1/30 waiting on the mail now.

Last edited:

BimM3rPwr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2016
    Indianapolis
    While I'm at it....

Application/state fee 1/5/16

Fingerprints 1/7/16

Local fee 1/7/16

Approved Locally: 1/8/16

I'll keep you guys posted.
    22y/o, no criminal record, tres speeding tickets if that matters(?)

Hopefully only a few more weeks if I'm lucky

Approved: 2/2/16
    So the whole process start to finish was 3 weeks. Not bad...

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    My wife's Lifetime LTCH:
    12/28 - Online Application
    12/31 - Electronic Fingerprints at ISP HQ
    1/4 - Local Fee Paid
    1/29 - Approved by ISP

Still waiting for my approval and we did ours at the same times. Guess it just depends on when they get to them. Not in any hurry though, I've had a LTCH for 18 years, just doing the Lifetime this time around so I don't have to go through this ever again.

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    So, I got a little impatient with mine today, since my wife's was approved last week, and I wanted to test a theory.... So, I sent an e-mail to FirearmsQuestions@isp.in.gov and just briefly asked what the status was and provided all of the pertinent information (App number, DL#, Name, DOB). Within 30 seconds, I received an automated e-mail explaining the process. Exactly 14 minutes later, I received a very pleasant e-mail from a gentleman who explained what caused the delay and told me he reviewed and approved it, and sure enough, it was approved on the website.

I would recommend this to anyone - if you get close to the 30 day mark (from the time you paid your local fee - mine was 1/4), then it doesn't hurt to send these guys an e-mail. Who knows how long I would be waiting if I wouldn't have initiated it. There wasn't anything wrong with mine and since they have to look it up to respond to the e-mail anyway, they just went ahead and approved it instead of putting it back in the pile with the rest of them.

I wasn't in a hurry for mine, but just wanted to test a theory that I had, and it worked beautifully! I wanted to share the information for anyone out there who may be getting a little impatient with the process.

sweendogie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    My Girlfriend and I paid all our fees and got fingerprinted on the 14th of January. Currently Pending ISP approval

seagullplayer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    Crawford Co
    So, I got a little impatient with mine today, since my wife's was approved last week, and I wanted to test a theory.... So, I sent an e-mail to FirearmsQuestions@isp.in.gov and just briefly asked what the status was and provided all of the pertinent information (App number, DL#, Name, DOB). Within 30 seconds, I received an automated e-mail explaining the process. Exactly 14 minutes later, I received a very pleasant e-mail from a gentleman who explained what caused the delay and told me he reviewed and approved it, and sure enough, it was approved on the website.

I would recommend this to anyone - if you get close to the 30 day mark (from the time you paid your local fee - mine was 1/4), then it doesn't hurt to send these guys an e-mail. Who knows how long I would be waiting if I wouldn't have initiated it. There wasn't anything wrong with mine and since they have to look it up to respond to the e-mail anyway, they just went ahead and approved it instead of putting it back in the pile with the rest of them.

I wasn't in a hurry for mine, but just wanted to test a theory that I had, and it worked beautifully! I wanted to share the information for anyone out there who may be getting a little impatient with the process.

I sent an E-mail to this address. Found out there was an issue that needed cleared up! Got the needed info to clear the
    situation up.

Approved this afternoon.

Everyone was easy to work with and very helpful. So glad I sent the E-mail requesting info, don't know how long
    to would have take otherwise.

Waiting for my card.

Thanks

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    I sent an E-mail to this address. Found out there was an issue that needed cleared up! Got the needed info to clear the
    situation up.

Approved this afternoon.

Everyone was easy to work with and very helpful. So glad I sent the E-mail requesting info, don't know how long
    to would have take otherwise.

Waiting for my card.

Thanks

Excellent! I'm glad this helped you out! Just think of how long it would have taken if you would have waited for the denial letter in the mail, then went through the appeals process just for a bit of info that could be cleared up in an email.

Rusty919

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Brown County
    I applied for lifetime on Dec. 4th 2015 still waiting. ISP website still says "Pending ISP Approval" I anxiously run to the mailbox everyday only to be severely let down upon finding bills. I'm over the 60 day mark. Any info on if they are running behind?

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    I applied for lifetime on Dec. 4th 2015 still waiting. ISP website still says "Pending ISP Approval" I anxiously run to the mailbox everyday only to be severely let down upon finding bills. I'm over the 60 day mark. Any info on if they are running behind?
    I had a similar experience. Go to the local law enforcement that processed it and have them call. They were putting new ones on top of mine and pulling form the top of the stack. I still wouldn't have mine if I didn't have them call. It was more than 4 months. They approved it while they waited on the phone that day.

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom