• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Please, do keep us up to date. I applied online, did fingerprinting, and paid the fees on June 18th. The officer at the Greenwood City Police Office told me it would be six (6) months and true enough, I'm still waiting. I have a clean record but the difference might be I'm a permanent resident (since 15 years ago), not a US citizen. I'm guessing it takes them time to find out I have a clean record overseas as well.

Probably. And they no doubt have to verify your green card status also.

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    Welp went to the local ISP headquarters.

Me: Hello, I'm here for a status update on my LTCH
    Front Desk: Your what?
    Me: LTCH
    Front Desk: Whats that?
    Me: License to carry handgun
    Front Desk: Ahhh your CCW permit
    Me: No my license...
    Front Desk: Well we cannot give out that information anymore, but we've done over 98,000 blah blah blah
    Me: Thanks...(for wasting my time)

manley82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Going Saturday for the L1 prints and Greenwood Police dept... hopefully i'm more in boileralum's timeframe than Phantom7's....

Turfweazel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I have had my LTCH for a year or so now it took them about 4 months to get it to me. My wife is going to get hers now, how is it some people are getting them in a week or so. I hope I can get some tips to make her wait short.

MiaMiaPP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Avon
    So I'm planning to call tomorrow to ask since I've been waiting for 5 months already. I saw somebody saying they don't give out status anymore. Is that true? If so, what if mine got lost in mail, how am I suppose to know that?

HoosierRule

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Just thought I'd let ya'll know this: Did the online app on Nov 22nd for lifetime. Paid the same day, scheduled finger prints on Monday the 25th of Nov., went to courthouse immediately after the 5 minute fingerprints, paid $50 and went home. Opened mailbox today (5th of December) and BAM! there it was :) Needless to say, I'm super happy. Total day from online app to mail = 14. :rockwoot:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Just thought I'd let ya'll know this: Did the online app on Nov 22nd for lifetime. Paid the same day, scheduled finger prints on Monday the 25th of Nov., went to courthouse immediately after the 5 minute fingerprints, paid $50 and went home. Opened mailbox today (5th of December) and BAM! there it was :) Needless to say, I'm super happy. Total day from online app to mail = 14. :rockwoot:

:thumbsup:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    So I'm planning to call tomorrow to ask since I've been waiting for 5 months already. I saw somebody saying they don't give out status anymore. Is that true? If so, what if mine got lost in mail, how am I suppose to know that?

Generally, that is true. They are citing privacy laws these days. Once and a while, you will get a clerk that will drop a subtle hint like "If you don't see it by Friday, call back". More often than not, the person gets their LTCH in a couple of days. The person at ISP knew it had been issued, but just didn't say so. But, you might just get the privacy law response.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I submitted online app earlier this week. My appt for fingerprinting with L-1 is next Weds. the 11th and I've paid the state fee electronically. Then I'll go directly to the police station and pay the local fee. Hopefully it will be fairly quick. I've got a co-worker whose husband has been waiting 10 months. I told her that's ridiculous and he should check on it.

USAFVet

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Indy
    Please, do keep us up to date. I applied online, did fingerprinting, and paid the fees on June 18th. The officer at the Greenwood City Police Office told me it would be six (6) months and true enough, I'm still waiting. I have a clean record but the difference might be I'm a permanent resident (since 15 years ago), not a US citizen. I'm guessing it takes them time to find out I have a clean record overseas as well.

Good luck!!
    A friend of mine just became an American citizen and she wants me to help her buy her first firearm and help her through the LTCH process. Hope she has better luck than I'm having.

Ottboys3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Indy
    I submitted online app earlier this week. My appt for fingerprinting with L-1 is next Weds. the 11th and I've paid the state fee electronically. Then I'll go directly to the police station and pay the local fee. Hopefully it will be fairly quick. I've got a co-worker whose husband has been waiting 10 months. I told her that's ridiculous and he should check on it.

Friend just completed process 9months 13 days after L1 don't hold your breath!

Ace3one7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Hey guys new to INGO. I was fingerprinted and paid state fees at L-1 on Tuesday December 10. On Wednesday December 11 I went to City County Building and paid local fees. The wait begins

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom