• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Conner85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Princeton
    To my amazement I received an email today from ISP. I also had inquired ISP about some information I felt I could have better detailed about my past convictions. Ex. I provided the exact charge #s, like legally what they amounted to. My RLE was truly a misdemeanor charge of running when the police said to stop not fighting them. I know they could and would figure this out but hey I needed to express myself :cool:.. I was worried about the whole RLE thing..Sounds bad! What can I say I was 25 and pretty foolish. Well enough about my reason to email ISP. I did receive email today from a nice lady...

Mr. My L.Name,

I've reviewed your application and you had supplied enough information on the convictions for me to confirm. I approved and issued your license today. It will go out in the mail on 4/21/2014.

Needless to say I am quite relieved in the response. I was thinking long wait or denial. I still wont be completely convinced until I have the pink square back in my pocket..Been a long time! I appreciate the support and hope I have received from this forum. This is a place to vent concerns..Great Idea. Thanks and congrats conner! Thanks for support Letric. I will keep posted on my continued wait for the mail. Now I can start thinking about what I want to purchase for carry. I am a man of superstition and wouldn't consider the fact until I was approved. Don't want to have this new gun and no license to carry. Anything I can do for anyone else just post a reply. I will be in touch.

No problem and congrats. I was the same exact way. Even though they emailed my license number to me, I was still worried they had sent me someone else's information. Even if it was mailed out yesterday, it still feels like forever before you actually receive it.

Conner85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Princeton
    It sucks, but it's worth the wait. I just got copies done at Clarion in Princeton. But the only pink paper they have is darker card stock. Got 5 copies while a cop was in there. The lady said she would do it regardless of what the cops say. She also told me that it's no longer required to have your LTCH on you. And that all they do is run your social security number to verify you're valid.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    It sucks, but it's worth the wait. I just got copies done at Clarion in Princeton. But the only pink paper they have is darker card stock. Got 5 copies while a cop was in there. The lady said she would do it regardless of what the cops say. She also told me that it's no longer required to have your LTCH on you. And that all they do is run your social security number to verify you're valid.

Your LTCH is tied to your DL#. If you get pulled, the LEO will see your LTCH when he runs your DL.

While it's the subject of many a debate, I prefer to keep mine on me at all times so I can produce it if requested.

Conner85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Princeton
    Your LTCH is tied to your DL#. If you get pulled, the LEO will see your LTCH when he runs your DL.

While it's the subject of many a debate, I prefer to keep mine on me at all times so I can produce it if requested.

I prefer to keep mine on me too. I was just pretty relieved to hear that if I ever forgot it at home, which is impossible since I have one in each vehicle, that there is a way for a cop to know I'm licensed. Now, if a friend picks me up and I just so happen to forget my wallet, I know I'm covered. Unless I come across an ass for a cop and he decides to harass me because he's having a bad day. But that's why I have a camera on my phone, and my first amendment allows me to record any interaction in public.

dsparks29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2014
    Richmond
    I believe it to be true conner. I own a police scanner that picks up digital trunking so I hear what I can these days. When someone's name is run they will dispatch back their status wanted or not, license points and if they have LTCH they advise of that without being prompted. It is just in our file now when our name is run. So really police will assume we're packing without us telling them. But to refrain from any hostility I have in the past advised officer I was a licensed gun carrier. They get a little wide eyed but is nice to tell them and know there's nothing they can do. I just cooperate myself. I don't want to loose my right that has been turned privilege. Ain't that America!
    A

dsparks29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2014
    Richmond
    Sorry I was supposed to be replying to conners post about Not needing to have License on us. I still plan to have mine. I need to pay attention better!

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    This is my first post, but I wanted to post here first since this has been the thread I've been watching most (lurking, actually).

I applied for my LTCH on March 31 (did the online L1). Today, I called the Evansville Police Dept. to ensure they sent (approved) my application. The lady on the phone was horribly nice. She pulled up my info (only gave her my name on the phone) and told me that my application in Evansville was approved on Apr. 6th, and that the State approved my app yesterday. So, about a week at each facility for the approval process. I am still waiting for the actual license, but at least the stressful part is over. I've had no arrests, but still stressful.

Something else I wanted to share... I asked the folks at the EPD twice about making copies of my license. They told me each time, "Definitely get copies made, and laminate the original and keep it in a safe place. Just make sure you use the exact same color pink paper when you make the copies and remember to sign them- Office Depot usually has it.". I've read this issue has been a debate for many, so I thought I'd share what the EPD is currently communicating.

That's all I've got for now. If anyone has questions about my experience with the process, just ask. Oh, and thanks for having me. -Hex

I quoted myself so others wouldn't have to backtrack. I received my LTCH in the mail today. So, 20 days with Good Friday included. I'm going to the copy store...

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    FYI, the folks at Office Depot in Evansville said EPD visited them and said not to make copies of any LTCH. So, I bought the paper and made my own, then had them laminate the copies with 10 mil.

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    I see EPD is making their own rules. :ugh:

Indeed. I was a bit taken aback when the lady behind the counter informed me. But, she was very helpful regardless, and remembered me when I came back for the lamination bit. Either EPD is making their own rules, or perhaps their office staff and LEO's just need to get on the same page. All good at this point, either way.

Conner85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Princeton
    Does anyone have a product number to the actual paper that matches? I'm staring at my original and my copy and I become less and less happy with it. My copy is more of a hot pink. I guess I could talk with a lisp and tell the cop that I thought it was prettier. Maybe it will scream "DIVERSITY" and he'll let me off the hook.

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    Does anyone have a product number to the actual paper that matches? I'm staring at my original and my copy and I become less and less happy with it. My copy is more of a hot pink. I guess I could talk with a lisp and tell the cop that I thought it was prettier. Maybe it will scream "DIVERSITY" and he'll let me off the hook.

Wausau Exact Multipurpose "pink" 20#

Amazon.com : Wausau Exact Multipurpose Paper, 8.5 X 11 Inches, Pink, 500 Count (32571) : Office Products

Conner85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Princeton

Just bought it. Thanks for the reply. Now I need a laminating kit. But when copying, won't the printer print the background and cause the background of the license to be darker? Has anyone ever used Photoshop or Paintshop Pro to erase the background and save as a .PNG and print with a transparent background on the pink paper? I'm probably overthinking it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom