• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Justin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Columbus
    Although they are covered up and only so many people dedicated for this, keep in mind if you have any past that may be "negative" it delays the process, no matter how old or small it may have been.

This is true. But I know personally i have only got pulled over once and that was for a shorted out tail light on a trailer i was pulling and did not receive a ticket or anything.

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    Went to L1 last Tuesday and the local pd on Thursday. They had me mail the paperwork to ISP. Local pd said 2 weeks but from the sound of it I could be waiting quite a bit longer. :(

msk

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    I have submitted the application but need to get my DL updated for my current address and fingerprinting. Hopefully the processing is on track!

scottyd2506

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I just got off the phone with them, they were working on mid November dates currently. which is total :poop: in my mind. She told me I was 2 weeks out still before they would even look at my paper work (filed dec. 14) L1 and electronic from my local. My question was why so long? your answering service I've listened to approximately 50 times says 5-7 days my local said 7-10 but expect 2 weeks. her reply was we're just under staffed right now, but we are getting more employees. to which my reply was, not to sound rude but that's not my problem, you guys shouldn't give an expected turn around time so short if I'm really looking at a more realistic wait of 2 1/2 months. she had no idea how to reply. So looks like I'll just throw the AK and the 870 on the dash for protection, that's legal as far as I know right? :D

Mid November?? crap, I applied for mine in Late November 2012.

I have been wondering if I have been denied, then I came across this forum. I had a carry permit from 1985-1989.
    Why are they taking so long, people I know who got theirs 2-3 years ago waited a week, one guy got his in 2 days.
    I guess that I had better plan to wait at least 3-4 more months or more.
    I guess I'll get mine in Apr. 2013

why doesn't the conservative Indiana governor make sure us pro gun voters don't get left behind and hire more people to do checks.

jfryan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    SBN
    I just got back from the mailbox & the pink was staring at me... Did the L1 route on November 20th, so there's hope!

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    You only have like 2-3 more months to wait....I applied mid AUGUST and don't have my pink card yet :n00b:

Better call them. I applied late August, through the mail, and had a prior arrest. Mine was issued on the 27th.

BEBOATS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Paoli, Indiana
    LTCH WAIT

I sent mine in around Sep. 26 and still waiting on 1/1/13. It wasn't for the life time pemit. I thought about calling someone and seeing if I could find out if they had even received it but didn't have a clue where to call to. But see where others are waiting a long time also.

sarlakk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I applied for mine at Cumberland PD (local), Marion County, on 12/11/12, using L1, and got the standard 2-3 weeks wait time reply.

I haven't gotten it yet, but I didn't expect it that soon anyway (thanks to researching the info supplied in this thread). I will be sure to reply to this thread again the day that I receive mine, to continue the data collection process for future readers.

Justin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Columbus
    I just got off the phone with them. They told me they are swamped and to wait 14 weeks from the date the money order was cashed (november 8th). I asked her if it had even been touched and she said no. Claimed there is too many applications and not enough staff.

Thebarkus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    I applied in Mid Oct using L1 and after reading everyones post I did call about 2 weeks ago and they said that they are really backed up but that mine should be out in a week or so but still waiting as well.....

bsettle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    13 and waiting

I am currently on 13 weeks and still waiting. Anyone receive theirs recently? What was your timetable?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom