• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Conner85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Princeton
    I did exactly what they said not to do.. called them every other day. But I didn't get any information that way. I made sure to call my local police to make sure my application was forwarded to ISP, then I emailed ISP explaining how I may have made an error on my application dealing with my offense date and arrest date. Then I got an email a week later from a man named Troy Higgins telling me my permit was issued on the 11th and he gave me my license number. I'd just email them asap at isp@isp.in.gov, cause I'm sure they're swamped with emails. Which is why it took them a week to answer mine. When you email them, give them all this info:

Name
    Application #
    Address
    Birthdate
    Date applied/paid
    Local police (location)
    License type (4 year/lifetime)

I think there's more they request, but they don't tell you what info they need until after you email them. It's an auto response email that gives you a list of what they need. But I'm pretty sure you can email them directly from the ISP website and they'll ask for all of it. But I have a friend who did that back in October when he applied and still hasn't heard anything from them, and still doesn't have his permit. And he doesn't even have a criminal history.

Conner85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Princeton
    Same here. Even though I know it's coming, it's still torture waiting for it to come in the mail. As soon as it comes in, I'm gonna make about 10 copies of it, sign each one and laminate them. I'll have one in every car I own, one in my wallet and the unsigned original and other copies stashed away in a safe place.

I'd say it's a smart idea to have one you can just reach for in a glove compartment or visor in case a cop asks for it. Then you don't have to dig in your wallet and risk getting shot because the cop thinks you're reaching for your gun.

Has anyone ever had a bad experience getting copies? Like at Kinkos, has anyone ever called the cops because they think you're trying to make copies of a "federal document" or anything?

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Has anyone ever had a bad experience getting copies? Like at Kinkos, has anyone ever called the cops because they think you're trying to make copies of a "federal document" or anything?

A lot of folks have had a hard time at the office stores getting copies made. The usual response is " It's against the law to copy that". When challenged to provide proof, the usual response is " That's what we were told".

Office Depot stores seem to be more willing to copy and laminate than Staples stores. You can always buy a packet of pink paper and make your own copies. The office stores usually have laminating kits also. While it's not as nice as the professional laminating, how often are you going to need to produce it ? Hopefully not much, if ever. More than likely, it's just going to live in your wallet / glove compartment / range bag.

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    This is my first post, but I wanted to post here first since this has been the thread I've been watching most (lurking, actually).

I applied for my LTCH on March 31 (did the online L1). Today, I called the Evansville Police Dept. to ensure they sent (approved) my application. The lady on the phone was horribly nice. She pulled up my info (only gave her my name on the phone) and told me that my application in Evansville was approved on Apr. 6th, and that the State approved my app yesterday. So, about a week at each facility for the approval process. I am still waiting for the actual license, but at least the stressful part is over. I've had no arrests, but still stressful.

Something else I wanted to share... I asked the folks at the EPD twice about making copies of my license. They told me each time, "Definitely get copies made, and laminate the original and keep it in a safe place. Just make sure you use the exact same color pink paper when you make the copies and remember to sign them- Office Depot usually has it.". I've read this issue has been a debate for many, so I thought I'd share what the EPD is currently communicating.

That's all I've got for now. If anyone has questions about my experience with the process, just ask. Oh, and thanks for having me. -Hex

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    This is my first post, but I wanted to post here first since this has been the thread I've been watching most (lurking, actually).

I applied for my LTCH on March 31 (did the online L1). Today, I called the Evansville Police Dept. to ensure they sent (approved) my application. The lady on the phone was horribly nice. She pulled up my info (only gave her my name on the phone) and told me that my application in Evansville was approved on Apr. 6th, and that the State approved my app yesterday. So, about a week at each facility for the approval process. I am still waiting for the actual license, but at least the stressful part is over. I've had no arrests, but still stressful.

Something else I wanted to share... I asked the folks at the EPD twice about making copies of my license. They told me each time, "Definitely get copies made, and laminate the original and keep it in a safe place. Just make sure you use the exact same color pink paper when you make the copies and remember to sign them- Office Depot usually has it.". I've read this issue has been a debate for many, so I thought I'd share what the EPD is currently communicating.

That's all I've got for now. If anyone has questions about my experience with the process, just ask. Oh, and thanks for having me. -Hex

:welcome: to :ingo:

That's a great second post. All good info.

mtbrgeek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2014
    For Twain
    Shot off an email the other day. Got this in response.
    The ISP Firearms Licensing Section is currently experiencing a higher-than-normal volume of applications.

If there are no mistakes on your application and you have no criminal history, your license should be issued within 60 days from the time your local authority submitted your application to ISP.

CJIS
    Firearms Unit

Conner85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Princeton

EPD has always been nice to me. Back when I got my first rifle and was new to all the gun laws, I called Princeton PD asking if it was legal for me to have my AR15 in my Jeep without a permit and the lady told me I'd be arrested if I was caught. With or without a felony on my record. So I called EPD and the state police and they told me it was perfectly legal as long as I don't have any felonies. Needless to say, I never call PPD for anything like that. And their "service" is lousy. I was at work one night when my girlfriend heard someone jiggling our doorknob. She called the cops, and all they did was pull up in the parking lot and pull off. She heard it again after that. That's when I said it's time to get an AR.

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I got my LTCH in the mail today!!!:bacondance::bacondance::bacondance:

20 yrs old, clean record.
    finger printed on April 4th **with L1**
    Issued on the 15th, and arrived today.

only 13 days total to arrive.

WatermAlan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2014
    Carmel
    HOORAY!! My LTCH was waiting for me when I got home from work today!! :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:
    Only about 2.5 weeks. I was reading somewhere that I need to make copies right? Color copies and sign the copies, not the original? Did I get that right? So I assume you carry one of the copies with you. Why do you not sign the original?

Last edited:

Conner85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Princeton
    Got mine today. Paid fees April 1st, fingerprinted on the 4th, license issued on the 11th and then got it in the mail today. I already cut it out and put it in my wallet. But I'm going tomorrow to make copies, then sign and laminate them. And I'm gonna keep the original unsigned and stored away.

My local PD (Princeton) still says it's illegal to make copies. But Evansville PD said it's perfectly legal. So I'll go with Evansville.

Last edited:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    :thumbsup:
    HOORAY!! My LTCH was waiting for me when I got home from work today!! :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:
    Only about 2.5 weeks. I was reading somewhere that I need to make copies right? Color copies and sign the copies, not the original? Did I get that right? So I assume you carry one of the copies with you. Why do you not sign the original?

You got it right. Keep the original in a safe place in the event you need to make more copies.

Got mine today. Paid fees April 1st, fingerprinted on the 4th, license issued on the 11th and then got it in the mail today. I already cut it out and put it in my wallet. But I'm going tomorrow to make copies, then sign and laminate them. And I'm gonna keep the original unsigned and stored away.

My local PD (Princeton) still says it's illegal to make copies. But Evansville PD said it's perfectly legal. So I'll go with Evansville.

Ask Princeton to please cite the code that prohibits this. Or don't and go with Evansville.

Either way :thumbsup:

dsparks29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2014
    Richmond
    If I can be approved anyone can!

Online Application Filled on 3/28/2014
    Paid online @ this time...
    Fingerprinting L-1 on 4/1/2014
    Local PD Payment on 4/2/2014
    Saw the Chief of Police today when out he advised he approved my application several days ago...So sometime this past week..
    I do have two convictions listed 1st one was 2005 resisting law enforcement and 2008 Public intoxication. The RLE was actually done by the mentioned Chief. He was Sgt at the time. Hoping his approval of application will help things out. Also I have had a LTCH in the past with no suspensions or gun violations 2001 to 2005 wish had gotten lifetime! I have my typical doubt I will receive license until I see the pink paper in the mail. I'm hearing a lot about folks receiving emails that their licenses have been mailed. Is this a new protocol?

To my amazement I received an email today from ISP. I also had inquired ISP about some information I felt I could have better detailed about my past convictions. Ex. I provided the exact charge #s, like legally what they amounted to. My RLE was truly a misdemeanor charge of running when the police said to stop not fighting them. I know they could and would figure this out but hey I needed to express myself :cool:.. I was worried about the whole RLE thing..Sounds bad! What can I say I was 25 and pretty foolish. Well enough about my reason to email ISP. I did receive email today from a nice lady...

Mr. My L.Name,

I've reviewed your application and you had supplied enough information on the convictions for me to confirm. I approved and issued your license today. It will go out in the mail on 4/21/2014.

Needless to say I am quite relieved in the response. I was thinking long wait or denial. I still wont be completely convinced until I have the pink square back in my pocket..Been a long time! I appreciate the support and hope I have received from this forum. This is a place to vent concerns..Great Idea. Thanks and congrats conner! Thanks for support Letric. I will keep posted on my continued wait for the mail. Now I can start thinking about what I want to purchase for carry. I am a man of superstition and wouldn't consider the fact until I was approved. Don't want to have this new gun and no license to carry. Anything I can do for anyone else just post a reply. I will be in touch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom