GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've noticed that all 3 of my four kids who have applied for their larry (youngest will be applying in march when he turns 18)have got it back within 10 days, yet I know older adults who have waited forever. I guess the youngsters have less background to check.:):

You may be on to something, there. :D

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I called the Schererville PD today and asked what's going on with my permit application. I said according to the ISP portal, it's still pending local approval. The dispatcher or whoever answered the phone looked in to it and said "I don't know. I'm going to transfer you to the supervisor." So then I explained everything to the supervisor again, and she told me it takes 4-8 weeks. Then she said it looks like its on the Chief's desk awaiting final approval. She asked me what my cell number was and said she would call me back when she finds something out. She never called back. It's still pending local approval on the ISP portal after all that today.

Over 3 weeks in the local PD just sitting on it. Then I see others getting them back from a week to a month. I live in a high crime county in Indiana. I want my carry permit so I can defend myself legally. It's all of our rights to bare arms, and cops can't be everywhere. This is important to me, and they are just sitting on it. Upset isn't even the word I want to use. I hope they get on it soon. Robbery rates are going to be up because of Christmas. I just want to protect myself and family legally from people that carry guns illegally. I just can't get over this. This whole time, I was thinking ISP was backed up, and I could understand that. But it's my local PD making me wait, when it sounds like ISP has their process down good and pumping them out fast.

That sucks. When I did my lifetime LTCH a few years ago, the Lawrence County sheriff's office already had them "pre-signed". You just went in, got your prints done, paid your money and you left with his "approval". Even when I got my first one in Bloomington years ago, the chief of police didn't sit on them that long. He only apporved them once a week (so I was told) and he approved mine pretty quickly as memory serves. Your situation is ridiculous.

TheHUTMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2016
    Valparaiso
    Lifetime LTCH Applied online and paid 11/4.
    Fingerprinting and county sheriff filed 11/7.
    Issued on 11/14,
    Received in mail on 11/16.

I'm squeaky clean, prior military, so I'm assuming that's why it went pretty quick.

imprint89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2016
    Schererville
    Update: After waiting a "few days", which is what I was told on the call back, the chief has it, it's on his desk, which was last week Wednesday. It's still pending local approval at the close of the business day. I'm going to wait till Thursday and if nothing gets submitted to ISP, my girlfriend and I are going to the PD and try to talk to the chief or someone who can get this resolved.

Curious, could I call ISP and ask them to talk to the chief and speed things up? Just a thought. I'm pulling my hair out..

renauldo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    2 close 2 Illinois
    Update: After waiting a "few days", which is what I was told on the call back, the chief has it, it's on his desk, which was last week Wednesday. It's still pending local approval at the close of the business day. I'm going to wait till Thursday and if nothing gets submitted to ISP, my girlfriend and I are going to the PD and try to talk to the chief or someone who can get this resolved.

Curious, could I call ISP and ask them to talk to the chief and speed things up? Just a thought. I'm pulling my hair out..

If Holiday crime in and around Schererville is as high as you suggest the Chief is busy dealing with it. Don't just barge in. If you insist on prodding him again at least make an appt. to see him. I would avoid going to see him as you suggest as it will just **** him off and your application will go to the bottom of the pile. I doubt very much the ISP will get involved with your issue if you go to them. You're just gonna have to sit tight and wait it out. AT LEAST 1. - you know your application in the system and not lost. 2. - you have some hair to pull out.

imprint89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2016
    Schererville
    If Holiday crime in and around Schererville is as high as you suggest the Chief is busy dealing with it. Don't just barge in. If you insist on prodding him again at least make an appt. to see him. I would avoid going to see him as you suggest as it will just **** him off and your application will go to the bottom of the pile. I doubt very much the ISP will get involved with your issue if you go to them. You're just gonna have to sit tight and wait it out. AT LEAST 1. - you know your application in the system and not lost. 2. - you have some hair to pull out.

That is a good point. Crime is high right now, our Walmart is always getting items stolen and people arrested. Yeah, they got me. I don't want to delay it further. I just think they had plenty of time, half of last month plus right up until now to submit it to ISP and I would of most likely had it already based on the turnout I see others getting them back from ISP. Frustrated. My dad was an East Chicago cop for 20 years, retired. He died last month and I inherited his weapons. I would like to defend myself with the same weapons that saved his life and others, that's why I said it's important to me. I couldn't think of a better way to honor him and I think he would have wanted that.

TheWiz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    I am wondering if previously living out of state is delaying my approval.

App and state fee 11/5
    Digital Fingerprinting 11/9
    Local fee and submission 11/12

It has said "Pending ISP approval" since 11/12

I know that it can take up to 60 days but I notice a lot of people on this site seem to get faster approvals. Also btw I do not have a criminal record of any type.

IMG_0893.JPG

Finally approved today. Now just waiting on my physical permit.

imprint89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2016
    Schererville
    Update: Exactly 30 days after I paid the local fee, I got an email saying local approved it and it's now pending ISP approval.

11/14 State fee/app
    11/15 Electronic fingerprint/local fee
    12/15 Pending ISP approval

Thanks all for hearing me vent off my frustrations. I'll update when ISP approves.

EDIT: Approved by ISP 12/16

Last edited:

TRW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2017
    Jeffersonville
    Get this: I applied online and did my finger prints and local fees in an hour or two during the afternoon on Jan 3 and I had my license in the mailbox on Jan 9! I'm a new resident and I'm loving Indiana so far.

screwclinton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2017
    Indianapolis
    After negligently allowing my permit to expire, I re-applied for a lifetime permit online on 01/04 for $75. Just checked online that has been approved 01/23. Awaiting card. I am a little peeved that IMPD extracted another $50. I would be OK with half that. What are the fees for the other towns?

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    After negligently allowing my permit to expire, I re-applied for a lifetime permit online on 01/04 for $75. Just checked online that has been approved 01/23. Awaiting card. I am a little peeved that IMPD extracted another $50. I would be OK with half that. What are the fees for the other towns?
    Here in Lebanon it's $50 with a $1.50 fee for card use.. it is what it is..

rstone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2017
    Fishers
    I am amazed at how quickly this process has become. When I did mine a few years back it tool well over a month. Had been after my girlfriend to get hers completed so she could carry legally. Applied on January 5 and it arrived in the mail on the 18th! the backlog must be getting very small or they are completely caught up.

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    Mine got approved by the ISP in 2 days but its been approved now for about a week and havent seen it in the mail. showes issued on 1/19. i figured if they mailed it on the 20th id have it by now from indianapolis but maybe they just mail out in batches?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom