• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JaySoSaySo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Camby
    I hear ya, I want to call but always same thing. Then it just takes my hope away. Going on 20 WEEKS!!!

I hear that...I believe I would have submitted around the same time. Mid-July here and still nothing. I read on here a few weeks back that some people had submitted around that time and have received them but as we know, it is case-by-case...

How terrible would someone feel when we need to draw down and there is nothing to draw since our state takes 5 months to process a permit to carry?
    :ar15: :dunno:

Nice.:patriot:

mikedippert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Went ahead and called again today. Talked with a lady and she said they are just now working on October's applications. Figured i would let others know. She also stated that L1 is now backed up around 5-6 weeks and they are now claiming 15 weeks for the permits submitted with fingerprints mailed in.
    They cashed my check Oct 3 so I'm probably in that group. Tomorrow will be 14 weeks.

mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    Curious here... My LTCH expires April 1st. My wife and I re-applied in October. I did it in hopes that the 6 month time would be enough. Am I at a loss come April 1st if they've yet to mail it? Will I be OK to put my application in my wallet with my permit and still carry?

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Curious here... My LTCH expires April 1st. My wife and I re-applied in October. I did it in hopes that the 6 month time would be enough. Am I at a loss come April 1st if they've yet to mail it? Will I be OK to put my application in my wallet with my permit and still carry?

From the ISP firearms FAQs

An applicant that applies before their current license expires, but their license expires before the
    new license is received, may carry a handgun by carrying the expired license with a copy of the
    application received from the local authority as long as the applicant remains a proper person
    under statute.

With the passing of SB292 I am curious as to whether or not it is still necessary to carry these things.

Win1300

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    New Palestine
    4 weeks today for me since I did L1.

I did the application on Dec 15th, L1 on Dec. 18th, Paid Hancock County on Dec. 21st

Called the number they told me 4 weeks. So I'll be watching the mail closely!

Lethgar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Went ahead and called again today. Talked with a lady and she said they are just now working on October's applications. Figured i would let others know. She also stated that L1 is now backed up around 5-6 weeks and they are now claiming 15 weeks for the permits submitted with fingerprints mailed in.

Why they even bother lying like this, I'm not sure. Everything we've heard from them for months has been way off base, and almost bizarre. 15 weeks? There are guys in here who submitting mid-July and still haven't gotten a thing!

Justin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Columbus
    Why they even bother lying like this, I'm not sure. Everything we've heard from them for months has been way off base, and almost bizarre. 15 weeks? There are guys in here who submitting mid-July and still haven't gotten a thing!

What can you expect? lol. I get a different answer every time i call!

deeplist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    I wish I knew exactly when they cashed my check. I'm very close to the 14 week mark, or right at it. I tried calling them about a dozen times today and every time I do, it just goes to a busy signal. This is real BS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom