Current Pricing is it motivating you to spend More?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Still have the itch for a new 1911, having a friend my age that is in stage 3 really got me to thinking, yeah why not enjoy some of the nice things in life. Locally you can find a $350 1911 pre plandemic pricing for right around $750! Gun broker seems to be ripe with a few Larry Vickers Master Class 1911’s in the $1800 to $2300 range. Now we are well into Dan Wesson ball park.

So seems like it would push people towards a nicer firearm? Seriously if your going to pay a premium for a non premium product why not just step up to the plate?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I've bought Springfield and Beretta pistols at below MSRP locally.

I bought an APX for $399 new in a gun shop.

I see them in the classifieds here for over 5.

Patience and some phone calls pay off.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Admiral Zimmo and I were at Homan's in St. Henry today. He's a no B.S. kind of guy, and his prices were pretty much pre panic, reflecting that attitude. Still, all I bought was an NRA gun giveaway calendar, and a couple of raffle tickets for the Ohio Progressive Sportsmen and another group. I'm still the same old me. If it's something on the list, and at a great price, then I'm in. Otherwise, not so much.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I don't need anything enough to want to pay crazy prices. I might pay a little more if it's pretty but I'm not paying double.

I think there are always deals to be found if you look hard enough. That's part of the game. I want what I want at a certain price point. It's fun to try to find it.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Been buying firearms and ammo for many years - only when the prices are "right".

Youngest son (he's 50) and I have several firearms and enough ammo to last until our great grandchildren want it! (Not counting all the molds, presses, brass, powder, primers and bullets we stock).

I buy in bulk when there is NO shortage and prices are fair or great. During the last rimfire shortage we bought nothing as we had plenty. After the shortage was over, I purchased 10K / 15K 22LR just because the price went way down. Didn't need it but sure is nice to have - doesn't eat anything nor will it go bad in our lifetimes. Bought a few guns when prices were right a year or so ago. Didn't need any but....

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I have bought a few items that were 30% more expensive than they were a year ago. I (mainly) purchase because I thought they may not be available after Biden has his way with the 2a.
    I don't usually buy stuff with the thought of re-selling and making money, but I'm not "stocking up" on ammo or anything else at inflated prices. I'm not in desperate need of anything at the moment. Given how little I shoot these days I should be good for a while.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If anything it is motivating me to spend less. I'm not buying guns and have recently sold a few. I'm not buying ammo, but I am buying reloading components as long as I can get them at pre-pandemic prices.

Full disclosure; I wouldn't be buying firearms if they were good deals as I have what I want. I'm not looking to add.

I will buy factory 9mm but my ceiling is <$0.38/round. I'm still loading my own for $0.1075/round so 4X that is my max.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Aside from my rounding up of reloading supplies early last spring I have bought less in the past year than any other year as far back as 2012. I want lots of things but dont really need anything so I will be patient and wait this out until the madness ends. I refuse to give in to the markups and get caught up in the panic buying. I will still grab something on occasion if it is still at retail or better though.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    I should hope not, recently sold off a few long guns and I can finally get into the safe once again without banging stuff around.

In fact recently considered selling off everything 5.56 related as there's no way in .... I see myself sending something downrange worth $1 a rnd.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I should hope not, recently sold off a few long guns and I can finally get into the safe once again without banging stuff around.

In fact recently considered selling off everything 5.56 related as there's no way in .... I see myself sending something downrange worth $1 a rnd.
    I'm out of the AR/.556 game completely at this point. I still have some powder, dies, brass, projectiles and primers but I have not yet reloaded a round. I haven't decided to sell that stuff off in case I decide to get back in the game. I'm going to wait and see what kind of laws are created surrounding the AR before I make a decision.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Aside from my rounding up of reloading supplies early last spring I have bought less in the past year than any other year as far back as 2012. I want lots of things but dont really need anything so I will be patient and wait this out until the madness ends. I refuse to give in to the markups and get caught up in the panic buying. I will still grab something on occasion if it is still at retail or better though.
    I would by a second M&P Compact 2.0 if I could buy one for what I paid for the one I currently own but they are over a $100 more right now!

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I would by a second M&P Compact 2.0 if I could buy one for what I paid for the one I currently own but they are over a $100 more right now!
    Yeah, i noticed that the other day when browsing grab-a-gun. I got mine from them 3 years ago for $387. They are wanting $589 today. Freakin nutz

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The higher end guns haven't been as effected as much, but they are also pretty much unavailable locally.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Short answer ... kinda.

Longer ... there is an entertainment and satisfaction component to buying guns and gun stuff (same as going to a movie or a nice restaurant), so if I see something that I want and it feels like a decent enough "deal" to me these days, I'll still jump on it. The market and supply & demand dictate some notion of value, but ultimately value is a personal decision. Thankfully, I've been lucky enough to obtain most of what I want in the past when prices were better.

At the end of the day, an extra hundred dollars here or a couple hundred there due to inflated prices is the cost of entertainment and satisfaction to secure something I really want. And that's worth it to me.

Frontiersman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    East Central Indiana
    As they say; "the older you get, the faster time goes".

Not everyone is gouging. I still shop around. Prices might go up, or they might go down. But in the end, I'm not going to let a few dollars keep me from enjoying life.

I remember when the ol bill was in office. He restricted our enjoyment for 10 years. There was no positive outcome on crime reduction from the futile efforts. They just don't understand that people commit crimes, not inanimate objects.

I expect more of the same thinking. 10 wasted years is getting harder to come by. I'm focusing more on things I think may become hard to get, or make a good investment.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    As they say; "the older you get, the faster time goes".

I expect more of the same thinking. 10 wasted years is getting harder to come by. I'm focusing more on things I think may become hard to get, or make a good investment.
    This is why I'm still shooting every weekend. It does me no good to not shoot for two years while all this gets sorted out. If I did, then in two years I would have to invest another two years to get where I am since shooting is a perishable skill. I don't know what life will be like down the road. I cross those bridges when I come to them.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I don't need anything enough to want to pay crazy prices. I might pay a little more if it's pretty but I'm not paying double.

I think there are always deals to be found if you look hard enough. That's part of the game. I want what I want at a certain price point. It's fun to try to find it.
    You're right gungirl65, deals are out there if you keep looking and asking around. When you do find one of those deals you CAN'T let it slip away either...hesitate and some other lucky one will get it!

Top Bottom