• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    L1 Fingerprinting on Good Friday. Paid the $50 the next monday (+$2 for notary) LTCH in hand in 8 days. Good enough for me!

Indiana doesn't require any notary, just FYI, in the event someone else sees this.

I was going to ask about that :scratch:. I've heard some locals charged for envelope and stamp when going the old fashioned route. But this isn't that. Unless the clerks hasn't had too many L1s come in yet and doesn't know it.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Proccesed through L-1 and mailed off on 4-16, it's now 4-30, and I have no LTCH. This is expidited?

I assume mailing any part I it slows it down. I know any issues in the background check slows it down. I did mine 100% electronic and walked in payment and was told 8-10 days last wed, that is when I did it all, filled out paperwork online two days prior.

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    Proccesed through L-1 and mailed off on 4-16, it's now 4-30, and I have no LTCH. This is expidited?

why would you mail anything?

when you went through the L1 site you are given the chance to pay the state fee $75, L1 fee like $12 and schedule a printing time and location. You show up, get printed, and then go pay the local $50 to either the city or county depending on where you live, in city limits or not.

there is no mailing of anything involved

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    I was going to ask about that :scratch:. I've heard some locals charged for envelope and stamp when going the old fashioned route. But this isn't that. Unless the clerks hasn't had too many L1s come in yet and doesn't know it.

thats why you don't do anything on paper....it's unnecessary and slows things down

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    I know in Fishers, the police chief signs em and sends em off on Thursdays. Then it takes like a week to get it back... At least mine did and my neighbors and another friends. All of ours was less than 2 weeks total.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    why would you mail anything?

when you went through the L1 site you are given the chance to pay the state fee $75, L1 fee like $12 and schedule a printing time and location. You show up, get printed, and then go pay the local $50 to either the city or county depending on where you live, in city limits or not.

there is no mailing of anything involved

When I visited my local PD after my L-1 apointment, they stamped and signed a copy of my application, then handed it to me in a Manila envelope per-addressed to ISP Firearms Div. I had to take that to the PO and mail it myself. All fees were paid.

Why? Who knows? My PD wasn't very clear or informative on procedure. I think I'd better call ISP tomorrow and find out the status of my application.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    When I visited my local PD after my L-1 apointment, they stamped and signed a copy of my application, then handed it to me in a Manila envelope per-addressed to ISP Firearms Div. I had to take that to the PO and mail it myself. All fees were paid.

Why? Who knows? My PD wasn't very clear or informative on procedure. I think I'd better call ISP tomorrow and find out the status of my application.
    Thats wierd because the chief is supposed to sign off on them.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Indiana doesn't require any notary, just FYI, in the event someone else sees this.

I just thought of another possibility. When I applied for mine the old fashioned route (online wasn't available here) I had to fill out two applications, one local one state. Is it possible that the local required notarized? And you could either pay the $2 there or take it elsewhere and bring it back?

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    UPDATE!

Just straightened it all out. For whatever reason, the woman @PD who handled my application was not familiar with protocol, and never submitted the application, just handed me a signed copy. A quick call to ISP confirmed that my app was never received. It's all taken care of now, according to my PD. We shall soon see.

Pitchfork

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    South Bend Area
    It came today - happy ending. Still a lot faster than some states through the mail. :yesway:

Moved to IN, filled out application online for a Lifetime Personal Defense license, didn't know about electronic fingerprinting, so I went to local PD to get inked. Paid them, mailed a check and fingerprints to state.

Been waiting 1.5 months now.

:twocents: GO ELECTRONIC.

VaGriller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Avon
    UPDATE!

Just straightened it all out. For whatever reason, the woman @PD who handled my application was not familiar with protocol, and never submitted the application, just handed me a signed copy. A quick call to ISP confirmed that my app was never received. It's all taken care of now, according to my PD. We shall soon see.

Same thing happened to me, clerk never submitted it.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Just got my LTCH in the mail exactly 1 week to the day after I got printed and paid the city! I'm in Indianapolis.

I think I am going to need a biger wallet....

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom