• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    If you scan the original you can crop the image, save as a photo and lay it side by side and make a whole sheet of copies rather than one per page.

I did mine one-per-page because I wanted to ensure the printing on the back of the license was authentic as well. It isn't as tidy having it there, but it's what the original would look like, so I wanted to match it.

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    Just bought it. Thanks for the reply. Now I need a laminating kit. But when copying, won't the printer print the background and cause the background of the license to be darker? Has anyone ever used Photoshop or Paintshop Pro to erase the background and save as a .PNG and print with a transparent background on the pink paper? I'm probably overthinking it.

If you're copying black and white, rather than in color, the background won't be affected.

Conner85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Princeton
    I did mine one-per-page because I wanted to ensure the printing on the back of the license was authentic as well. It isn't as tidy having it there, but it's what the original would look like, so I wanted to match it.

I thought about that after I had already cut mine out. But I'm just going to scan both sides of my license and line it up the best I can to make it match. Photoshop and Paintshop Pro are nice to have when it comes to stuff like this.

dsparks29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2014
    Richmond
    Nothing as of Tuesdsay. Hmm. She did say would be mailed on monday though. l am guessing it takes little longer for something to leave a big operation then mail to get to me. Not as fast as if it had been dropped in a mailbox. On the up though I picked up a nice Gen3 Glock 27 on monday has the high dollar night sights on it which I would have never forked the money myself, so bonus! Guy threw in a blackhawk holster also. It will be for sale if anyone wants to purchase it. In richmond area here. Not sure I like it. I really want a IWB hybrid holster. Also splurged and bought some Gold Dot HP for carry only. Gote box of FMJ for the range. Having to refrain from carry bites! Hopfuly I get it and getting Wed would be great!

dsparks29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2014
    Richmond
    What a beautiful day it is! Dont you all agree? Lol! Got my pink piece of paper. Had waited as long as I could b4 noon watching the mailbox. Like a little kid really! Had to run to Indy for an appointment. When I got home I was prepared to be let down again. Like conner, I wouldn't believe it was real until I seen it. I really have to throw my thanks out to my local PD for recognition of my changes I've made in the past ten plus years. My early twenties were full of chaos. Now in mid thirties I've really mellowed out. Ironically had a license in those earlier years. Good luck to everyone who is waiting. Hard for me to say but be patient. :-D

beehunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    I was fingerprinted and paid my final fee on April 8th at the county sheriffs dept and received my lifetime permit in the mail today, April 23. The permit said it was issued on April 17th. I am so excited to actually be able to carry my pistols legally while I am hunting or target shooting and for personal protection too.

dsparks29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2014
    Richmond
    I can only assume that im paying the time penalty for not doing L1. *shrug* cant make it get here any faster now.

How long has it been? I got mine the old way 14 years ago of course and I will say it took around a month maybe 5 weeks. That was when they were all done through snail mail. So I have hopes for you to get sooner than you think. Like I have shared, I had past RLE convictions and my wait all though seemed forever. Was actually pretty fast. Hang in there. Keep us posted. I think we all love re-living the feeling you'll have when getting.

dsparks29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2014
    Richmond
    I also already got my copies. My family member works at a real estate company so I borrowed their supplies for a moment. I too am not completely satisfied with my color of pink paper, not bad, not perfect match either. Let me know how that paper from amazon works for you conner. All in all I do have 3 nice laminated copies in hand. I also will note I did front and back so to appear as original as possible.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    What a beautiful day it is! Dont you all agree? Lol! Got my pink piece of paper. Had waited as long as I could b4 noon watching the mailbox. Like a little kid really! Had to run to Indy for an appointment. When I got home I was prepared to be let down again. Like conner, I wouldn't believe it was real until I seen it. I really have to throw my thanks out to my local PD for recognition of my changes I've made in the past ten plus years. My early twenties were full of chaos. Now in mid thirties I've really mellowed out. Ironically had a license in those earlier years. Good luck to everyone who is waiting. Hard for me to say but be patient. :-D

:thumbsup:

Glad it showed up. Welcome to the cool kids club !

mtbrgeek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2014
    For Twain
    for others with the ability...
    making a sheet of duplicated versions of your LTCH:
    1. Scan in using Photoshop, Color Image, atleast 1200dpi the higher the dpi the crisper the image ( unfortunately, the larger the file)
    2. Use the Magic Eraser tool and set its Tolerance to 100, Uncheck Contiguous
    3. Click on the pink!
    MAKE SURE YOU SELECTED TRANSPARENT BACKGROUND
    BAM! all the pink is gone.

You can select JUSt the card area when youre doing your scan.
    I did that, and then took the pink removed file, copied it into Illustrator and made a nice array of my cards. I now have a file ready to print onto my pink paper that is in the mail.
    Take those to the copy shop, and ask them to laminate it with 5-10mil laminate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom