• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dbiernesser

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Bloomington
    I have been waiting 10 weeks. I am not expecting it for at least 2 more weeks but at least I am getting close. I applied, submitted fingerprints L-1 and paid local PD all on 1-14. The frustrating part for me is that the only reason I knew it would be delayed is this thread. I saw nothing from ISP until about 2 weeks ago saying they were experiencing this large amount of applications. It's ridiculous, in any other business or organization this type of delay would render serious negative reactions. I am patiently waiting but is anyone else sick of dishing out money and getting absolutely 0 feedback from the ISP?

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I have been waiting 10 weeks. I am not expecting it for at least 2 more weeks but at least I am getting close. I applied, submitted fingerprints L-1 and paid local PD all on 1-14. The frustrating part for me is that the only reason I knew it would be delayed is this thread. I saw nothing from ISP until about 2 weeks ago saying they were experiencing this large amount of applications. It's ridiculous, in any other business or organization this type of delay would render serious negative reactions. I am patiently waiting but is anyone else sick of dishing out money and getting absolutely 0 feedback from the ISP?

Imagine a car dealership (yeah, there's only 1, even though they've got 92 showrooms across the state), they've got a central F&I department, and they normally do 1000 cars a day total. Now, imagine instead of 1000 a day, it's more like 250 a day in each showroom. This is what ISP is dealing with.

Many years ago, my first application in Parke County took about 3 weeks from getting printed at the jail to pink paper in the mail. In the last 4 years (I can imagine why :rolleyes:) LTCH applications have skyrocketed, and ISP is overwhelmed. Beyond that, maybe the local PD/Sheriff Dept only submits paper apps to ISP once a week or whatever.

This, too, shall pass. The thing to remember is this is a one time deal. Once your LIFETIME LTCH is issued, you're done. Don't be discouraged, and give ISP a pass. This is actually a good thing.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Imagine a car dealership (yeah, there's only 1, even though they've got 92 showrooms across the state), they've got a central F&I department, and they normally do 1000 cars a day total. Now, imagine instead of 1000 a day, it's more like 250 a day in each showroom. This is what ISP is dealing with.

Many years ago, my first application in Parke County took about 3 weeks from getting printed at the jail to pink paper in the mail. In the last 4 years (I can imagine why :rolleyes:) LTCH applications have skyrocketed, and ISP is overwhelmed. Beyond that, maybe the local PD/Sheriff Dept only submits paper apps to ISP once a week or whatever.

This, too, shall pass. The thing to remember is this is a one time deal. Once your LIFETIME LTCH is issued, you're done. Don't be discouraged, and give ISP a pass. This is actually a good thing.

Then that dealership would have to expand to keep up with demand while continuing to meet customer expectation...

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville

Then that dealership would have to expand to keep up with demand while continuing to meet customer expectation...

Plus, that dealership is not bound by state law to fulfill its obligation to its customers within a 60 day time limit.

ricochet22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Pssst, over here

Don't necessarily want to give them a pass. The alternative is they would have to reject every application that they could not approve within 60 days. That would put more on the individual as they would have to appeal.
    Yes, it is a lifetime LTCH unless they pass the enhanced LTCH which would really blow up the system.

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    It's here! It's here! It's finally here! Yessssssssssss!

Applied October 26th 2012
    Issued March 22nd 2013
    Received March 26th 2013

matthewquigley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    i've heard of people emailing isp to get the status of their app. I have emailed them 3 times and have yet to hear back...just adding to the frustration. evidently they aren't accepting any phone calls to check

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I did L1 at the end of Feb would it be reasonable to expect it done by the start of May?

I'm starting my 12th week using L1 with a clean record. If that gives you any idea.

It all depends on your local and when they transmit to ISP. When you did L1 hs no bearing on your wait. Your fate is in the hands of your local PD.

Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    Can anyone from Carmel report? Went through L1. Did local stuff on 1-22, money order was cashed 1-28. Any idea what I'm looking at? Clean record by the way.

Last edited:

navy4422

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Lafayette
    I'm starting my 12th week using L1 with a clean record. If that gives you any idea.

It all depends on your local and when they transmit to ISP. When you did L1 hs no bearing on your wait. Your fate is in the hands of your local PD.

Tippecanoe Sheriff's dept if that helps.

And same for clean record here as well hopefully it speeds up if not I can wait just hoped to get it before I went on training so its not in my mailbox that whole time.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Tippecanoe Sheriff's dept if that helps.

And same for clean record here as well hopefully it speeds up if not I can wait just hoped to get it before I went on training so its not in my mailbox that whole time.

Maybe give them a buzz and see when they transmitted your app. At least you'll know when your clock started.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom