• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    interesting. I wonder if I can get a plastic one to replace my current lifetime. Not that its better, but I bet its standard size and will fit into my wallet better ;)

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Per ISP, after October 1st, only electronic applications will be accepted. Also, after October 1st, hard plastic permits will be issued instead of paper ones. Old paper permits will be acceptable until they expire. Paper lifetime permits will continue to be honored. https://local.nixle.com/alert/5269645/?sub_id=273009

That will take away the whole "Where can I get my LTCH copied? " discussion.

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    interesting. I wonder if I can get a plastic one to replace my current lifetime. Not that its better, but I bet its standard size and will fit into my wallet better ;)

I imagine you could, and you'll probably have to pay $20 as you do for a replacement or duplicate.

cdh878

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I did the l1 printing almost a month ago but wasn't able to get to the city-county building until last Friday. I get very impatient waiting for things so I tried to instantly forget about it. I checked the mail earlier today and was pleasantly surprised to find it only seven days later. Turned in everything on 9/12 and it was issued on 9/17.

brj8832

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Most of the wait times that I've read so far are for those that did the 'L-1'. Anyone have any idea what kinda wait you're looking at with just doing ink prints instead of electronic?

7mw0

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    Indiana
    My daughter applied the last week of August with L1 and we are still waiting as of October 1st.

Have her send an email to ISP@isp.in.gov with her information and the staff from the firearms license unit will look into the issue. Also, the new online application program (go to ISP: Home) will allow her to create a user name and password for an account that will allow her to track where her application is throughout the process. The goal is to keep applicants informed throughout the entire process until they get their card. Another feature of the new program is that address changes, name changes (marriage) and requests for a duplicate license can all be performed online. Firearms Dealers licenses (state) are also completed online starting today.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Have her send an email to ISP@isp.in.gov with her information and the staff from the firearms license unit will look into the issue. Also, the new online application program (go to ISP: Home) will allow her to create a user name and password for an account that will allow her to track where her application is throughout the process. The goal is to keep applicants informed throughout the entire process until they get their card. Another feature of the new program is that address changes, name changes (marriage) and requests for a duplicate license can all be performed online. Firearms Dealers licenses (state) are also completed online starting today.

Sounds like you're pretty inside on this, care to introduce yourself?

:welcome: to :ingo:

7mw0

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    Indiana
    I'm just a person who wants Indiana firearms license applicants to receive the best service possible. I'm just someone who wants to be helpful. The information I quoted is on the ISP website.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN

I called the State Police and they told me to go back to where she had applied to have them track the progress of the permit. They told me that this new site is only for applications started after October 1st. She is going to the Sheriffs office tomorrow it is just a bummer that we paid for the electronic filing and they state 3-7 business days and its been over a month. Just say'n

7mw0

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    Indiana
    I called the State Police and they told me to go back to where she had applied to have them track the progress of the permit. They told me that this new site is only for applications started after October 1st. She is going to the Sheriffs office tomorrow it is just a bummer that we paid for the electronic filing and they state 3-7 business days and its been over a month. Just say'n

Whoever you spoke to is wrong. Going to your local agency won't get you any further. Send an email to ISP@isp.in.gov with all of her information and it will get resolved.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom