• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    The Glock 26 I have is already a great pistol. Though I was wondering what all kind of custom work can you have done?

Have you had this work done? Where did you have it done at? How much did it cost and are you happy with the quality of the work?

I have a stock Glock 26 and I wouldn't mind tweaking it. This is my first handgun so I'm unsure of what custom work can be done.

Glock owners only please.

Thanks, Gulley

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Hmm, not sure what you are asking about. Mine is all stock. My 17 is a range gun with different sights, trigger work and that's about it. Think my 19 has an extended slide lock and may release.

What are unhappy with that you want to change? Triggers is good for EDC, sights are not the greatest.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    The ONLY mods you need for a Glock. (I have the G19 and G26)

Extended mag release, dehorned.
    Extended slide release.
    Smooth faced trigger.
    Night Sights.

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    I am very happy with the G-26. Workings or looks. Just wondering what options are out there. The G-26 is used for HD and EDC. After buying the G-26 the sights don't look on par with Glock's work itself. Looks like sights with white stickers on it. But it does it's job I suppose.

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    The ONLY mods you need for a Glock. (I have the G19 and G26)

Extended mag release, dehorned.
    Extended slide release.
    Smooth faced trigger.
    Night Sights.

I like my ext. mag. release. That's why I got the Gen. 4. I didn't like the Gen. 3 mag. release. What's a smooth faced trigger look like and what's the benefit?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I like my ext. mag. release. That's why I got the Gen. 4. I didn't like the Gen. 3 mag. release. What's a smooth faced trigger look like and what's the benefit?

It's just a Glock 17 trigger.

The compacts and subcompacts come with a serrated trigger. Full size comes with a smooth face trigger.

After a long hard day of shooting, the serrated trigger can hurt your finger. The smooth face feels so much better.

It's like $20 at any gun shop.

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    It's just a Glock 17 trigger.

The compacts and subcompacts come with a serrated trigger. Full size comes with a smooth face trigger.

After a long hard day of shooting, the serrated trigger can hurt your finger. The smooth face feels so much better.

It's like $20 at any gun shop.

Do the 19 and 26 triggers give your trigger finger a pinch?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Do the 19 and 26 triggers give your trigger finger a pinch?

I never really noticed it. I ran my G19 with the stock serrated trigger for a long time. But I did notice a difference after moving to the smooth faced trigger.

It's worth getting. And it is a Glock factory part.

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    I never really noticed it. I ran my G19 with the stock serrated trigger for a long time. But I did notice a difference after moving to the smooth faced trigger.

It's worth getting. And it is a Glock factory part.

Thanks, for $20 it's worth a shot. When it pinches me sometimes, I believe it's because I have my finger too low on the trigger. I'll give the G-17 a try.

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    Have you checked out the Glock store? They have tons of add ons. If it was my carry gun I would go extended slide and mag release and night sites. A mag well would be cool too, but may make it harder to carry.

Here's a link to the Glock store, if you haven't already checked it out.

GlockStore.com - Glock Parts & Accessories, Glock Magazines & Apparel

I haven't, thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Yeah, ext. slide release would be great. I don't like how small it is. Would this have any problem with holsters? Also for someone who knows little about handguns. Do you recommend I do this myself or have a professional do this?

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Okay, first off, congrats on the new Glock. I love both of the ones I have and I have plans to get at least a few more :)
    As far as mods, it is all personal preference, but here is what I have/have done to both of mine:
    Smooth trigger (just feels better)
    polish the contact points on the trigger bar and connecter. (makes trigger pull smooth)
    Over travel stop (found on glock store eliminates over travel of the trigger, making the pull shorter after the shot breaks)
    Grip stippling on side panels, finger groves, and in front of the take down bar (makes the gun stock to my hand)
    I undercut the trigger guard a little to prevent "Glock knuckle"
    I also cut a small grove under the trigger guard for indexing with my support hand.
    I also have night sights on both my glocks

I personally don't like extended controls, but I have been shooting a glock for about 4 years and haven't ever found that I needed them. You can lighten the trigger pull on a SD gun and be fine in court if you can justify the shot you took in the first place. If there is question about whether or not you should have taken the shot, or you didn't mean to shoot but pulled the trigger because you were so hyped up on adrenalin, then a court might care that you lightened the trigger pull. :twocents:

Also, you can look on youtube and find some good videos on how to do everything I mentioned above. The only thing I would pay to have done is getting sights installed unless you get a sight pusher.
    5129203836_89f7abfdff.jpg

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    Okay, first off, congrats on the new Glock. I love both of the ones I have and I have plans to get at least a few more :)
    As far as mods, it is all personal preference, but here is what I have/have done to both of mine:
    Smooth trigger (just feels better)
    polish the contact points on the trigger bar and connecter. (makes trigger pull smooth)
    Over travel stop (found on glock store eliminates over travel of the trigger, making the pull shorter after the shot breaks)
    Grip stippling on side panels, finger groves, and in front of the take down bar (makes the gun stock to my hand)
    I undercut the trigger guard a little to prevent "Glock knuckle"
    I also cut a small grove under the trigger guard for indexing with my support hand.
    I also have night sights on both my glocks

I personally don't like extended controls, but I have been shooting a glock for about 4 years and haven't ever found that I needed them. You can lighten the trigger pull on a SD gun and be fine in court if you can justify the shot you took in the first place. If there is question about whether or not you should have taken the shot, or you didn't mean to shoot but pulled the trigger because you were so hyped up on adrenalin, then a court might care that you lightened the trigger pull. :twocents:

Also, you can look on youtube and find some good videos on how to do everything I mentioned above. The only thing I would pay to have done is getting sights installed unless you get a sight pusher.
    5129203836_89f7abfdff.jpg

I think my trigger is fine stock. If I had any complaint, it would be trigger travel. Though I think I'd feel better knowing my EDC trigger is stock. How do you like the stippling?

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I think my trigger is fine stock. If I had any complaint, it would be trigger travel. Though I think I'd feel better knowing my EDC trigger is stock. How do you like the stippling?

The over travel stop is a stock trigger housing with a hole drilled and tapped in the back for a set screw, pretty simple and it made it through a 800+ round class without problems (and no problems since then either)

I love the stippling. I did it myself (and I also did another member's Glock too). I think it feels really good, and it doesn't look bad IMO because I didn't get carried away and stipple the whole frame (including up the backstrap and on the trigger :rolleyes:) I will stick with that pattern on my future glocks too because I am so happy with it.

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    The over travel stop is a stock trigger housing with a hole drilled and tapped in the back for a set screw, pretty simple and it made it through a 800+ round class without problems (and no problems since then either)

I love the stippling. I did it myself (and I also did another member's Glock too). I think it feels really good, and it doesn't look bad IMO because I didn't get carried away and stipple the whole frame (including up the backstrap and on the trigger :rolleyes:) I will stick with that pattern on my future glocks too because I am so happy with it.

Stippling is permanent. Unless you swap a frame of course. Maybe I'll try to get a hold of someone who has had this work done on their Glock and see how it feels.

As for the trigger travel job. You lost me after trigger housing. Maybe I'll do more research on that or if all else fails take it to someone who knows what their doing. I'd hate to screw up my Glock.

DarkEyes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Danville
    Do not change anything. It is just fine the way it it.. Go and put some rounds through it and if you still do not like the trigger put some more rounds through it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom