• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Just wanted to get some input from fellow members. If I'm correct in reading the current rules for flying commercial airlines... If you decline the back scatter xray machine you are forced to undergo a physical pat-down? There are no options for just going through the metal detector? My dilemma rests with my 1 year old daughter who I do not want her bombarded with xrays... and on top of that no stranger will touch her period. So currently that means no fly for us?

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    DO NOT FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay away from the Constitution free zones that are the airport, drive to wherever you need to go. Pray that the airlines go out of business because of all the Unconstitutional infringements of the 4th Amendment.

Gunner

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Just wanted to get some input from fellow members. If I'm correct in reading the current rules for flying commercial airlines... If you decline the back scatter xray machine you are forced to undergo a physical pat-down? There are no options for just going through the metal detector? My dilemma rests with my 1 year old daughter who I do not want her bombarded with xrays... and on top of that no stranger will touch her period. So currently that means no fly for us?
    The TSA website should have all of your answers. I understand your concern, but currently I'm not sure if there are any more back scatter machines left. They are using the other "lower" radiation type and I know that Indy doesn't have any back scatter machines. I am also not sure if there is an age limit on those, but I have never seen a 1 year old go through one. You are correct that those machines are optional, but if you do refuse you do have to get the pat-down.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Some people are not being selected to go through scanners anymore. At random, they are selecting individuals to leave their shoes on and go through a regular metal detector.

brownhornet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Mishawaka, IN
    I went through this about three months ago in Providence, RI flying back here. I told the security agent while holding my 10 month old daughter "we opt out" of the back scatter while everyone else filed through. The TSA woman/blue shirt tried to give me a little bit of friction (it's safe, it's not the one you're thinking of...) but I said we're not going through it and repeated "we opt out." My wife who was standing behind me and was thinking on her toes lied and said she was pregnant and we all got taken aside and the magic wand out. I was able to hold my 10 month old daughter the whole time while they ran the wand over us. Nobody is going to spook/lay a hand on my kid in the name of security theater.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I don't blame you. The scanner machines hit you with dangerous X-ray radiation and you are wise to avoid it for yourself and your children. Indeed you get exposed during medical and dental procedures but those have a purpose so you make the trade-off. But the ones at airports don't detect anything anyway (a would-be terrorist would find a way around it) and so you are needlessly exposing yourself to radiation.

The best choice is to NOT fly. But if you must, bypass the scanner. But the TSA perverts will fondle you and yours. Again for their own selfish reasons as any would-be terrorist would find another way in. Airport security is all for show.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom