• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Ok I've been reading this thread for several months now, I applied L1-4-17, local pd 4-18, mo cashed 4-19, tried the numbers i have seen on here.....no criminal history....I'm happy for those who are getting their LTCH in 2 weeks..but I have to admit it's very frustrating. I mean if I did this in my business or with my taxes I'd be up the creek w/out a paddle. Guess i'm done ranting now thanks for giving me a place to rant!!

First of all, Welcome :welcome:. Feel free to stop by and rant anytime you like. We've all done it, and that's why a lot of us are still here - to listen and offer whatever advice and support we can.

In your case, if you truly do have no arrest record of any kind, no DUI, nothing, I would start with the local agency where you paid your fee and make sure they submitted your app to ISP. You are way overdue for an L1 with a clean record (of course, you knew that). If you are lucky enough to get a sympathetic clerk, they might put in a call to ISP for you. At least they should be able to tell you when and if your app was transmitted.

Good luck. Hope this helps some.

Kentuckypilgrim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Update on my LTCH

I finally got mine! I did L1 on Jan 16, 2013. I got in the mail on Oct. 4, 2013. The only thing is it is a 4 yr. permit instead of a lifetime like I put in for.

I'm sorry. I misread my permit. It is a lifetime permit, so now I can legally pursue my 2nd amendment right!

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I heard that apps aren't being processed due to these gov shutdown. Apparently, it concerns the federal checks.

Not true. NICS is still working. Any agency that supports law enforcement was not affected by the shutdown.

This came from a news story in Chicago where federal employees are involved in the gun permit process somehow.

Combsie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Spencerville,IN
    Finally applied online and was able to set an appointment with L1 for tomorrow. Hope it goes quick!

Question, "Will an OWI from a few years ago stop or prolong me from getting approved?"

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Finally applied online and was able to set an appointment with L1 for tomorrow. Hope it goes quick!

Question, "Will an OWI from a few years ago stop or prolong me from getting approved?"

Probably not stop, unless you failed to list it. Prolong your wait ? It certainly could. Things have sped up, so maybe you won't have to endure the 6 month wait others have.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Forgot to mention that the woman i talked to at the police station said if your background check came back clear i shouldnt have to wait more than two weeks. she said its been speeding up a lot. I wont be holding my breath.

tommywilder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    I applied, with paper fingerprints, back in March and have heard nothing. Local PD where I did prints simply gave me the number for ISP and said to call for a status check. (Of course that didn't work.)

I have an OWI from 2008 on my record, but have since bought many guns and never have had an issue with background checks anywhere else.

I did as another member here and emailed my district representative and the office of Mike Pence looking for answers.

I bought my S&W Bodyguard .380 in March and it's seen no waist time! Sigh...

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Forgot to mention that the woman i talked to at the police station said if your background check came back clear i shouldnt have to wait more than two weeks. she said its been speeding up a lot. I wont be holding my breath.

Some people have got theirs in as little as 1 week from the day they finished the last step at the local police/sheriff's office.

Hoss58

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Allen County
    Two weeks multiply that by 17.5 and
    still impatiently waiting have emailed
    got the past six months canned response
    hope for the 42 weeks and not the one
    Year two months I have seen as recent
    Posted wait times

Hoss58

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Allen County
    Yes sent a e-mail to the ISP
    Address two weeks ago that
    Was when I got the canned
    Response that it was past 6
    Months and sent to I think like
    was Trooper Rogers

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Hoss58: I really think the ISP screwed up with their applications at some point. In July people who had applied within the last 2 months or less pretty much all got theirs. Today new apps turn around in 2 weeks or less typically. Yet, there are people who applied prior to June that are still waiting, some even from last year.

If I was you I would almost consider reapplying. It might be difficult to get all your money back but if getting it within a couple weeks is worth it for you.

sigforlife

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2013
    allen county
    im very new to this forum. I applied for my LTCH on 3/8 and still have not received it. I use to have a LTCH but I let it expire for awhile and now im getting back into things again. I live in fort wayne and they are telling me im approved with the city and county now they are just waiting for the state to approve me. anyone on here still waiting that applied around the same time I did?? thanks....

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    Hoss58:

If I was you I would almost consider reapplying. It might be difficult to get all your money back but if getting it within a couple weeks is worth it for you.

I would NOT recommend for anyone to do that unless they have proof that their LTCH app has been lost, or confirmation from ISP that they have never received the App.

Hoss58 has already said that he's in the "BadBoy Club", but he didn't list the arrest on the App. I'm about 99% sure that the arrest must've showed up, otherwise his App would've been processed quite awhile back, or at least one would assume that anyways.

He also filed his fingerprints NON-L1, which usually means an even LONGER wait than those who've filed L1, especially if you're in the "BadBoy Club". We've seen quite a few instances of the extra LONG wait times for NON-L1 apps, right here on this thread.

LASTLY, from what I've read, you would probably only be eligible for a PARTIAL refund if you wanted or tried to cancel your application and you'd also be right back at the END of the Line in the "BadBoy Club" pile !

I would just keep calling and emailing until I got an answer or my LTCH.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I would NOT recommend for anyone to do that unless they have proof that their LTCH app has been lost, or confirmation from ISP that they have never received the App.

Hoss58 has already said that he's in the "BadBoy Club", but he didn't list the arrest on the App. I'm about 99% sure that the arrest must've showed up, otherwise his App would've been processed quite awhile back, or at least one would assume that anyways.

He also filed his fingerprints NON-L1, which usually means an even LONGER wait than those who've filed L1, especially if you're in the "BadBoy Club". We've seen quite a few instances of the extra LONG wait times for NON-L1 apps, right here on this thread.

LASTLY, from what I've read, you would probably only be eligible for a PARTIAL refund if you wanted or tried to cancel your application and you'd also be right back at the END of the Line in the "BadBoy Club" pile !

I would just keep calling and emailing until I got an answer or my LTCH.

^^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^^ :+1:

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    im very new to this forum. I applied for my LTCH on 3/8 and still have not received it. I use to have a LTCH but I let it expire for awhile and now im getting back into things again. I live in fort wayne and they are telling me im approved with the city and county now they are just waiting for the state to approve me. anyone on here still waiting that applied around the same time I did?? thanks....

Did you file L1 or NON-L1?
    Do you have any past criminal history (even if you weren't convicted it can still effect the LTCH app process)
    Have you checked your Money order to see when the ISP money order was cashed or did you receive any email updates that let you know when the ISP actually received your Application?

The last one matters a lot because some Local agencies have been known to be VERY slow at getting the LTCH applications forwarded to the ISP.

That's when your actual "Wait Time" officially starts...when the ISP receives your Application.
    I was pretty fortunate, compared to a lot of others, because my local forwarded my LTCH application in 1 weeks time.
    Other members on here have not been so lucky and some of their applications actually sat at their local departments for MONTHS at a time and their "Official Wait" times were delayed by months.

If that happens it puts the person weeks or even months behind other applicants, in the processss

Anyways, I hope yours comes soon and that's some of the info that we've used when trying to find out info about our apps and our wait times ....good luck !

bluzfan66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Switzerland Co, IN
    Yes sent a e-mail to the ISP
    Address two weeks ago that
    Was when I got the canned
    Response that it was past 6
    Months and sent to I think like
    was Trooper Rogers

Damn! That's the link I used and within a few days I got a reply back stating my info would be sent to Lt Rogers. A few days after that I got an email from a clerk typist with ISP asking for my money order receipt #'s. I called her, gave her the #'s any after being on hold for about 5 minutes I was told my pink slip would be in the mail the next morning. Got it 3 days after that.

I had the email for Lt Rogers and the email & phone # for the clerk saved to my iPad notes, but they a aren't there now. I was going to PM you the info. Sorry. I would keep emailing them. Maybe you will get lucky.

Have you tried contacting you state Rep? I didn't have any luck with mine, but others have has success going that route. Here's Bob Allen's (the state Rep for Allen Co) contact page:
    http://www.in.gov/cgi-bin/legislative/contact/contact-2-5.pl?data=h084

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom