• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I have been working on custom grips for my Sig and thought I would share it. Project still isn't complete yet as I need to increase the counter bore for the bolts. Also need to tumble the grips to polish them for anodizing or powdercoat. I haven't decided which route I want to go yet on them for the coating.

3d printed grips to test out how they feel

Billet aluminum prototypes

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Honestly, I like the printed grips better than the aluminum ones so far. Maybe that'll change after you get them finished. That said, I'm old school and like cocobolos and deep woodtones. One of the things I like best about mine is the wood grips. Not so crazy about the excess of checkering, but again, that's my personal preference.
    I am a little jealous that you can do the painstaking work to make them fit right.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I think that is because they are unfinished. It actually wasn't hard to make it fit, but I am an engineer for a living. I just traced out the factory grips on engineering paper and measured everything with calipers. Took a little time, but wasn't bad. If I were to do it again though, I would just scan it with our 3d scanner.

Top Bottom