• Status
    Not open for further replies.

screwclinton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Mine got approved by the ISP in 2 days but its been approved now for about a week and havent seen it in the mail. showes issued on 1/19. i figured if they mailed it on the 20th id have it by now from indianapolis but maybe they just mail out in batches?

Mine was approved on the 23rd and received on the 27th. Maybe a problem with the post office.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I am wondering if previously living out of state is delaying my approval.

App and state fee 11/5
    Digital Fingerprinting 11/9
    Local fee and submission 11/12

It has said "Pending ISP approval" since 11/12

I know that it can take up to 60 days but I notice a lot of people on this site seem to get faster approvals. Also btw I do not have a criminal record of any type.

I wonder if it's a Allen County thing. I finished the process yesterday and was told it takes 60 days.

RConverse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    Memphis
    Filled out my application on 1/25, fingerprints and paperwork submitted to local PD on 1/27, got my card in the mail on 2/3. Whole process took 9 days.

dozer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Sellersburg
    Filled initial application -3/5
    Finger prints & Submitted to Local PD -3/9
    Local approved - how would i tell?
    ISP approved - PENDING ISP APPROVAL
    Card received! -not yet...

The wait is or the just not knowing drives me nuts.
    3/27 still waiting but did have a blast out in Clark state forest gun range!

Last edited:

Grant11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Rockville
    Local PD approved and sent my app to ISP about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Got my license in the mail yesterday and carried for the first time today.

dozer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Sellersburg
    Local PD approved and sent my app to ISP about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Got my license in the mail yesterday and carried for the first time today.

How do you know when local PD approved and sent? I got an e-mail from the Aries portal(ISP) they received my prints then another an hour later about my local is paid. Been in awaiting ISP approval since 3/10

Grant11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Rockville
    I dropped all my info off at the police station, and the chief of police called me the next day. He said he called to let me know he reviewed everything, was approving me, and sending it to ISP that afternoon.

dozer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Sellersburg
    I call and asked the sellersburg PD about it they don't call or anything they just do their background check an send it to the ISP the finger prints go to the FBI an they do their own background check she told me that's the one that takes time the ISP just handles the creation and sending of the permit and of course records. Nice to actually know what the whole process entails.

Last edited:

csprig9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    jusy got my fingerprint digitally done. they said come in monday to pay the local fees. anybody have an idea of how long it takes after i pay the local fee. all other fees have been paid

dozer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Sellersburg
    jusy got my fingerprint digitally done. they said come in monday to pay the local fees. anybody have an idea of how long it takes after i pay the local fee. all other fees have been paid

7 to 86 days depends on your history, how common your name is (mines Mexican so ill be even longer it seems), how many proverbial astronomical forces are aligned against you( lol I'm on day 47 I think) applied 3/6/17 fingerprints an local paid 3/8/17 awaiting ISP approval since 3/9/17 still waiting...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom