• Status
    Not open for further replies.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Remember, if you're renewing you can still carry as long as you have your receipt and your expired license on you. Assuming you applied before it actually expired.

Yes sir. That's how I've been rolling since 1-26-13.

Problem is, I travel a lot. States that have reciprocity with Indiana are now a problem since my license is expired.

It's just BS that its taking this long.

ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    In my mind, if they would tell a time line and then stick with it, I would be fine with that. Instead its like they want to play games. When I got finger printed I was told 2-3 weeks. The recording says 4 weeks, when you email they say 6 weeks, there website says 7-8 weeks, when you call they don't answer.

I can understand being backed up but this is the worse customer service I ever seen.

This, I asked when I finished my application. "Four weeks in the mail." I'm not even worried about it, I had everything finished 2/8/13, I'm gonna be waiting a while. Why the lies though?

I'm not going to bother calling. I understand that you guys are trying to speed your application up, and that you're like gitty little school children awaiting that pink paper, but calling only slows them down. I would rather them not answer the phones but instead have the person answering the phones answering applications.

Just my opinion though. :dunno:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    This, I asked when I finished my application. "Four weeks in the mail." I'm not even worried about it, I had everything finished 2/8/13, I'm gonna be waiting a while. Why the lies though?

I'm not going to bother calling. I understand that you guys are trying to speed your application up, and that you're like gitty little school children awaiting that pink paper, but calling only slows them down. I would rather them not answer the phones but instead have the person answering the phones answering applications.

Just my opinion though. :dunno:

Calling, from what I've gathered, actually does not slow them down. I believe those answering the phone are there to do just that. I don't think they'd be processing applications even if a phone didn't ring all day. I could be wrong, certainly wouldn't be the first time :):

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    I know there had been several people say they called and was told there app got misplaced or for some reason or another got put on the back burner. This is the only reason I called.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    My wife completed the L1 fingerprinting and dropped off her $50 w/the FWPD today. I'm rather curious to see how long it will take now.
    Completed mine January 4. Nothing yet. I was told two - three weeks. Ha! Oh well, I used to work for one of the county govt agencies. I know how they operate - on their own timetable! Guess I just have to be patient. (I suppose I could try to hold them responsible if anything happens and I'm not able to defend myself because they didn't get my app processed. Nah! I'd rather not have anything happen.)

ricochet22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Pssst, over here
    If you dont mind sharing .. do you have any kind of a record? I do, so I was expecting a delay.. but they keep saying that they havent even gotten to mine yet which all the more frustrating. Id suck it up if it was taking longer because of my past, that was my fault not theirs. But 4 months have gone by and they havent even touched it yet!!!? :xmad:
    I had a misdemeanor in OH when I was 18.

TaurusJR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Confusion

I'm sure they have no clue what's going on in that office now. I called this morning per recommendation right at 8AM. Got through, spoke with a girl, no name given, nice though. I informed her it's been 73 days on my application and I was looking to see if a decision had been made. Her response, to my anger, "Sir, we haven't even started on yours yet" :evilangel:At which point I informed her when I applied, and asked her how long, she said, "3-4 weeks" WHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? I'm not buying that as an answer based on all the answers I've seen on here already. :rolleyes:

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Got my L1 printing done today, then went to the Dyer PD. I was told by the attendant that she spoke to the ISP yesterday and they are still processing apps from September. Ouch.

Gonna be a long wait. Probably won't see anything until July or August.

Win1300

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    New Palestine
    4 weeks today for me since I did L1.

I did the application on Dec 15th, L1 on Dec. 18th, Paid Hancock County on Dec. 21st

Called the number they told me 4 weeks. So I'll be watching the mail closely!

Wow does that seem like forever ago that I applied. Checking the mailbox everyday just leaving me disappointed with the contents. Well ladies and gentlemen, today was the day that I opened the mailbox and there it was. Glowing with all its pink glory. I paid the local just a short 9 weeks ago. I applied 10 weeks ago. I am glad the wait is over. Good luck to everyone else. There is still hope! I appreciate everyone posting updates along the way. Thanks! :rockwoot:

Judy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2011
    Applied for renewal ll-21 in Madison County going the paper route. Clean record unless they count a speeding ticket in TX cira 1984, still waiting.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Based on the reads, I'm calling it at about 60 days for an L1. I'm in Carmel so I starter back in Sept. and couldnt meet with the Chief until 10 January. I think I'm about halfway there!

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Based on the reads, I'm calling it at about 60 days for an L1. I'm in Carmel so I starter back in Sept. and couldnt meet with the Chief until 10 January. I think I'm about halfway there!

That seems to be the current trend, but these all seem to be pre Christmas. It will be interesting to see how possible increased demand due to possible new gun regulation, and there comments about bringing on extra help will balance out on the post Christmas apps.

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    Wife applied first week of November, fingerprints and final pay 3rd week of November in Marion county just got PPS yesterday (Friday) in mail.

non L1, applied november 2nd, money order cashed november 16th, got a clean record, still nothing....hopefully next week. between waiting for this, and waiting for a new gun store down the road from me to open, i am really learning to be patient.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom